Goodbye Jesus

Religious People... Sometimes Just... Wow

Brother Jeff

• Super Moderator

^^Gotta love those christbots, huh?  There was someone where I used to work who would help herself to anything in the office fridge because "as a christian, god put everything on earth for her" which included our lunches.  And just like most true christians, she didn't bother to feed the hungry (her fellow employees) either.

Finally most of us conspired to bring in one nasty container of spoiled food we'd been keeping in our home refrigerators and brought it in to work on a specific day.   We could barely contain our excitement all morning waiting for lunch ....  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif     

I'd love to hear part 2.

LOL... It was almost anti-climatic.  I didn't see her, but heard that she rummaged through the fridge and couldn't find anything to eat so she went downstairs to the cafeteria.  On the plus side, for the most part, she left our food alone.  

ETA -  She only worked there a few more weeks and nobody heard from her again.

Goodbye Jesus

Some religouis zealot changed the T.V. in our break room at work to some religous B.S. and then hid the remote so well that 2 days worth of searching has not reveled it's whereabouts.

That jackass is probably gloating as I type this thinking that god is going to reward them for their over-the-top passive/aggressive behavior.

Then there are the managers of businesses who play 'Christian' music, or worse- a live stream of Xtian radio and force you to listen to it. I complained at a Taco place once and was told the manger told staff they HAD to leave it on that station or be fired. I sent a compliant to the home office of the franchise. Next time I went there it was off.

• Like 1

I wish these nuts were the exception, but I've been reading so many of them lately. I think the nation really has become a lot more dumb than it was. But then again, I look back at all of the dyed-in-the-wool racism that was rampant. The state of Oregon was a racist dreamland not too long ago, which is surprising given the attitudes now. But there are musicians alive now that remember the segregated clubs back then. So maybe we just hear about the stupid more blatantly than we did before.

My wife likes to remind me of the bell curve and how so many are in the middle, and at least as many really stupid as there are brilliant.

• Like 1

I think there's always been lots of stupid around, it's just that these days everyone can have a voice online.

Just like I believe there have always been lonely nerds. Before the internets, they sat at home with their bug collections or fantasy books or handicrafts, and had little social connections. These days, no matter how weird your hobby is, there is a web community around it.

That being said... Post #53 makes my blood boil. I come from poverty despite all the praying and hymn singing my mom did.

"I sent a compliant to the home office of the franchise. Next time I went there it was off."

Stamps!

Thank you for taking a stand!  woohoo.gif

"The Bible is all the sciense we need!"

"Sciense is evil!"

WTF?  Wendytwitch.gif

• 2 weeks later...

definition-of-pastor.jpg

Many pastors do indeed seem like hardcore devils and stomping ninjas. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

14938108_662063527296644_781885558813067

What the actual fuck is this moron a doctor of?

Idiocy - It's a field in the sciences. Haven't you heard of it?

Idiocy - It's a field in the sciences. Haven't you heard of it?

Surprisingly, he actually earned a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery before becoming a spokesperson for Islam.

http://english.astroawani.com/malaysia-news/8-facts-you-need-know-about-controversial-preacher-dr-zakir-naik-updated-101971

Regardless of that, either he himself is actually incredibly stupid or he has a target audience that he knows is stupid enough to believe what he said.

If he really wants to disprove gravity, he should have enough faith to jump off a high cliff.