Goodbye Jesus

Omg! The Boring Post Thread Got Padlocked!

duderonomy

I was using and counting on that thread as a way to chronicle my toenail clippings, and now it's over, and there were people helping on that thread and giving me advice about my toenails and everything!

Mods: Feel free to move this to the Rants and Replies section if you want.

Just start a new one.

Hey, since I have you "alone" ;), I assume that's you with the guitar in your avatar, right? Are you in a band?

Not flirting, I swear, just curious!

Hey, since I have you "alone" wink.png, I assume that's you with the guitar in your avatar, right? Are you in a band?

Yeah, that's me with the guitar, and no. Why do you ask? Can you sing and play bass?  

Not flirting, I swear, just curious!

I know baby. I know.

I.... Oh uh sorry, didn't mean to disturb you two. Carry on! ;)

• Like 2

Hey, since I have you "alone" ;), I assume that's you with the guitar in your avatar, right? Are you in a band?

Yeah, that's me with the guitar, and no. Why do you ask? Can you sing and play bass?

Can carry a tune and used to play the cello, does that work? There's a guy playing behind you so thought it was a band.

I.... Oh uh sorry, didn't mean to disturb you two. Carry on! wink.png

No Yunea! You're welcome here. Jump in sweetie!

Hey, since I have you "alone" wink.png, I assume that's you with the guitar in your avatar, right? Are you in a band?

Can carry a tune and used to play the cello, does that work? There's a guy playing behind you so thought it was a band.

Cello and Stratocaster? Works for me. Belt it out, honey!

Just curious about people's avatars. I looked for daffodils but couldn't find one I liked. Baby orangutans are ridiculously cute, so went with that. How are we doing creating a new boring thread? You like? I could tell you what I'm planning for breakfast tomorrow (oatmeal)?

Just curious about people's avatars. I looked for daffodils but couldn't find one I liked. Baby orangutans are ridiculously cute, so went with that. How are we doing creating a new boring thread? You like? I could tell you what I'm planning for breakfast tomorrow (oatmeal)?

Actually, your avatar has grown on me since the days when a couple of us mistook you for Deidre or that other lady with the red-headed grandma.

We aren't doing so good at being boring, Daffy. Even Yunea could see that!

Anyway, put your bow to the bass and my Stratocaster will play the highs. You sing it.

I.... Oh uh sorry, didn't mean to disturb you two. Carry on! wink.png

No Yunea! You're welcome here. Jump in sweetie!

Ok! yellow.gif

So you two are starting a band now? Who's your songwriter?

BTW, it just now came to mind that I happen to have re-written a few song lyrics to be about snails. Now that I think of it, they'd sound great performed with a cello and a Stratocaster. Just... thought I'd mention it. 

Did I mention I've always wanted to use this: smileybreasts.gif

But when IS the right occasion to? Help!

So you two are starting a band now? Who's your songwriter?

I'll be the songwriter! yellow.gif When I was in the Blues Band (Goodnews Blues) I took all kinds of secular blues songs and turned them into worship songs...like ''I Shot the Sheriff'' ''.... I Got the Spirit! I can sing and dance a little too!!

Let me in this band!! woohoo.gif

Fwee can be the constructor when he's not on his bike.....sing_99.gif

P.S. When a thread gets locked and you want it opened again, just ask one of us and we'll open it. They get locked after people stop responding to the threads.

• Super Moderator

In the interest of keeping tabs on Dude's grooming habits, I unlocked the thread   I can't believe nobody posted on that thread in 30 days!.  Come on people, share your boring details!   And Dude, please, for the sake of all humanity --- and this thread --- clip your toenails at least once a month, okay!?!  tongue.png  wicked.gif tongue.png

Wow, thanks for unlocking the Boring Post Thread! Now I can get back to building my personal toenail clipping database. I don't have quite enough information yet to start a blog about it, so I appreciate Ex-C letting me use their platform like this.

So we have a band? It looks like Daffy on cello, me on guitar, Yunea and Margee as songwriters (Lennon and McCartney part two here we come!), and all of us singing!

I know there are other musicians here. This could be a real thing! We'll need a place to practice, so we'll have to decide first on which country we'll be in.

Oh, and what to call ourselves, any ideas? I was thinking of "The Posters", but I'm sure there are better names than that!  

I know I answered this, but I thought I'd clear it up.

Technically, I am in a 'band' with the guy in the picture. We're called "The Attitudes". He lives on the other side of the state from me and makes his way over with his wife every couple of months so we can drink a beer, set up our equipment, drink a beer, pretend we are the Rolling Stones for a while, drink a beer, talk for awhile while we drink a beer and then play some more music before we take a break to drink a beer. But we haven't played a gig since 1989, so that's why I answered no, I'm not in a band.  I've been in a lot of bands and played solo since '89, but I'm not currently doing anything, so again, no.

Exciting stuff, huh?  biggrin.png

Well so far it's one guy and three women so, Dude and the Chicks? Nah, that gives you top billing. The Ex-C's?

Grumpy Old Farts? Disgruntled Postal Workers? The Misfits? (Wait, that one's already been used, hasn't it?) Minor Inconvenience?

Well so far it's one guy and three women so, Dude and the Chicks? Nah, that gives you top billing. The Ex-C's?

I don't need to be on top, Daffy. This band wouldn't be about me, it would be about the music, so The Chicks and Dude would be just fine, honest. 

So you'd rather the ladies were on top? ;)

Grumpy Old Farts? Disgruntled Postal Workers? The Misfits? (Wait, that one's already been used, hasn't it?) Minor Inconvenience?

I think the Ex-C's might be a bit limiting, GOF is pathetic (The guy in the background in my avatar left a band last year called the FOG band. One time I asked him if that stood for anything or do they smoke a lot of pot or what? and he said it stands for 'Four Old Guys'). Yawner!

Disgruntled Postal Workers has a ring, but the initials are DPW, and who the hell wants to pay to hear their department of public works people belting out "Sweet Snail-o-Mine"? 

Yeah, the Misfits or The Misfits has been used. 

Minor Inconvenience?  Not at our ticket prices, but maybe.

Hmm, I agree. Where's yunea and Margee? We need more ideas.

Are we going to play small clubs or get a promoter and try to land some bigger venues (listen to me try to talk "business" like I know something! ???? )

Here I am!

Perhaps we could get Youtube attention first. Justin Bieber did and see where he's now!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.