Goodbye Jesus

Biblegod Is The One Whose Actions Killed Countless People In Large-Scale Catastophes. Why Is Satan The Bad Guy?

Lyra

Throughout the Bible, Yahweh engages in a lot of large-scale acts that involve killing innocent people. The Flood, the death of the firstborn babies, the bears who killed the kids for making fun of the prophet, the commands to go slaughter other tribes in war and kill all the innocent civilians, etc.

On the other hand, Satan's actions seem to just involve tempting people: eating the Fruit, trying to test Jesus in the desert, etc. The worst thing I can recall Satan doing was how he ruined Job's life, but God gave him permission each step of the way, like Job's kids were all just worthless pawns in a game. 

The theory goes that Satan tempts people to hell by enticing people to be "worldly," but God is the one responsible for Hell existing at all and could choose to just get rid of Hell (or, even just destroy humans instantaneously without the need to have them tormented forever).

So hypothetically, if we were to assume for the sake of discussion that Satan and Biblegod were real as depicted, why is Satan the bad guy?

I do understand that there's evil in the world--terrorism, child abuse, rape, slavery, oppression, etc. and  I would respect a religious person's view that those things were of Satan. But in the Bible, Satan isn't cited as doing those things - and rather God is the one ordering all the baby-killing and rape (Lot's daughters anyone)?

The Bible stories aren't "mass genocide happened that was ordered by Satan, but God saved the day" and rather "People were being earthly and sinful by Satan's temptation, so God stormed in and killed them all."'

Correct me if I am wrong, and show me why. Please. :)

Content moved to duplicate thread

I'm sorry for the double-post. It was one of those things where you refresh the page, think you lost it and go to re-type the question without realizing that it had already posted the first time.

Oops.

Please disregard.