Goodbye Jesus

"testimonials"

quinntar

IronHorse, in regards to false teachers, how do we know that Paul was not a false teacher?

• Like 1

No. No. The scripture lied not. Oops which statement should I beleive????

Actually, I don't think the NT is at all clear about "Once saved, always saved". I guess I'll let Christians worry about that. They always do.

True Christians™ "know" the answer(s), according to them.  Just ask the appropriate question and they'll be glad to spit out their rehearsed pablum.

IronHorse, in regards to false teachers, how do we know that Paul was not a false teacher?

By faith we accept that Paul spoke from God. And Paul tells us that more than 500 people saw the risen Christ. So based on that testimony, we believe. And because we believe, we accept by faith the word of the apostle about the risen Christ.

It's circles all the way down.

Too bad the circles don't map with real life.

By faith we accept that Paul spoke from God. And Paul tells us that more than 500 people saw the risen Christ. So based on that testimony, we believe. And because we believe, we accept by faith the word of the apostle about the risen Christ.

It's circles all the way down.

Too bad the circles don't map with real life.

Paul was talking about the Christ of his visions. He never indicates that Cephas, James, and John had any greater authority than himself, nor that they knew Christ any differently than he did, through visions. And did Paul even exist, or was he a creation of Marcion, or one his scribes?

• 2 weeks later...

Paul received his education at the school of Gamaliel. He is one of the most noted rabbis in history. Paul was also schooled there in classical literature, philosophy, and ethics.

He was a smart guy and a strict follower of Jewish law and customs. Before his conversion he was helping to arrest believers and have them stoned to death.

Once converted, he railed against and warned about false teachers who were corrupting the early church and preaching a false gospel.He was just the guy to do it.

Even though Peter and a few others had a hard time accepting it, they finally agreed with him that the Gospel, according to the scriptures and Christ, was not only for the Jews but for all people.