Goodbye Jesus

Which Atheist Blogs Do You Like?

TABA

Since becoming an unbeliever I have somewhat of a hunger to read atheist blogs, listen to atheist podcasts, to "hang out" in a sense with other atheists. The Atheist Channel on Patheos.com has plenty of blogs to choose from, so I'm wondering: do you have Patheos Atheist blogs you really like, and why do you like them in particular? Of course I'd be interested in non-Patheos blogs too...

I only go here. I now have a few people I can actually talk about this stuff now irl too though, and I don't live in a crazy religious area.

On the atheist sector of Patheos, I think Cassidy MacGillicuddy's Roll To Disbelieve is awesome. Her insights cut straight to the heart of the way evangelical Christianity operates. And the commentators are sort of becoming a little community. Plus there is lots about cats.

Neil Carter's Godless in Dixie is also very good.

• Like 3

On the atheist sector of Patheos, I think Cassidy MacGillicuddy's Roll To Disbelieve is awesome. Her insights cut straight to the heart of the way evangelical Christianity operates. And the commentators are sort of becoming a little community. Plus there is lots about cats.Neil Carter's Godless in Dixie is also very good.

Those are my two favorites, too! Other than them, I just click on articles that interest me rather than following anyone else.

I like Roll to Disbelieve too. Very insightful and well thought out. If you only have time for one, read this one.

I read Godless in Dixie occasionally too, but not if it's just current events. I'm trying to read news and come to my own conclusions instead of letting bloggers give me conclusions.

I also read The Disillusionist. His are short. He's a recently deconverted Baptist evangelist that is still in the closet. I'm waiting to find out who he is, to see if I've heard of him, and find out what the fallout is in the Christian community when he finally comes out.

There's a lot of new ones on Patheos, but I don't have time to check them all out.

• 4 weeks later...

I have worn out YouTube listening to just about every Atheist Experience clip that's under 20 minutes in duration.  It's getting very hard to find any now that I haven't seen.  So I too am looking for other things.

Patreon has some good bloggers and, as mentioned, Roll to Disbelieve and Godless in Dixie are among the best.  Friendly Atheist is not as good but still readable and puts out much more content.  They have 2 to 3 things per day where Godless in Dixie only posts about once a week and Roll to Disbelieve only about twice a week. 

On YouTube, I also like Armored Skeptic, Thinking Atheist (Seth Andrews), and JaclynGlenn (though you have to be selective on what of hers you watch because a LOT of it is not about atheism...and she acts very "millennial" which annoys me as a middle aged person).

But if anyone else has some content, I'm very interested and hopefully this reply bumps this thread back on to the radar.

Thanks for the suggestions here. I bookmarked the Roll to Disbelieve one to check out further later.

As a side note, one frustrating thing for me is that every time I go on a Patheos blog on my cellphone it crashes the internet. Every frickin' time. That's frustrating, because sometimes I'd like to kick back in the recliner and read some Patheos blogs on my phone, but I can't do that. I guess eventually I'll have to get a better phone....

Thanks for the suggestions here. I bookmarked the Roll to Disbelieve one to check out further later.

As a side note, one frustrating thing for me is that every time I go on a Patheos blog on my cellphone it crashes the internet. Every frickin' time. That's frustrating, because sometimes I'd like to kick back in the recliner and read some Patheos blogs on my phone, but I can't do that. I guess eventually I'll have to get a better phone....

The problem is not with your phone, the problem is with Patheos and its ads. Patheos is pretty miserable on a desktop browser, and it's even worse on mobile browsers.

I see a LOT of complaints about Patheos being unfriendly to mobile devices from a lot of people.

On wordpress, I like Amusing Nonsense, The Recovering Know It All and Quixie's Mind Palace. They get some good conversations going. Sometimes you get a link to some great YouTube vids, too.

The problem is not with your phone, the problem is with Patheos and its ads. Patheos is pretty miserable on a desktop browser, and it's even worse on mobile browsers.

I see a LOT of complaints about Patheos being unfriendly to mobile devices from a lot of people.

Interesting. I don't normally have any problems with it on my PC.

I like reading Christian websites like Charisma because it's funny to read all the stupid things they say

Do you use ad blocking software on your PC? That's the only thing that keeps me sane on Patheos on my desktop.

Do you use ad blocking software on your PC? That's the only thing that keeps me sane on Patheos on my desktop.

I use Firefox and have it set to block pop-ups. No special software.

Since becoming an unbeliever I have somewhat of a hunger to read atheist blogs, listen to atheist podcasts, to "hang out" in a sense with other atheists. The Atheist Channel on Patheos.com has plenty of blogs to choose from, so I'm wondering: do you have Patheos Atheist blogs you really like, and why do you like them in particular? Of course I'd be interested in non-Patheos blogs too...

My favorite is this one from MrGoodNKinky https://engagingatheist.wordpress.com really check it out!

While not specifically atheist, Joe.My.God. - http://www.joemygod.com is a very good blog. It concentrates on LGBT issues, but there is a lot of atheist content because of the obvious interaction between the LGBT community and religion/religious people. I think most of the commentators are atheist/agnostic.

I'm an old straight white guy and I find the site very interesting laugh.png

I have a huge man crush on Sam Harris

I love listening to his lectures and he is great at debating.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a huge man crush on Sam Harris

I love listening to his lectures and he is great at debating.

Yeah, Sam Harris is one of the best. Part of me wishes we could establish a new religion with Sam as our prophet

Yes, Bruce is really good. I guess it makes sense that atheists who used to be Christians resonate more with me than do those who never believed...

Duplicate post...

I've appreciated the feedback. There's certainly no shortage of clear voices against religious belief!

In addition to those mentioned, I want to give a shout-out to one of our New Zealand members, James23.  The articles in his blog ThoughtControl make for some of the clearest, most convincing rebuttals and criticisms of Christianity you'll find anywhere, in my opinion.  It's funny to think that a mortal man can put together such a convincing, coherent set of arguments, while the alleged creator of the universe did such a lousy, garbled job of expressing himself in writing!

• Like 1