Goodbye Jesus

The New World Order

SkepticalDaniel

What's the opinion of the New World Order? Christian end-times proponents are crazy about this one. Is there anything to be afraid of?

• Super Moderator

There's always something to be afraid of, if that's what you want.

The end-timers have been crazy about things forever.  In recent history, we can see that credit cards, bar codes and RFID's were supposed to be the mark of the beast.  You had Harold Camping and his "prophecies" about May 21, 2011.  This has all been going on for thousands of years, and not only within christianity.

There is nothing to be afraid of in this context.  The earth keeps spinning and these predictions keep being wrong every single time.  If you are looking for something to be afraid of, there are plenty of real things to fear.  Illness, some asshole that wants to carjack you, bridge or building collapses are all things that actually happen.  Worry about them, not some 2000 year old mythology.

• Like 2

What's the opinion of the New World Order? Christian end-times proponents are crazy about this one. Is there anything to be afraid of?

Let's not discuss this on an unsecure internet connection. "They" may be watching. :)

Shit, there's a helicopter over my house now....  (garbled text)

--- END OF TRANSMISSION ---

• Like 2

There's far too much stupidity and too many cock-ups for there to be any realistic hope of a new world order

Guest Leah

Why are you asking others to tell you how to feel? You are a strong man, you and only you are in charge of your feelings.

A cabal of powerful people working together to a common goal? Of course. I think it's an inevitability. Eugenics, wars, famine, financial control... All of it. Yeah, I believe it. It just makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Actually I think a world government would be quite beneficial for humanity, as long as it is founded on secular democratic principles. We Americans might see some lowered standard of living and perhaps economic shift since this would be the ultimate form of globalization. But it would mean an end to idiotic wars, nation building, and hopefully Christianity and Islam (religions that free peoples could certainly do without). World government would perhaps ensure the survival of the human race.

Yes, there are counterarguments, and I welcome that discussion. World government would, I think, ensure the destruction of Christianity, just as Christians fear. But this would by no means be a negative for humanity.

• Super Moderator

I don't know about the benefit for humanity, but the entire planet under one government is inevitable.

Anything would be better than the shitty non-government we have now. 

• Super Moderator

And that's how the Antichrist comes to power!!!!!!!!!!

my mom was really crazy about this stuff. any change of any sort in any system, anywhere, especially if its more efficient, will have those end time nutjobs screaming about "new world order beware!" I think it speaks volumes about the desire for control that attracts a lot of people to the religion in the first place. They are terrified of change, and not knowing whats going to happen next to the point that they contrive something to be alarmed about. I think it's just a mutated offshoot of ODD. Lets call it Obsessive Alarmist Disorder.

I don't know about the benefit for humanity, but the entire planet under one government is inevitable.

I'm picturing global North Korea for some reason. I should be thinking Star Trek but no. It's North Korea all the way down
  • Like 1

Jaysus you guys! Excuse me while I praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Someday, Blood, should your prayers come true, some higher Government will tell you what to think. Until then, brother, keep wishing!

• Like 1

I'm picturing global North Korea for some reason. I should be thinking Star Trek but no. It's North Korea all the way down

I know Jeff that North Korea is going to nuke us all!! Wendytwitch.gif eek.gif

I'm ready to go - it's been an OK life........woohoo.gif

I don't know Dan, sorry I can't help.

Excuse me while I praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

I'm not unduly concerned.  Given the amount of infighting in politics, all the way from the local homeowners' association to the federal government, a single world government is IMO thousands of years away at the very least.

Go back a little ways to the days of city states, for instance.  They eventually gave way to nation states.  These have varied in size over time depending on who came to power.  And so those may well give way to something larger.  Consider that a lot of those little city-states weren't peaceful little friends prior to being unified under a national umbrella.  That's why they had walls and gates for defense from raids.

Now, I'm not saying it will be better.  It may well be worse.  It may be more intrusive.  Less privacy than even now among other things.  But perhaps it may be more stable since we won't perceive everyone who isn't within our nation as a mortal enemy.  Ask yourself if this is something to fear or not.

mwc

We already have a New World Order. It's called Amazon/Google.

• Like 1