Goodbye Jesus

List Similarities Between Political Radicals & Xian Fundamentalist

Geezer

It seems to me they both use coersion to control individual speech & action. Each group determines what speech is & is not acceptable. Failure to comply often leads to public ridicule which can lead to job termination & financial hardship.

Each group trys to establish what is or is not morally acceptable. Those who violate the established standards are subject to internal discipline and/or public ridicule.

The perceived leaders are often exempt from their own rules & punishment.

Expulsion from the group & the disruption of established social structure is also frequently employed to maintain control & create an atmosphere of fear.

Absolute submission to the rules & leadership is demanded. There is little toleration for insubordination or questioning the authority or wisdom of leadership.

I'm sure others can think of many more similarities.

Willingness to put aside what others would consider basic human decency, like killing those who do not conform (assassinating doctors who perform abortions, ambushing police officers, for two examples). Those are extreme examples, but those groups do tend to attract the extreme elements.

Controlling others and refusing to consider alternate views are the biggest ones that stand out to me.

• Like 1

Denial of reality whenever it happens to contradict the cult's dogma. Motto: "Too bad for reality that it doesn't play by our rules!"