Goodbye Jesus

Finally Came Out To Wife Today

tycoondon

Wow - so glad for you both. I'm in the "it didn't go so well" group. My wife is still fairly devastated...

We're still together, but my departure from Christianity has been catastrophic.

I didn't take it as a brag =) I'm actually thrilled for you, knowing all-too-well how it could have gone...

Sounds pretty good. I'm glad to hear this!

Great to hear the latest from you - I'm very happy for you! I had a very similar experience just a few weeks ago...

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/73318-i-came-out-to-my-wife-this-week/#.V7mk5Hj3aK0

... so I know how good it feels!

• Super Moderator

I'm so happy it worked out well for you!  

Tycoondon,

Glad to hear things seem to be working for you. I too did not take anything you said as a brag.

I came out to my wife in the Summer of 2014 and there was so much tension, for so many months, that I had to start going to church again - just to smooth things out. Let  me tell you, just as Florduh maintains, that is not the best approach. Case in point - when I skipped church last Sunday to get some left over yard work done before the heat got too unbearable, she acted as though I had stabbed her in the back. I would be better off today if I had never gone back. In fact - it looks like we're headed for the big ""D".

But back to you and your situation. I think it's healthy that your wife will listen and that you cane talk to each other about this. Mine would lobby to pass a law banning anti-xtian dialog if she thought such a law would have a chance.

I'm so glad this went well for you Tycoondon. Best wishes for a great life with good communication for a happy relationship.

(hug)

I'm glad it went well.

Congratulations! 

Happy Happy for you.  :)

Sounds like the best possible outcome.  Congratulations.