Goodbye Jesus

Earth’S Resources Used Up At Quickest Rate Ever In 2016

Fweethawt

http://m.france24.com/en/20160807-earth-overshoot-day-resources-depleted-quickest-rate-ever-2016

In just over seven months, humanity has used up a full year's allotment of natural resources such as water, food and clean air – the quickest rate yet, according to a new report.

The point of "overshoot" will officially be reached on Monday, said environmental group Global Footprint Network -- five days earlier than last year.

• Super Moderator

Huh. So the more people there are the more stuff they will use?

What about oil? I saw this documentary about upcoming oil depletion, but honestly wasn't able to tell if it was totally credible or more along the lines of fear mongering.

But the claim was, we've only been using oil in the past 200 years or so, which is like a tiny drop of time compared to the millions of years of the history of our existence. And in that time we've been drilling oil at a crazy rate (not just for car gas, but for a huge multitude of industrial uses) and it's not an infinite resource, so at some point we may be faced with the possibility of no more oil. This would put a huge halt to the current state of tech and industry as we know it, perhaps sooner than we realize. 

Note that I'm not bashing cars or transport or industry by any means. I love urban life and I know the importance of travel and transporting resources, and do not want to go back to the agrarian days by any means. But we might need to come up with a better means than oil to serve as the energy behind  these things, so we don't run out and end up in a dystopia. Or so many people claim.

Who cares? Jesus will be back soon and restore the Earth. Any day now. Let us pray!

It's all a hoax. Don't believe the lies of the liberal media. 

It's all a hoax. Don't believe the lies of the liberal media. 

Or, we could continue reproducing as if the world is not a finite resource and see what happens.

In the grand scheme of things, we're like a bacteria, or parasites... Maybe humans are what the universe needs to consume it's old wasted planets. We're certainly not smart enough to not extinct ourselves.