Goodbye Jesus

I've Been Banned From Christianforums.com For Telling The Truth

SerenelyBlue

Someone told me that I was not a real Christian before atheism. I replied that I was as real as can be, but there are no real Christians. They have been subjected to brainwashing and indoctrination. They force themselves to believe silly things and are blackmailed with eternal punishment.

Apparantly I am now a true agnostic atheist because I really truly believe this stuff.

• Like 3

I shouldn't be joining Christian forums in the first place.

• Like 2

well the gamut ranges from anxiety inducing to just grumpiness reading the crap on there
  • Like 2

They're afraid. If they admit that you were a true Christian and now you are not, then they (who they know is a true Christian) may someday also be agnostic or atheist. It could happen to them.

• Like 3

Maybe you planted seeds of doubt.

Back when I tried to be a be-lie-ver, I used to just go into an uncomfortable silence when atheists brought up logical points against religion. I wasn't offended, more like anxious because I was afraid of doubts (This was when I was a kid and early teen). But later, as the bullshit filter slowly wore off, I looked back and realized that all of those atheist interactions had been little steps toward seeing the light.

I bet you helped some of them break free, even though they don't realize it yet.

• Like 1

It is weird how Christians will pray to God to send them opportunities to witness to unbelievers, but then when an unbeliever comes along, they are so eager to shake the dust off their feet and rid themselves of the unbeliever.

• Like 2

A long time ago, christian forums used to allow open debate. It didn't go over well for them, so now most theist boards just ban opinions they don't agree with.

A long time ago, christian forums used to allow open debate. It didn't go over well for them, so now most theist boards just ban opinions they don't agree with.

"so now most theist boards just ban opinions they don't agree with."

Because xtians are soooo interested in the truth. Sarc off.

• Like 1

When you tell people a simple fact or ask a question, and they shut you down, you know they're scared of you. firedevil.gif

When you tell people a simple fact or ask a question, and they shut you down, you know they're scared of you. firedevil.gif

I think many of them don't want to discuss their beliefs because they are afraid. They either know their religion can't be defended and/or they are afraid of any doubt arising in their heads. I once had a fundy literally put her fingers in her ears when she realized I was about to make an irrefutable point. This woman knows the facts but denies them and knows that there is no logical or rational way to defend her position.

Wow....

I do most of my preaching now on Yahoo news story comments. Some of the believers there are beyond help, others I've been directing here.

I remember being a believer and not being able to answer atheists online. I just felt sad and didn't know what to think. A friend said "Why even go there, just trust the love you've felt". That was good enough for another 25 years until I needed some real answers. Then I came here.

• Like 2

They're afraid. If they admit that you were a true Christian and now you are not, then they (who they know is a true Christian) may someday also be agnostic or atheist. It could happen to them.

Exactly right. They are terrified to admit that someone could actually be a real christian at one point and then 'fall away' into unbelief. It's simply inconceivable to them. It makes them uncomfortable, because if a true christian can become an ex-christian, then their whole system of faith and a faithful savior goes right into the garbage. They're forced to admit that their religion and their faith is a fraudulent sham. To save their pride, they have come up with embarrassing excuses like - ' you just hate god' - 'you just love your sin' - 'you willingly turned your back on god' - 'you were deceived by the devil' etc. etc. 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I am very pleased that nobody had to tell you that. Take your own advice and just enjoy life.

I think many of them don't want to discuss their beliefs because they are afraid. They either know their religion can't be defended and/or they are afraid of any doubt arising in their heads. I once had a fundy literally put her fingers in her ears when she realized I was about to make an irrefutable point. This woman knows the facts but denies them and knows that there is no logical or rational way to defend her position.

I believe truth to a christian is like someone revealing how a magic trick is done, ruining the illusion for the audience. We stand naked before a vast universe and live in a world of uncertainty. Religion, such as christianity, although fake, creates an illusion, a placebo if you will, of comfort and safety. When the critical thinker steps in and exposes the bible as a fraud, it threatens to take away the illusion of comfort and safety, which is why they don't want to listen to you or anyone else for that matter. 

• Like 2

Someone told me that I was not a real Christian before atheism. I replied that I was as real as can be, but there are no real Christians. They have been subjected to brainwashing and indoctrination. They force themselves to believe silly things and are blackmailed with eternal punishment.

Apparantly I am now a true agnostic atheist because I really truly believe this stuff.

This happened with me over at religiousforums.com. I used to debate christians there, and as soon as I started pulling out all the evidence against their false religion, the mods would come in and close down the thread. Apparently they only want g-rated philosophical debates and not the hard core in your face proofs and facts. I think the mods of that site are secretly christian biased. Sorry you were banned SerenlyBlue, but good for you for sticking up for the truth against christianity. Great job and thanks for sharing. 

This happened with me over at religiousforums.com. I used to debate christians there, and as soon as I started pulling out all the evidence against their false religion, the mods would come in and close down the thread. Apparently they only want g-rated philosophical debates and not the hard core in your face proofs and facts. I think the mods of that site are secretly christian biased. Sorry you were banned SerenlyBlue, but good for you for sticking up for the truth against christianity. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Thank you

It is weird how Christians will pray to God to send them opportunities to witness to unbelievers, but then when an unbeliever comes along, they are so eager to shake the dust off their feet and rid themselves of the unbeliever.

They're just looking for the emotionally vulnerable people who'll listen to their feel-good spiels without raising any really tough questions.

I'm on ChristianForums too.

Careful, guys.... this worries me somewhat.

Why?

Why?

I went there to talk some sense into them. I posted a couple of ideas that I thought will have them see sense, but they banned me before I even started.

Serene,

If you want to go onto Christian sites, first, you will not really get anywhere.  Second, the best you can do is basically plant some seeds before you are banned.  If you REALLY feel a need to go on there, be very subtle.  Throw some questions in the form of a quandary.  You might last a few months throwing those out there, but eventually they will throw you off.

Thank you for the advice. I'm not spending my time lurking around on Christian sites. If I can't have a decent open conversation I would rather not go at all.

• Super Moderator

Believers can come here for open discussion. We can't go to Christian websites and preach against their beliefs. It doesn't work and lowers us to their level.