Goodbye Jesus

Dead Again: Director Of Theological School De-Converts

James23

Hi James23, funny enough Thereandbackagain has just suggested to Chilledmilk and myself to read your site. I Understand you are from NZ as well?

Keep up the good work - great site!

Hi Logical Fallacy, thanks for checking out my site. If you like it please follow. I am from New Zealand - land of the born-again heathens.

Hi dangitbobby83,

Thanks for your non-prayers, I’m pretty sure that I could feel you not praying for me last night. Thanks for reading the blog.

Where is the like button??

I have been reading your blog lately James. It's a good read

Where is the like button??

If you don't see a little green up-arrow at the bottom right of each post, next to the number of likes they've received, you will get one once you've posted enough and gotten enough likes from earlier members. :)

Same with an "edit" button, it'll appear later for you.

yunea: Thanks for answering that, I didn't know any of that either.

Hi Chilled Milk, thanks for reading my blog. If you like it please follow it. I think someone told me that you are Kiwi, is that correct?

Bless the Lard and welcome to this glorious site! Enjoy your FREEDOM!

I'll add you to my prayer list. I pray in the Spook regularly for this glorious site and those who use it, asking the Magic Sky Man to magically bless our efforts! The Holy Farter never fails! He kicks the Talking Snake's ass every time! Shumbala Humbala Mumbala Dumbala! Thank you, Jesus! Glory!

• Like 1

ROTFLMAO Ahhh Jeff you always make me laugh. I've read your own site. Keep it up brother.

• Like 1

Hi Abijah, glad to hear I’m helping you stay sane. I’m usually accused of the opposite. Is there a particular reason for your sanity being tested?

Hi Abijah, glad to hear I’m helping you stay sane. I’m usually accused of the opposite. Is there a particular reason for your sanity being tested?

I recently got married, which means that all the people (family and friends) I once knew have been contacting me with blessings from god, judgement for my heathen husband, and reminders of how much they miss me and pity parties of how I left them. Makes me feel guilty for leaving, and makes me wonder if maybe some of the blessers are godly people and that godly is good. I think too much, and your blog helps me think logically, rather than in processes tha t I was brainwashed into.

Hi Abijah, firstly let me say congratulations! I can imagine how some of your family and friends are making you feel uncomfortable. Don’t let them ruin what should be a happy time in your life. Just remember this, guilt is the primary tool of religion. Preachers are masters at using it in order to manipulate people into giving money, turning up to church on time etc. And Christians are masters at using it against each other. Don’t buy into the bullshit. If they are blessing you accept that as their goodwill. If they are passing judgement on your husband tell them that because you are bound by marriage if they reject him they are rejecting you; effectively “shut up.” Sorry if this comes off as too blunt, but it annoys the crap out of me when Christians try to manipulate people once they have left the church. Enjoy the blossoming of your new marriage and maybe get some new non-religious friends. All the best.

• Like 1

Hi Abijah, firstly let me say congratulations! I can imagine how some of your family and friends are making you feel uncomfortable. Don’t let them ruin what should be a happy time in your life. Just remember this, guilt is the primary tool of religion. Preachers are masters at using it in order to manipulate people into giving money, turning up to church on time etc. And Christians are masters at using it against each other. Don’t buy into the bullshit. If they are blessing you accept that as their goodwill. If they are passing judgement on your husband tell them that because you are bound by marriage if they reject him they are rejecting you; effectively “shut up.” Sorry if this comes off as too blunt, but it annoys the crap out of me when Christians try to manipulate people once they have left the church. Enjoy the blossoming of your new marriage and maybe get some new non-religious friends. All the best.

Thank you much! I am easily manipulated by guilt still, but improving. I also recently started seeing a new therapist who is an ex-Christian. Very helpful! I have also been associating myself with more non-believers. It's hard to find them sometimes, but it's been pretty good. Thanks for your encouragement!

Another great article James. My parents are definitely in the God's ways are not our ways therefore we must have faith camp.

I shorten this to "Don't question, the pastor has the revelation!"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Logical Fallacy,

Thanks for the kind words. I find myself more and more frustrated talking to Christians who simply refuse to objectively look at the facts. Conversations can often be like trying to catch water in your hand. Just as you say, I have met so many people over the years who practice Pastorianity.

• Like 1

Hi folks. If you want to read the article that is causing steam to fly out of the ears of believers at the moment you can find it here:

https://thoughtcontrol.wordpress.com/problems-with-the-bible/how-to-perform-a-biblical-abortion/

This is purely just a commentary on what the Bible “literally” says about the value of human life, and abortion, but it’s amazing how the claws come out as soon as you mention the “A” word. I must admit I am amused by the irony; the anger expressed towards me should really be redirected at the inerrant divine Word of God. Please enjoy, and if you let out a small ironic snigger, treasure the moment.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, James23! Thanks for joining the forum, and thanks for sharing your observations and experiences with the rest of the world.

Hi Rounin,

Thanks for the welcome.

Hi everyone,

I know that many people may be distracted at the moment by other pertinent news, but I have just posted a new article on Thought Control. If you want to give it a read you can find it here:

https://thoughtcontrol.wordpress.com/the-psychology-of-faith/the-best-deal-in-town/

Enjoy.

Another great article. Thanks for posting James.

From what I've studied there are two primary factors driving religion: death and emotion. True is the saying, its all in your head!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks. If you want to read the article that is causing steam to fly out of the ears of believers at the moment you can find it here:

https://thoughtcontrol.wordpress.com/problems-with-the-bible/how-to-perform-a-biblical-abortion/

This is purely just a commentary on what the Bible “literally” says about the value of human life, and abortion, but it’s amazing how the claws come out as soon as you mention the “A” word. I must admit I am amused by the irony; the anger expressed towards me should really be redirected at the inerrant divine Word of God. Please enjoy, and if you let out a small ironic snigger, treasure the moment.

This is also a good example of the "witchcraft" used in the Bible, where these people supposedly have a direct access to The God™ and have to resort to tossing dice, mixing chemicals, having a priest look at shiny stones and so on. Even the Spirit-filled apostles had to draw lots to get a replacement for Judas. There is also the account in Genesis 30 of Jacob having sheep mate in front of striped sticks to get striped animals. Also the time when Elijah tossed a stick into water to make an ax head float. Weird shit that has nothing to do with a god.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Fuego,

The Bible is most certainly full of ancient superstitions. The entertaining, but extremely sad thing, is watching modern Christians attempt to appropriate these ideologies into a modern religious practice.

• 2 months later...

Hi folks, I apologize that it has been quite a while since I have posted a topic on Thoughtcontrol. I have been extremely busy over the Christmas period. I hope you all had a good Yuletide season. The latest article that I have written is called "Election Woes," you can find it here:

https://thoughtcontrol.wordpress.com/problems-with-the-bible/election-woes/