Goodbye Jesus

Different Ideas On How To Spend Vacation

Daffodil

Ugh! Found out that while we were on vacation in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone earlier this month, my brother and his wife and four homeschooled kids spent their vacation at the Creation Museum in Kentucky. ???? I seriously did not think that they were that into creationism. They're college educated! Well, so am I and I only got out a few years ago, but still! Even as a Christian I knew that stuff was bunk. I'm so disappointed! I shared that with hubby and he went into a long philosophical/psychological spiel on anxiety abatement and stuff. I know I know I know, but these are people I love and want them to be free! Gah!

Daffodyl, I share your annoyance. Their time would have been much better spent at the beach. *Rolls eyes at hubby: "Whatever".*jesus.gif

At first I thought you were going to say that they took YOUR kids to that creation museum! You just have to wait for people to change sometimes, but yeah - I feel for you.

From the thread title, I expected that you were asking for suggestions on what to do for vacation. I was actually going to suggest going to the creation museum, but I was going to say to put a bunch of post-it notes on the exhibits detailing their errors. ;)

There is no way I could keep a straight face walking through that place! I would be thrown out for disrespect!

Too bad you couldn't make up some secular tracts and leave them around just to annoy the creationists...LOL! smile.png

Like Chick tracts? How would they end though? I mean, Jack Chick has a pretty rad thing going for him, with every comic strip ending with a sinner being thrown into Hell while the Christians rejoice. What would a secular tract be like? "Look Timmy, the former Christian got a PhD in evolutionary biology!"?

Too bad you couldn't make up some secular tracts and leave them around just to annoy the creationists...LOL! smile.png

Like Chick tracts? How would they end though? I mean, Jack Chick has a pretty rad thing going for him, with every comic strip ending with a sinner being thrown into Hell while the Christians rejoice. What would a secular tract be like? "Look Timmy, the former Christian got a PhD in evolutionary biology!"?

Burnedout and rjn: This actually sounds like a great plan! We can print some up; maybe someone will volunteer to enter their Lion's Den-dangerous work.

Know Thyself

From the thread title, I expected that you were asking for suggestions on what to do for vacation. I was actually going to suggest going to the creation museum, but I was going to say to put a bunch of post-it notes on the exhibits detailing their errors. wink.png

Totally this!

Are you sure they went and *believed* it all? They may just have been interested.... I remember we went to the a christian zoo once, that had a bit of a creationist element to it and even as christians, at the time we giggled away at the ridiculousness of some of the "facts".

From the thread title, I expected that you were asking for suggestions on what to do for vacation. I was actually going to suggest going to the creation museum, but I was going to say to put a bunch of post-it notes on the exhibits detailing their errors. wink.png

Totally this!

Are you sure they went and *believed* it all? They may just have been interested.... I remember we went to the a christian zoo once, that had a bit of a creationist element to it and even as christians, at the time we giggled away at the ridiculousness of some of the "facts".

What makes a Zoo Christian? :o

Are there Christian Circuses? Christian NASCAR?

It was like a small, privately owned/run zoo/animal sanctuary, and they had an underlying creationist tone to it. So much of the information wasn't about evolution etc. They even had a large model of Noah's ark and how they really believed it would have looked etc. etc.

From the thread title, I expected that you were asking for suggestions on what to do for vacation. I was actually going to suggest going to the creation museum, but I was going to say to put a bunch of post-it notes on the exhibits detailing their errors. ;)

Totally this!

I can't imagine them spending the money and time to drive out there (6.5 hour drive) just for fun.

Woohoo! Just found out they didn't go after all! They checked into it and decided it was too expensive and boring for the kids. Not the best reasons to skip it, but still! They went to Cincinnati instead, lol.

• Like 1