Goodbye Jesus

The Mystery Deepens... And Continues To Darken?

bornagainathiest

http://earthsky.org/space/news-about-mystery-star-kic-8462852

(Artists Impression, below)

KIC8462852-Tabbys-star-artist-sq-e146288

Hippke and Lund say the long-term dimming of this star is just an artifact produced by the data sources and that it hasn't really dimmed over the last 100 years.

Schaefer responds that the century-long dimming is real and could be consistent with the activities of aliens gradually constructing a megastructure around this star.

The jury is still out, but all parties agree that KIC 8462852 is the most mysterious and baffling star we know of.

Thanks,

BAA.

I've read about this online. I can't remember which websites, but it's interesting, even though I still know next to nothing about cosmology despite my wanting to.

I'd like to go with alien megastructure, but until and unless I see the aliens or proof of them, I'm going to have to stick to thinking that it's a natural phenomena. 

It's one amazing riddle for sure. Several explanations have been brought forth but none so far explain all the weirdness. Some are a good answer to a few things, others a good one to a few others. Lots of researching remains to be done.

Of course alien superstructures would be one thing that everyone would kind of like to see, but the game of life is not called "make a wish". Oh well.