Goodbye Jesus

To Our Guests

qadeshet

7 members, 45 guests, 1 anonymous users

Hello to our welcome Guests. Good morning!

I always try to imagine what question brought you here. Christianity, in fact all Religions, want to control and subjugate you; and of course, they also want your money! Remember, you are supposed to submit to the Authority of the Church! Only 8% of your donations go to help others in need. What do they do with the rest of it? Ask more questions, and join us.

Please enjoy your stay with us!

Good morning beautiful guests!

Did you know that you are actually an atheist to many other religions? That's right! If you had been born, bred and brought up in another religion in different country, you would actually be an atheist against Christianity. You believe that Christianity is the 'right' religion because that is what you were taught.

Something to think about today. Come and join us and we can discuss this!!

((hugs)) to you all

9 members, 95 guests, 1 anonymous users

Wow, we have so many new frends to greet. Thanks for visiting!

Wasn't Margee profound? We are here to try and answer your questions, so why not join? We don't bite. Cheers!

Did you know that you are actually an atheist to many other religions? That's right! If you had been born, bred and brought up in another religion in different country, you would actually be an atheist against Christianity. You believe that Christianity is the 'right' religion because that is what you were taught.

((hugs)) to you all

Great post Margee. Would you like to know what "Eve" actually represents?

Huggs!

• Like 1

9 members, 95 guests, 1 anonymous users

Wow, we have so many new frends to greet. Thanks for visiting!

Wasn't Margee profound? We are here to try and answer your questions, so why not join? We don't bite. Cheers!

((hugs)) to you all

Great post Margee. Would you like to know what "Eve" actually represents?

Huggs!

Trust me..I am not profound in any way but thank you! yellow.gif I learned everything I know today because of this website. It was Ex-c that taught me how to see the bible that I doubted more clearly. That's why I encourage, as you do for the guests to join!!

And what does 'Eve' mean Mr. qade? Because I am known around here to be 'Madame Eve!!! I hope it's something good!! Wendytwitch.gif

I just wanted to say to the 44 guests that are currently on ex-c that we know that our reasoned arguments can't convince you of anything - otherwise we wouldn't need this site! ;) It's not us that have to 'convince' or argue you into unbelief, it's only you who can do that. And trust me, we know how scary it is to take that first tentative step by typing the words into a Google search that probably landed you here.

Right now many of you might be in a stage of shock - how can people like us seriously exist?! How can honest, loving, caring individuals really think the Christian God isn't real?! How can honest Christians become whatever we are?!

Those are good questions. Keep asking them. No one else has to know. Your mind is yours alone.

As a former Calvinist myself, I know quite a bit about questions and complicated theology. My first question was during catechism class as a young boy - wondering if the Catholic boy down the street was learning about how wrong my religion was, just as I was learning how wrong his was. It took me another 25 years to finally ask the really tough questions and more importantly follow the really tough answers.

Life is scary when we don't know things. Church and pastors and parents tell us things that make us feel good - why upset that cart right? Trust me. I understand. I'm not going to give you any big philosophical reasons why Christianity is wrong or why you should reconsider your faith. I'm simply going to tell you that there are many of us former believers here and all over the world who have discovered that there is light at the end of the darkness that is indoctrination. There is true and real freedom waiting for you if you choose to make that courageous step.

Freedom is never free. It is a long, hard journey to deprogram yourself but it is the most enlightening, empowering and amazing journey you can partake in! And the best part? It doesn't cost much and you can do it without anyone else telling you how or what to believe. You can do it secretly or publicly. All you need is Google and an open mind.

Enjoy the ride! :)

• Like 2

6 members, 55 guests

Welcome valued Guests, and all Questioners!

Here is my question from anther Thread.

Will someone give me one single thing that mosquitos do to help Man in any way? If some "god" created the World, just for us, then why provide us with these nasty creatures?

Join us and help answer these interresting questions. Cheers!

Will someone give me one single thing that mosquitos do to help Man in any way? If some "god" created the World, just for us, then why provide us with these nasty creatures?

qadeshet, I just want to show our 47 precious guests who are reading right now, how much fun we have on Ex-C!! yellow.gif

C'mon guys and gals, join us....we don't 'bite'!!

Funny63.jpg

9 members, 45 guests

Our welcome to our 45 Guests!

When you look at Margee's nice pic below, have you wondered why "god' couldn't have done something useful with the mosquito? Suppose that mosquito's, instead of spreading terrible diseases, injected us with vitamins instead? Could "god" not think of something so simple? I did. It would seem that Evolution must have a "hand" in this.

Would you like more answers than the Churches want you to have? Come on in. Cheers!

qadeshet, I just want to show our 47 precious guests who are reading right now, how much fun we have on Ex-C!! yellow.gif

Funny63.jpg

Thamks Margee. Cheers!

• Like 1

8 members, 45 guests

Welcome honored Guests.

Thanks to friend florduh for this thought:

So either Noah took all the created deadly bacteria on the boat or they were created later. Does the theology of our resident Christians allow for a second creation or was everything created in the first week like it says in Genesis? Would bacteria also get on the boat two by two? Why?

Why did Noah let in all the bacteria and viruses? Would you rather blame "god" or Evolution?

Cheers!

9 members, 45 guests

Our welcome to our 45 Guests!

When you look at Margee's nice pic below, have you wondered why "god' couldn't have done something useful with the mosquito? Suppose that mosquito's, instead of spreading terrible diseases, injected us with vitamins instead? Could "god" not think of something so simple? I did. It would seem that Evolution must have a "hand" in this.

Would you like more answers than the Churches want you to have? Come on in. Cheers!

Funny63.jpg

Thamks Margee. Cheers!

8 members, 52 guests, 2 anonymous users

Welcome everyone!

Really:

All Roads lead to Ancient Sumer.

Please enjoy your stay. Join us and have a nice conversation. Cheers!

3 members, 65 guests, 1 anonymous users

A friendly welcome to our Guests! We hope that you enjoy your stay. Please feel free to join us. We'll be happy to try and answer your questions.

Thanks for stopping by. Cheers!

Know Thyself

5 members, 63 guests, 2 anonymous users

This is for our welcome Guests. Thanks again for stopping by. You may as well join; you know you have questions. Cheers!

Steppenwolf: America

Once the religious, the hunted and weary
Chasing the promise of freedom and hope
Came to this country to build a new vision
Far from the reaches of kingdom and pope
Like good Christians, some would burn the witches
Later some got slaves to gather riches

But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands to court the wild
And she just patiently smiled and bore a child
To be their spirit and guiding light

And once the ties with the crown had been broken
Westward in saddle and wagon it went
And 'til the railroad linked ocean to ocean
Many the lives which had come to an end
While we bullied, stole and bought our homeland
We began the slaughter of the red man

But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands to court the wild
And she just patiently smiled and bore a child
To be their spirit and guiding light

The blue and gray they stomped it
They kicked it just like a dog
And when the war was over
They stuffed it just like a hog

And though the past has it's share of injustice
Kind was the spirit in many a way
But it's protectors and friends have been sleeping
Now it's a monster and will not obey

The spirit was freedom and justice
And it's keepers seem generous and kind
It's leaders were supposed to serve the country
But now they won't pay it no mind
'Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
And now their vote is a meaningless joke

They babble about law and order
But it's all just an echo of what they've been told
Yeah, there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watchin'

The cities have turned into jungles
And corruption is stranglin' the land
The police force is watching the people
And the people just can't understand
We don't know how to mind our own business
'Cause the whole world's got to be just like us

Now we are fighting a war over there
No matter who's the winner
We can't pay the cost

'Cause there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into the noose
And it just sits there watching

America where are you now?
Don't you care about your sons and daughters?
Don't you know we need you now?
We can't fight alone against the monster

You will love the Video. Thanks!

5 members, 63 guests, 2 anonymous users

Greetings honored Guests! You know that you belong with Free Thinkers... so join us.

I Googled my earlier thought and could find no other mention of it. I really like it as a closing. Later!

The only thing you can take with you when you die? The legacy of an Honorable Life, lived well.

8 members, 49 guests, 1 anonymous users

Welcome everyone! Here's something from Christopher Hitchens:

www.hitchmas.com

Never be a spectator of unfairness and stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

—Christopher Hitchens

I'm not that keen on the idea of being unconscious. There's plenty of time to be unconscious coming up.

—Christopher Hitchens

Know Thyself!

5 members, 51 guests

Hello valued Guests!

We have helpfull, non judgemental answers to many of your questions. If your Church gives you stupid excuses when you ask questions, you're not alone.

The Book of Life, written before the Foundation of the World, is found in the Book of Revelation. According to the Bible, if your name is missing, tough s**t. You get tossed into the Lake of Fire. How did god know that you were going to be born before the World was made? Are you sure that you were Predestined for Heaven? Ask a Calvinist. You may be "lost" tomorrow. Maybe the Bible god is not such a nice guy after all"?  Come on in! Thanks for visiting. Cheers!

61304.jpg?w=620

10 members, 35 guests, 1 anonymous users

Hello dear Guests. Welcome! Voice found this informative video. Maybe this will help. Thanks.

How Can I Effectively Get Over My Fear Of Hell?

A must see article, a bishop discussing why the church invented hell. He's right on.

https://www.facebook...21301857884348/

Know Thyself!

1 members, 30 guests

Welcome fellow travellers on the ship of Life!

I guess that I have the stage today. It seems that everyone else is sleeping. I just posted to the "Did Jesus Exist" Thread. Check it out if you like. Today I have added a second Maxim. If you do only there two things, you'll be fine. Joining is free, so why wait? Cheers!

Know Thyself

Be Temperate

4 members, 43 guests, 1 anonymous users

Good morning welcome Guests!

I found an old Post from '12. I doubt anyone will go back that far so...

Does St Peter guard the Pearly Gates to keep people out, or to keep people in?

Just in case it might amuse you. Thanks again for joining us!

Know Thyself!

Be Temperate!

A friendly welcome to our Guests!

bornagainatheist has inspired me to show you that the Universe is Billions of years old. I think that it would be better to Know than just take Science's word for it. This won't take long, so why not?

The Universe; pretty big huh?

cropped-Main-Header.jpg

The speed of light is constant; 186,000 miles per second. Sounds pretty fast to me too. But once the sunlight leaves the Sun it actually takes about 8 min. Once the sunlight bounces off the Moon, it still takes about a second and a half to reach Earth. The distance that the Sun travels in one year is called a Light Year. A Light Year is actually the distance that light travels in one year. The closest Star is a double Star; Alpha Centauri A and B. the distance is 4.3 Light Years. So the light took 4.3 years to reach the Earth. Polaris, the North Star, is 433 Light Years(133 Parsecs) away. So it took that light 433 years to reach the Earth. Our Milky Way Galaxy contains over 200 Billion Stars. This sounds like a lot, but our neighbor Galaxy, Andromeda, is 2.5 Million Light Years away! This means that the Universe must be a least 2.5 Million years old. Are you following? The Universe contains at least hundreds of Millions of Galaxies!

See the Hubble Deep Field photo below? This picture was taken over a long period of time; because these Galaxies are so far away. The farthest Galaxy, far, far, away, is is shown below.

http://www.space.com/18502-farthest-galaxy-discovery-hubble-photos.html

The galaxy is about 13.3 billion light-years from Earth, the farthest galaxy yet known, and formed 420 million years after the Big Bang. Image taken by Hubble Space Telescope on Nov. 29, 2011, and released Nov. 15, 2012

Galaxies Far, Far, away

farthest-galaxy-universe-macsj0647.jpg?i

It took at least 13.2 Billion years to reach the Earth! If the Universe were 10,000 years old, we wouldn't be able to see farther than 10,000 Light Years! The night sky would be pretty dark. The Universe must be even older, right? The estimated age of the Universe is about 13.77 Billion years old...Billions and Billions and Billions of years. Now do you see that Science is pretty nice, right? I'm no scientist, just a regular guy. Don't believe those nutty Creationists!

Hope that you enjoyed the Trip. Thank you for coming to visit us. Recommend us to your friends. We are here, after all, for you!

Know Thyself!

Hubble Deep Field

690951main_hs-2009-31-a-xlarge_web.jpg

6 members, 42 guests,

Hello to all, and welcome! You may know, honored Guests, that Members are usually outnumbered. We are here for everyone. But I always have you, the Guests, in mind when I post. I try to think of the questions I would like the answer to. But why not just become a Member...then you can ask us directly. There's no charge, just a few ads. Christians, doubters, we don't mind. We even have a special area for debate, if you wish. Welcome.

Carl Sagan, of course:

“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

Really, stay a while.

Know Thyself!

9 members, 44 guests

Greetings Honored Guests! Welcome. We don't turn away strangers seeking knowledge. Join us.

Here is a nice quote:

Joseph Campbell, Mythographer

“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.”
Joseph Campbell

Know Thyself!

Perceive what you have heard!

2 members, 47 guests, 1 anonymous users

Know Yourself. Members and Guests, friends and family, and welcome to our special Guests.

What is the difference between Science and Religion? Religion tells us we have to believe without evidence, do whatever they tell us, and give them lots of our time and Dinero. If something works, it's called Science. We never needed Religion except to control the masses. All we really need to do is to know our selves. And how to you contact your Self? Know Yourself! There is nothing mysterious or Religious about those two words. Science works, whether you believe it or not! Start your next conversation, especially someone that your don't know, with "Know Yourself".

Remember the 23rd Psalm? I'm not going to even quote from this degrading story, even though they are beautifully written. Damn guys, Religion wants us to be Sheep, not people! Besides, it's your Church that wants obedient sheeple and slaves. What if everyone knew that they don't even need Religion? Remember John Lennon's great song; "Imagine"? I'm going to go ahead and post the lirics, because I want this too.

Imagine lyrics

"Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

I want to join John Lennon; ...and no Religion too. Please...

Know Yourself.

Thank you Mr Lennon!

8 members, 48 guests, 1 anonymous users

Know Yourself!

Hello Members and Guests, and Welcome!

I hope that you find what you need; But why not join and ask questions!

Just call me Gilligan. Cheers!

ps: That wonderful Movie, The Matrix, was profoundly Allegorical:

The Matrix: Symbolism

7 members, 66 guests, 2 anonymous users

Know Thyself!

Welcome Members and honored Guests!

Today I'd like to talk about the Symbolism of "Gilligan's Island". Everyone's seen it, right?

Here On The Island - by Lewis Napper

A Scholarly Critique of the Style, Symbolism and Sociopolitical Relevance of Gilligan's Island

Great works of literature often attempt to confront us with the obvious in such a way as to call the inevitable into question. Some strive to explain through metaphor that which is too complex or too abstract to state literally. Other forms seek only to capture some moment in time so that future generations may experience and learn from what has gone before them.

All of these qualities are ambitiously gathered in Sherwood Schwartz's masterwork, "Gilligan's Island." Through a thin veil of canned laughter, unpretentious slap-stick, and inexpensive production the complete modern sociopolitical predicament is brought to the light of day.

The island symbolizes society -- any modern western society. It presents a canvas for painting all of the issues of the latest, greatest countries. A simple vehicle with clear boundaries designed to remove all irrelevant, external stimuli from the story and its message. Simplify to clarify.

Thanks for visiting! Join the amazing Castaways. Cheers!

5 members, 47 guests

Know Yourself!

Good evening favored Guests! Welcome to our humble abode. Here is Dr Stephen Hawking, Sheldon's Hero. Cheers!

www.goodreads.com

“For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.”
Stephen Hawking

Even if there is only one possible unified theory, it is just a set of rules and equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations and makes a universe for them to describe? The usual approach of science of constructing a mathematical model cannot answer the questions of why there should be a universe for the model to describe. Why does the universe go to all the bother of existing?”
Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time