Goodbye Jesus

Try Hard

quinntar

You'd think the Christians would be all over the lion's den, defending the faith, arguing for Christ like the new testament believers. Well it's not like the moderators are keeping Christians out, unlike the reverse at Christian forums.

I guess our souls are worth shit to them.

We're already lost reprobates to them, AC. Sucks to be us.

Yeah well that's not Christian like, the fact you'd see your a reprobate in their eyes means you're a million times worth more saving than them.

Doesn't their bible say

"I come for those that seek a doctor, not them who think they are well."

Yeah well that's not Christian like, the fact you'd see your a reprobate in their eyes means you're a million times worth more saving than them.

Doesn't their bible say

We've given up the faith once delivered to us, AC. We are already dead, and no one will raise us at the last day, because the day of miracles is over. I say that and it's not Christian like? Of course it is. 

BTW, may I call you AC? I'm glad you are here.

Doesn't their bible say

We've given up the faith once delivered to us, AC. We are already dead, and no one will raise us at the last day, because the day of miracles is over. I say that and it's not Christian like? Of course it is.

Yep AC is cool.

I know in my old Christian beliefs I meant well. Even with all the terrible things the bible says, I had a deeper love in mind.

That's my understanding of Christian like.

Doesn't their bible say

Yep AC is cool.

I know in my old Christian beliefs I meant well. Even with all the terrible things the bible says, I had a deeper love in mind.

That's my understanding of Christian like.

You're ok, AC.

• Super Moderator

jesus hung with sinners so that christians wouldn't have to.

• Like 1

jesus hung with sinners so that christians wouldn't have to.

That's what it is professor, exempt status.

• Super Moderator

Personally, I'd welcome more christians into The Den.

I think many do not like what they are confronted with.

For instance, I know people in active ministry, the wife and husband both speak and she was divorced early in life.

Now I don't know the details, but unless first husband cheated, she and new hub have lived in adultry for 40ish years according to NT bible law, and she is supposed to be silent in church too.

They could blow off the "silent" part easily but they have to just ignore the adultry part because there is no way around it.

It's those things that Christians don't like and they will get a face full of it here. They just can't defend their bibles without having to look closer than many want to do I think.

I think many do not like what they are confronted with.

For instance, I know people in active ministry, the wife and husband both speak and she was divorced early in life.

Now I don't know the details, but unless first husband cheated, she and new hub have lived in adultry for 40ish years according to NT bible law, and she is supposed to be silent in church too.

They could blow off the "silent" part easily but they have to just ignore the adultry part because there is no way around it.

It's those things that Christians don't like and they will get a face full of it here. They just can't defend their bibles without having to look closer than many want to do I think.

I wonder why, that seems a character trait that alot of Christians have.

• Super Moderator

When I was a christian, I took the Great Commission seriously. I was required to go out and "witness", and bring people to the saving knowledge of jesus.

I was also embarrassed by it. I felt so stupid telling people about salvation, like they'd never heard about it before.

That, naturally, led me to feel guilty; because, even though I was "witnessing", I was secretly ashamed. We all know what's going to happen if we are ashamed of jesus before men; he'll be ashamed of us before the father.

So, I was embarrassed, ashamed, and guilty all at the same time.

If I'd had a website like this, where I could "witness" with complete anonymity, I'd probably have been even more active than I am. Hard to believe more christians aren't using such an obvious "witnessing tool."

• Like 2

I went to Athiest site as a Christian and I was totally overwhelmed by it. I had no answers and felt unprepared to ever post.

Funny, that may have been the spark that led me toward digging deeper for answers to hard questions I had which in turn led to my deconversion. Go figure ????

When I was a christian, I took the Great Commission seriously. I was required to go out and "witness", and bring people to the saving knowledge of jesus.

I was also embarrassed by it. I felt so stupid telling people about salvation, like they'd never heard about it before.

That, naturally, led me to feel guilty; because, even though I was "witnessing", I was secretly ashamed. We all know what's going to happen if we are ashamed of jesus before men; he'll be ashamed of us before the father.

If I'd had a website like this, where I could "witness" with complete anonymity, I'd probably have been even more active than I am. Hard to believe more christians aren't using such an obvious "witnessing tool."

Maybe something in their beliefs has happened to them and the guilt gets unloaded and dispensed before it gets to their thinking minds.

I went to Athiest site as a Christian and I was totally overwhelmed by it. I had no answers and felt unprepared to ever post.

Funny, that may have been the spark that led me toward digging deeper for answers to hard questions I had which in turn led to my deconversion. Go figure ???? √

It's not easy to get free when you've been brainwashed for years, I wonder if it's better to leave some Christians alone.

I avoid confrontations with Xians for two basic reasons that are virtually impossible to overcome. One is cognitive dissonance & the other one is information bias. Essentially you end up attempting to educate a rock. Your words go in one ear & out the other one without slowing down. Attempts to engage a Xian in an intellectual discussion is at best frustrating & almost always ultimately pointless.

Whether it's politics or religion or any other emotionally held belief until the person that embraces that belief develops doubts, on their own, any attempt to engage them with a different viewpoint is pointless. Maybe planting seeds in the hope they may take root at some future date is a valid alternative for someone else to harvest your seeds is a tactic to at least consider. I do not possess the desire or patience for that option.

You'd think the Christians would be all over the lion's den, defending the faith, arguing for Christ like the new testament believers. Well it's not like the moderators are keeping Christians out, unlike the reverse at Christian forums.

To get the swarming masses of Christendom to come here we would need to be mentioned on the news or some viral internet campaign, I think.

"[Your favorite TV evangelist's name] found dead in home. 'Ex-christian.net' scrawled on a piece of paper found next to a bottle of sleeping pills on his night stand. A day of mourning is scheduled for Tuesday."  :)

And then we'd only get about two weeks max exposure before the novelty faded away.

This ^^ . I felt like I 'needed' to witness...but common sense told me that everyone already knew about Christianity anyway. It was a Catholic that told me that just living a Christlike life was witness enough to people watching. Sounded like a good cop out/rationale so I quit feeling guilty and ashamed for not actively evangelizing anyone. :)

To get the swarming masses of Christendom to come here we would need to be mentioned on the news or some viral internet campaign, I think.

"[Your favorite TV evangelist's name] found dead in home. 'Ex-christian.net' scrawled on a piece of paper found next to a bottle of sleeping pills on his night stand. A day of mourning is scheduled for Tuesday." :)

And then we'd only get about two weeks max exposure before the novelty faded away.

Crossing fingers and wishing on a star.

• Super Moderator

Why don't you try praying for more christians to come, anticrash?  It's never worked for me; but maybe it will for you.

I avoid confrontations with Xians for two basic reasons that are virtually impossible to overcome. One is cognitive dissonance & the other one is information bias. Essentially you end up attempting to educate a rock. Your words go in one ear & out the other one without slowing down. Attempts to engage a Xian in an intellectual discussion is at best frustrating & almost always ultimately pointless.

Whether it's politics or religion or any other emotionally held belief until the person that embraces that belief develops doubts, on their own, any attempt to engage them with a different viewpoint is pointless. Maybe planting seeds in the hope they may take root at some future date is a valid alternative for someone else to harvest your seeds is a tactic to at least consider. I do not possess the desire or patience for that option.

There is another reason to engage them, Geezer.

110 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

8 members, 102 guests, 0 anonymous users 

• Super Moderator

There is another reason to engage them, Geezer.

110 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

8 members, 102 guests, 0 anonymous users 

You haven't been possessed by the spirit of qadeshet, have you, BAA?

COME OUT FOUL DEMON!!!!!!!

Why don't you try praying for more christians to come, anticrash? It's never worked for me; but maybe it will for you.

Mm...Ok

Doesn't their bible say

Y'all like the "dust of your feet" scripture and ask what are we doing here. You're the first one I've seen that wishes to be rescued.

Like so many topics, there is a bible verse to Take whichever side you choose

• Like 2