Goodbye Jesus

De-Conversion Story, Part 4: More About The Ifb

SkepticalDaniel

I know, that Part 3 of my story was a little bit short, so I think I need to explain a little bit more in greater detail about what the IFB actually preaches in this part so that the people who read this can get a better understanding about what I went through. To illustrate, here's a collection of IFB sermons, which years ago, severely traumatized me.

CAUTION: This video goes into descriptions of violence towards children. If your background involves child abuse, please don't watch!

I hope this post can give more insight into exactly just what the IFB preaches, because I believe it's not enough just to tell people what they preach, I need to SHOW people what they preach if there's ever going to be any help.

Thanks for those.  I didn't watch both all the way through, but I saw enough to conclude that the IFB is something you should stay away from.  Indeed, no one should promote or adhere to such unhealthy nonsense.

Bring this up with your secular therapist.  You have gotten one, right?

• Like 1

Thanks for those.  I didn't watch both all the way through, but I saw enough to conclude that the IFB is something you should stay away from.  Indeed, no one should promote or adhere to such unhealthy nonsense.

Yes, oh yes. The guy in the second video, Danny Castle, that man was the worst of them. He's notorious for showing graphic images in his sermons. For example, in his sermons about hell, he's shown pictures of volcanoes erupting, mentioned the fact that the Earth is molten underneath, as well as pictures of people being burned alive. Furthermore, he's also shown pictures of mutilated children. He, by far has caused the most damage. In fact, I'm afraid of this man, very afraid. There's just something about him that terrifies me, even to this day.

Yes, oh yes. The guy in the second video, Danny Castle, that man was the worst of them. He's notorious for showing graphic images in his sermons. For example, in his sermons about hell, he's shown pictures of volcanoes erupting, mentioned the fact that the Earth is molten underneath, as well as pictures of people being burned alive. Furthermore, he's also shown pictures of mutilated children. He, by far has caused the most damage. In fact, I'm afraid of this man, very afraid. There's just something about him that terrifies me, even to this day.

Yes, I do. I totally need to show him, it, because I simply can't go on living with this terror. In fact, Castle has been causing me to have nightmares.

The first one has not evolved past the Neanderthal stage and the second, having no acting or musical talent of his own, cannot resist displaying his envy of those who do.

Casey

Makes me thankful I don't live in the South.  Heh.

Paranoid and narcissitic.  Actually, the "preaching" (I prefer to call it "noise") was so over the top and campy that it makes, for me, very bad comedy.  I laughed a few times while watching because it was so ridiculous.  Minaj and spirits.  RIIIGHT.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a small world.  I know Danny Castle very well.  I lived about 45 miles from him.  My church would have him every year for revival.  I guess you could say Danny and I were friends.  We used to talk on the phone and discuss bible doctrine.  They ran him off from his previous church for having multiple affairs with women in the church, including one girl who was a high school student at their christian school.  

• Like 1

These are the 'voices' of Pentecostal that I listened to for soooo long. I was completely convinced of the topic the loud mouthed preacher was preaching. (and terrified) 

I got so many 'clips' on the side of the head from opening my mouth (or trying to reason about something) and 'the belt' (for laughing at something innocent) from my dad and called 'dummy' for not being able to catch on to something he was trying to teach me, no fucking wonder we listen to these guys. They terrify us!  And no wonder the christian god resembled them (and the preachers)... so we ended up being  terrified of the ones who were supposed to love us more than anything on this earth. Using fear is just so wrong. Keep going hon. Keep posting and get all this bullshit out of you!!

I give you the biggest (hug) cause I know how hard it is to get past all of this.

It's a small world. I know Danny Castle very well. I lived about 45 miles from him. My church would have him every year for revival. I guess you could say Danny and I were friends. We used to talk on the phone and discuss bible doctrine. They ran him off from his previous church for having multiple affairs with women in the church, including one girl who was a high school student at their christian school.

Oh my! Well, I'm not surprised. Sexual misconduct isn't that uncommon in the IFB.

These are the 'voices' of Pentecostal that I listened to for soooo long. I was completely convinced of the topic the loud mouthed preacher was preaching. (and terrified)

I got so many 'clips' on the side of the head from opening my mouth (or trying to reason about something) and 'the belt' (for laughing at something innocent) from my dad and called 'dummy' for not being able to catch on to something he was trying to teach me, no fucking wonder we listen to these guys. They terrify us! And no wonder the christian god resembled them (and the preachers)... so we ended up being terrified of the ones who were supposed to love us more than anything on this earth. Using fear is just so wrong. Keep going hon. Keep posting and get all this bullshit out of you!!

I give you the biggest (hug) cause I know how hard it is to get past all of this.

Oh, thank you, Margee! I know it's hard, but I'm getting better. I've even blocked all the IFB sites on my computer with a web filter.

• Like 1