Goodbye Jesus

Housewife Guilt

diggindiddy

First of all let me apologize, maybe my written will be a bit confused. I'm very tired.

Since I had my daughter I stopped working. I was only working part time because of a mental illness, and I wanted to be sure to have enough energy to take good care of her.

She will be one year in a week, and since she was born I have been struggling with many things like sleep depravation and post-partum depression, but there is something that I think is related to my Christian education and I was wondering is other stay-at-home mums or relatives of stay-at-home mums had any advice or experience about. It is the constant guilt of staying at home nowadays, and still not doing much around the house because either I can't either I don't want to.

Because I lack energy from sleep depravation and psychological issue, most of the time I can't cook and I can't even manage groceries shopping right. I have trouble to organise and clean-up around. Some days I do nothing except making my girl eat, sleep and play. I don't even go outside or see anyone... and I feel very guilty, because I have lot of help. I have a housekeeper who comes 3 hours each week so I don't do the weekly clean-up. My companion cooks every evening and gives our daughter her bath, her me talk a lot about my issues and support me. My mother comes 3 times a week to care of my girl so I can go to therapy, groceries shopping, paper work or just relax. My mother in law offers to help more, comes 1 morning per week to have breakfast with us so I'm not alone all mornings. Everybody tells me to stop feeling guilty and accept help, that I do enough, that I do incredible things, that I am perfect with my dauther and that it's already a big thing to be perfect with... but it doesn't help. I still feel like I don't deserve all of this. I even get money for my illness, so I'm paid to do nothing.

When I look at other families and see all the things the other women do, I feel terrible. When I was young, I had a lot of stories to read with little girt or women house heroes. They sacrificed to their families and to mean people and were so brave and so gentle that all the egoistical heathens eventually came to Jesus and turned nice. I don't believe anymore, but for some reason I feel the urge to still be that Saint Woman who never express any needs and has to be tied up by her family to get some rest. Where I live, it is not common for a woman to stay a home. It is view as a luxury and I cannot count the number of people who told be "well, good, if you can afford it" - I could tell right away that they were thinking "clearly you can afford it, I don't and I wish I could and I just hate you a little right now". It's like if a woman wants to stay at home, she is either brainwashed into being a domestic slave, too stupid to have a career, lazy or spoiled. Being housewife is kind of shameful, especially with all the help that I get... So I feel like the least I could do is do it right, and when I don't (spoiler alert : I never can), I feel guilty. When my companion takes care of our girl or cooks, I feel guilty too, even if he wants to because he believes that it is not healthy for the father is only there for the fun parenting parts - and he likes to cook. Truth is I like to cook too, so it's not only shame but also frustration. It's hard for me to see clearly in all of this emotional mess.

I have been thinking about all of this a lot, but still the guilt is still there despite all of the understanding of what I explained above. I think there is something I haven't figured out yet, and hope somebody will have some experience or thinking that will help me go further with this, because enough is enough. I am depriving myself of social contact because I feel like I don't deserve to see friends because I couldn't bake a cake and that makes me feel worthless and not good enough to have friends. This has to stop. Any piece of thinking welcome.

I think I can relate to what you are saying. My children are now in their 20s, but I remember feeling like I couldn't ever get something completely finished and get any rewarding feelings about being a stay at home mum.

It is much easier to feel like you are suceeding at something in the workplace. I went back to work when my children were quite young. Part of it was that the interest rates on the mortgage were very high and we needed the money. But the other part was the feeling of success and achievement that came from a paid workplace.

You sound like you have quite a lot on your plate with issues to work through in therapy. It also sounds like your family is supporting this process of therapy. I am not intending to offer advice, just to support you in the feelings you are having at the moment.

Stay-at-home-mom here, and my kids are in school now, so I don't even have to care for them during the day anymore. My hubby and I have talked about me going back to work many times, but we both agree that until the kids are old enough to be at home for long periods of time, it is better for me to stay home. I can easily care for them when they're sick, run them to any after school activities, help them with their homework as needed, etc. When we want to travel, only my husband has to get the days off. I'm home all summer when they are. We've never had them in childcare and only rarely used a babysitter. We are very fortunate but have worked hard to be able to do this. We live below our means so we can do this.

That said, and despite all the benefits I listed, I STILL feel sheepish whenever anyone asks what I do. I STILL find myself surrounded by working moms whenever we socialize and feel inadequate. I STILL, after 10 years as a SAHM, question whether or not I am worth anything. I rarely see women my age in stores during the day, as all the women are at work. The only SAHM friends I have are a few of my kids' friends' moms. Still, I make a point of staying after school to talk with them while my kids play and we occasionally get together for coffee.

I'm glad you are in therapy as it sounds like you are definitely suffering from depression. It also sounds like you have a very supportive family and husband, which is amazing! All I can really say to help you is to keep reminding yourself of all the benefits there are to your staying home. Make a list and post it on your mirror to see every morning. By staying home, you are taking care of your mental health and that will make you a better mom and wife. You are available to care for your daughter when she is sick. You can travel easily. Accept the love and help from your family and keep working on your mental health. Get out and find those few moms that stay at home too, and cultivate some friendships as you are able. It will get better if you work at it.

I don't even have kids, and I can't keep the house spotless and I definitely don't have it in me to cook. Now that I study, I get one cheap meal at university each day, and my live-in bf cooks 99% of all other food.

Indeed there is a Christian relative who thinks this is very wrong and that I should pamper bf instead, doing all the housework and cooking. But really in our day to day life it makes no sense. He's better at it and enjoys it, so it's no problem to him. We divide all housework like that (who does it better and enjoys it - I enjoy laundry for example, and I'm much better with car issues) and the rest we try to take turns doing (partly fails).

A close friend, a mom of a two year old and expecting her second baby, recently told me that no one, NO one, is welcome in her house unless they are ready to do ANY housework that needs to be helped with right then. That includes any and all of her relatives and really friends as well. She is a part time student but there is a stay at home dad in the house, and she still explicitly said this. I think exhausted stay at home parents are a bit of a taboo, they're supposed to be super happy and have it so easy, babies sleeping all the time or whatever... when really a lot of it is hard work.

But it's important work and it makes me happy that your baby gets to see so many adults who do their part around the house. I wish my ill, depressed mom had had that when I was a baby. Not guilt tripping you to be more thankful or any shit like that, just saying I think it's a great thing for the baby too.

Hugs!

It can be hard, people really don't see it as a real job. Just as I was reading this original post a well meaning friend of my fiancee asked if I am applying to jobs yet, or if I am still living off of my fiancees money, and if we could afford it. I babysit, but people don't see that as a real job either. I charge my friends to cut hair, take care of ,my kid 24/7, cook 3 meals a day, budget, buy everything Second hand,except underwear and shoes, and have never been to a salon. But because I do my job really well and my family looks neat, put together and happy, and we have extra money because of how much budgeting we all do, other people think I have it easy. Seriously. My fiancee brothers wife straight up admitted she had been negative toward me just out of jealousy of my life, my ability to stay home with my 2 year old, and the fact that i saw her one year old more than she did, i was babysitting for them at the time.I essentially explained that having one at home is working smarter not harder, and that I just don't complain or even mention about all I have to do, sleepless nights,constant cleaning, and a job that is NEVER DONE, because I am fulfilled with my child and I'll be damned if anyone else will ruin that for me. And that if she is resentful, she needs to stand up and advocate for the role in her life that she wants because if she feels cheated, that's exactly what's going on.*edit, just to be totally clear, all that productivity I am talking about happened after my kid was one and a half, at least. Before then, I felt exactly like you describe. Hang In there.it is ok. do for yourself and your baby first. The rest will come.*

Tell them you are working smarter, not harder. Someone has to raise your children if you want to stay home and do it yourself, all the better, you popped them out didn't you? SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT. do not let people convince you that you have to make child rearing more efficient by relying fully on the fast food of daycare and constant nannying so you can crank out more green tickets to prove your worth. These resources have their place, to be used for your own ends, not out of guilt, there is no shame in them, but these are YOUR babies. No one elses. (fast food is not meant to be a derogatory term, it's just that the daycares in my area are awful, and yet people feel compelled to use them even if they can really afford not to AND they don't want to, its like eating at a fast food joint when you would really rather make dinner at home, just because someone says making dinner at home isn't as efficient as going to macdonalds so you can spend more time at a job you don't like and I know people who do this even though they don't want or need to)

Also that exhaustion and lack of sleep and "productivity" is one hundred percent normal. It took me a full year to get up my energy to the level it was before I had my baby, also he nursed round the clock and all that prolactin makes you sleeeepyyy. It takes some women even longer to fully recover, physically and psychologically. (come on, you made a human being!) But what you are accomplishing for your child is monumental. Plus the mental exhaustion of always being aware of where they are, their breathing, every stir In the night, the hypervigilence that comes from constant natural contact a stay at home mom gets with an ever attached baby. The hyper-awareness and responsibility of protecting a helpless life from harm, especially as it becomes more and more clumsily autonomous, relentlessly exhausting. Even if your body is still, your mind races, you wake multiple times a night to check their pulse, you learn to nurse in your sleep because you just cant, get, up, one, more, time...... ok I realize I am totally nutzo, but guess what? My baby (now 2 1/2)is robustly healthy, perpetually happy, intelligent, empathetic, highly social,charming, and stress free. and fuck anyone who sees a happy baby, an happy husband, and a happy woman, a self reliant family, and feels the need to shit on that.NO ONE COULD PAY ANY SUM OF MONEY TO GET A WORKER TO DO ALL YOU DO FOR FREE. even if it's "just" taking care of the baby. And that worker would never get the same joy from it. So f.u.c.k that b.s. its your life.
And as far as going back to work...

My social anxiety or adhd, or whatever the heck is with me, (there is something, I am not normal, people tell me so) does not allow me to deal with people. Manual labor? No issue. Problem solving? No issue. Dirty gross disgusting work, no issue. Talking to people I dont know in a setting where how I act matters? issue. Depression. Panic attacks. Head spinning, can't concentrate what did the customer just say? What is that on their face, where is their accent from, shit they just repeated themselves, what was I doing? Then that next thing? I hear a bug.What did they order, what was there name, what's that sound? The phone is ringing, whe did I put them on hold? Get lost In the weave of the fabric they are wearing, I never noticed the floor tiles out here were that color, I wonder what color they are I the bathroom, why am I here, what is any of this? What is it all made of

Yeah. I tried it several times. Before I had my baby. No can do. Staying at home and being my weird self around people who I'm comfortable with is better. And my job is necessary.

This is one hundred percent not meant to disrespect mothers who want to work, and are maybe the breadwinners, etc. This is just my own personal experience. There is so much judgement. I just believe that every family should decide for themselves. Don't let anyone cheat you out of what makes you tick, especially if you are already struggling.needing help doesn't mean you aren't doing great. I didn't do anything but baby, baby, baby, for the first year. I was at my wits end. I should have probably seen a therapist, but I ended up being ok.

Shameless mommas unite!

lol had to edit this so much! I was exhausted when I wrote this

• Like 3

^ The SAHM (and quirky personality) Manifesto! Love it! You said everything I feel but couldn't put into words!

• Super Moderator

I love this:

I just believe that every family should decide for themselves. Don't let anyone cheat you out of what makes you tick

My kids are in their late 30's now, but I was a SAHM until they were both in middle school.  When I was in my own little world, I felt great but if I had to socialize with "working" moms, I always felt .... hmmmm... what's the word --  "less".   I knew it was stupid to feel that way, but I did.  Now I'm in my 60's and retired.  The stupid thing is, without working at a "paying" job, I again feel "less".  What is it that makes our value so tied to a paycheck?     smh

^ The SAHM (and quirky personality) Manifesto! Love it! You said everything I feel but couldn't put into words!

wub.png thanks daffodil! 

I love this:

I just believe that every family should decide for themselves. Don't let anyone cheat you out of what makes you tick

My kids are in their late 30's now, but I was a SAHM until they were both in middle school.  When I was in my own little world, I felt great but if I had to socialize with "working" moms, I always felt .... hmmmm... what's the word --  "less".   I knew it was stupid to feel that way, but I did.  Now I'm in my 60's and retired.  The stupid thing is, without working at a "paying" job, I again feel "less".  What is it that makes our value so tied to a paycheck?     smh

I know that feeling of feeling less! I think insecurity is a huge thing on both sides, I try to remind myself that the working moms I know that come off as, well, not snooty but, you can tell a few are feeling something they aren't saying, may be wondering if I am judging them for not spending every waking moment with their kids. I'm not, but you know what i mean? Because there is so much debate and judgement over every little thing between moms. working vs not working, instead of discussing the mutual hardships. breast vs bottle, instead of banding together to discuss the sleeplessness and crying that come with both. natural birth vs c-section, epidural, whatever, instead of saying, hey there are women out there that STILL suffer horrible disrespect and coercion and abuse during their birthing process, how can we stop this?  I think that a lot of women struggle with that feeling of not being enough. 

Oops, double post I should have put that all in one. 

An unexpected benefit I experience now that my kids are in school is volunteering. I am the youngest volunteer (and I'm not that young ;)) in the two places I have volunteered in because all the other moms are working. I find a great deal of fulfillment in that and I wouldn't be able to if working. Both places I volunteer in have a terrible time getting and keeping volunteers because retirees are the only ones available and they can't always do the job.

Thank you very much everyone for all your answers. Daffodil, I started the pros and cons list and it helped me realised something : here are my two only cons so far : "social shame" and "unrewarding job". You know what I realised ? None of this is actually my fault ! It has nothing to do with my illness nor my own limits, these are things that are the same for everybody... so indeed, there is no special reason that would make me unsuitable for it. This idea makes me feel good.

miamia, congratulations for your wonderful text. I will probably print it and put it somewhere I can read it every day. You are so right and your experience definitely is a great help to me. For instance, for some reason I thought I was especially lame for needing so many months to get it together. Sometimes I compare myself to a friend of mine and of course she has none of my issues. She works almost full time, her house is spotless (just like before, you cannot tell there's a baby in there it's almost scary), always answers yes to all of our common friend's invitations (just like before) does improv class (just like before) and still has energy to go to swimming lessons with her baby daughter every saturday morning. I feel like we are from two different species... clearly she cannot be human. She must be a robot.

I know that the thing I should do is go with the people with whom I feel good. The thing is, my oldest friends of 10-15 years, I have nothing much left in common with them. I changed a lot, discovered who I am and now around them I feel like a duck in the middle of chickens. I made new friends a few years ago, but still I have issues accepting that these old friendships are not really friendships anymore because of some kind of loyalty towards our common past and the help they gave to me. I believe I will come to it at some point.

Miamia, I really appreciated your writing about all the things that make you struggle with conversations. I can remember a lot of times when it was like that for me, my companion sometimes gets crazy trying to have a talk with me. It's not always like this, but still, socializing is exhausting for me... better save that energy to be with other ducks :)

The other day, my yoga teacher told me something really helpful too : "At the end of the day, if there is a big pile of dishes in the sink, it means your daughter ate. If there is toys everywhere, that means your daughter played. Even when you do nothing else, you take care of her and that is a big thing."

Do you sometimes feel that women have a greater tendency to shame than men ? Clearly, religion did not helped in this matter. After all, we are supposed to be responsible for all the evil in the world, not less zDuivel2.gif All around me I see men trying to do good, but it is mostly women who try to do perfect. Where does that come from ? Do we have that in us or was it induced by external factors like patriarchy or abrahamic religions ?

XXX

DD

PS : men's advice also welcome :)

• Like 3

I'm glad you feel better :) and yes, one of the biggest parts of really growing up for me was doing just what you described. saving my energy to be with other ducks.

Yes, I do think women have a greater susceptibility to shame than men. I don't know quite how it starts, but I know that men never seem to feel shame if their homes are a mess or they're not spending much time with their kids or their weight creeps up. I suppose maybe they do if they can't afford a nicer car or something, but I really can't think of anything men feel shame over. I think there is just so much external pressure on women - magazines showing impossible (and thoroughly photoshopped) physical ideals of womanhood, the message that a woman should have a career and yet still bake cookies for the school bake sale, take the kids to soccer, cook a full dinner, have the same body she had at 20 despite birthing 3 babies, and be sexually ready and willing when daddy gets home - WTF!?

It's unfair and I don't know exactly where to put the blame because in some ways we do it to ourselves, but yes, we are definitely more susceptible to shame.

Yes, I do think women have a greater susceptibility to shame than men. I don't know quite how it starts, but I know that men never seem to feel shame if their homes are a mess or they're not spending much time with their kids or their weight creeps up. I suppose maybe they do if they can't afford a nicer car or something, but I really can't think of anything men feel shame over. I think there is just so much external pressure on women - magazines showing impossible (and thoroughly photoshopped) physical ideals of womanhood, the message that a woman should have a career and yet still bake cookies for the school bake sale, take the kids to soccer, cook a full dinner, have the same body she had at 20 despite birthing 3 babies, and be sexually ready and willing when daddy gets home - WTF!?

It's unfair and I don't know exactly where to put the blame because in some ways we do it to ourselves, but yes, we are definitely more susceptible to shame.

What I remember from a book written by a psychanalyst is that when a child suffered from something while being told that it is for its own good, when the child will be a parent he will repeat the story on his own children to avoid his own suffer. If you do not perpetuate your own history on the next generation, it is an implicit confession that what was done to you was not good (if it was good, you would to it to your children too). As long as you keep telling yourself "it was for my own good and I turned out fine", you can say it to your children too and you can block the bad memories. This is why abuses are so likely to be repeated within the same family.

(Sorry for the theory, here comes the link with the current discussion :) )

So if we go back in history, assuming at some point some girls were crushed by the social pressure and urged to be sooooo perfect (for their own good, of course, because we don't want them to be left husbandless, how sad), these now growned-up women could tend to put the pressure on their daughters, officially for their daugther's good but really not to remember their own suffer. That's how women started to shit on each other, I think...

XXX

DD

First of all let me apologize, maybe my written will be a bit confused. I'm very tired.

Since I had my daughter I stopped working. I was only working part time because of a mental illness, and I wanted to be sure to have enough energy to take good care of her.

She will be one year in a week, and since she was born I have been struggling with many things like sleep depravation and post-partum depression, but there is something that I think is related to my Christian education and I was wondering is other stay-at-home mums or relatives of stay-at-home mums had any advice or experience about. It is the constant guilt of staying at home nowadays, and still not doing much around the house because either I can't either I don't want to.

Because I lack energy from sleep depravation and psychological issue, most of the time I can't cook and I can't even manage groceries shopping right. I have trouble to organise and clean-up around. Some days I do nothing except making my girl eat, sleep and play. I don't even go outside or see anyone... and I feel very guilty, because I have lot of help. I have a housekeeper who comes 3 hours each week so I don't do the weekly clean-up. My companion cooks every evening and gives our daughter her bath, her me talk a lot about my issues and support me. My mother comes 3 times a week to care of my girl so I can go to therapy, groceries shopping, paper work or just relax. My mother in law offers to help more, comes 1 morning per week to have breakfast with us so I'm not alone all mornings. Everybody tells me to stop feeling guilty and accept help, that I do enough, that I do incredible things, that I am perfect with my dauther and that it's already a big thing to be perfect with... but it doesn't help. I still feel like I don't deserve all of this. I even get money for my illness, so I'm paid to do nothing.

When I look at other families and see all the things the other women do, I feel terrible. When I was young, I had a lot of stories to read with little girt or women house heroes. They sacrificed to their families and to mean people and were so brave and so gentle that all the egoistical heathens eventually came to Jesus and turned nice. I don't believe anymore, but for some reason I feel the urge to still be that Saint Woman who never express any needs and has to be tied up by her family to get some rest. Where I live, it is not common for a woman to stay a home. It is view as a luxury and I cannot count the number of people who told be "well, good, if you can afford it" - I could tell right away that they were thinking "clearly you can afford it, I don't and I wish I could and I just hate you a little right now". It's like if a woman wants to stay at home, she is either brainwashed into being a domestic slave, too stupid to have a career, lazy or spoiled. Being housewife is kind of shameful, especially with all the help that I get... So I feel like the least I could do is do it right, and when I don't (spoiler alert : I never can), I feel guilty. When my companion takes care of our girl or cooks, I feel guilty too, even if he wants to because he believes that it is not healthy for the father is only there for the fun parenting parts - and he likes to cook. Truth is I like to cook too, so it's not only shame but also frustration. It's hard for me to see clearly in all of this emotional mess.

I have been thinking about all of this a lot, but still the guilt is still there despite all of the understanding of what I explained above. I think there is something I haven't figured out yet, and hope somebody will have some experience or thinking that will help me go further with this, because enough is enough. I am depriving myself of social contact because I feel like I don't deserve to see friends because I couldn't bake a cake and that makes me feel worthless and not good enough to have friends. This has to stop. Any piece of thinking welcome.

It's a conscience problem, be conscientious without putting a spin on your inner thoughts. What you feel is what you feel, nothing less and nothing more.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much everyone for all your answers. Daffodil, I started the pros and cons list and it helped me realised something : here are my two only cons so far : "social shame" and "unrewarding job". You know what I realised ? None of this is actually my fault ! It has nothing to do with my illness nor my own limits, these are things that are the same for everybody... so indeed, there is no special reason that would make me unsuitable for it. This idea makes me feel good.

miamia, congratulations for your wonderful text. I will probably print it and put it somewhere I can read it every day. You are so right and your experience definitely is a great help to me. For instance, for some reason I thought I was especially lame for needing so many months to get it together. Sometimes I compare myself to a friend of mine and of course she has none of my issues. She works almost full time, her house is spotless (just like before, you cannot tell there's a baby in there it's almost scary), always answers yes to all of our common friend's invitations (just like before) does improv class (just like before) and still has energy to go to swimming lessons with her baby daughter every saturday morning. I feel like we are from two different species... clearly she cannot be human. She must be a robot.

I know that the thing I should do is go with the people with whom I feel good. The thing is, my oldest friends of 10-15 years, I have nothing much left in common with them. I changed a lot, discovered who I am and now around them I feel like a duck in the middle of chickens. I made new friends a few years ago, but still I have issues accepting that these old friendships are not really friendships anymore because of some kind of loyalty towards our common past and the help they gave to me. I believe I will come to it at some point.

Miamia, I really appreciated your writing about all the things that make you struggle with conversations. I can remember a lot of times when it was like that for me, my companion sometimes gets crazy trying to have a talk with me. It's not always like this, but still, socializing is exhausting for me... better save that energy to be with other ducks smile.png

The other day, my yoga teacher told me something really helpful too : "At the end of the day, if there is a big pile of dishes in the sink, it means your daughter ate. If there is toys everywhere, that means your daughter played. Even when you do nothing else, you take care of her and that is a big thing."

Do you sometimes feel that women have a greater tendency to shame than men ? Clearly, religion did not helped in this matter. After all, we are supposed to be responsible for all the evil in the world, not less zDuivel2.gif All around me I see men trying to do good, but it is mostly women who try to do perfect. Where does that come from ? Do we have that in us or was it induced by external factors like patriarchy or abrahamic religions ?

XXX

DD

PS : men's advice also welcome smile.png

Oh I'm sure it has everything to do with the patriarchy touted by abrahamic religions. Any time I complained about how women are treated when I was younger I was met with "Well Eve shouldn't have eaten that apple" and that was it.  Of course, being like 4, I internalized it and went above and beyond to prove that women weren't scum.  Spoiler alert: You cannot convince a True Christian that women are not scum.

It wasn't until I entered public high school (shitty little hellhole christian elementary brainwash survivor here) that I was able to ease up on that, mainly because for the first time I met males who actually had compassion for women and owned up to the terrible things men have done to women over the years.  Not necessarily accepted responsibility, but accepted that there is severe injustice in the world rather than trying to diminish or dismiss the issue.  Even now I struggle with intimacy as I was raised in the mindset of "a woman must be completely subsumed by her husband, must give up her identity to be his slave" and I fear that most men agree with this mindset.  That's not to say I haven't met decent men, but I spent 17 years surrounded by males that were absolute scum and women who silently accepted abuse because through some fucked up misogynistic logic they "deserve it."  I'm 24 now and seven years can only undo so much damage, so I frequently find myself in ptsd-esque "episodes" where I can't stop crying, screaming, entertaining intrusive thoughts of violent imagery and/or suicide.

Abrahamic religions are hate groups, plain and simple.

Four little words jumped out at me years ago when I was still a Christian as I read that passage about Eve and the apple: Adam "who was with her". HE WAS WITH HER WHEN SHE ATE THE DAMN APPLE! And I remember what they would say, too. Yes, but SHE ate it, not him. (Where is my "smack my head" emoji)

I'm pretty sure the bible was written 100% by males. Genesis is just a made-up story to explain to women that they are inferior to men and they should suffer in silence because all evil in the world is up to them. I used to believe the main purpose of Genesis was to tell the story of how God created the earth, but it really is about that. God created all animals male and female together, except from Eve who was created after Adam... for some reason. Again, all other animals created together, BY God, except for Eve who is created from Adam's rib. Aka : Women are sub-products of men and cannot exist without them. The snake tempted her and she succumb. Aka : Women are weak. She gave fruit to Adam and he ate it too. Aka : Women are dangerous and will make men fall with them because of their weaknesses. God punishes them by making them leave Eden and from now on, men will have to work their ass out to eat and women will suffer like hell to bear children and will be dominated by their husbands. Aka : please spit in my face everyday before you go to work, honey, it is my fault you have to because of the natural weakness my womb induces into my brain !

• Like 1