Goodbye Jesus

Proteins Holding The Human Body Together

Voice

Researching some general human anatomy I stumbled upon one spat of christian fanaticism over one protein. It polluted my searches.

They liked the laminins. They exploited the laminins, proteins shaped like a cross. Just search laminin. Jesus Christ, I'm trying to learn about anatomy here. What will they do when they discover a deep sea creature shaped like a cross?

This is a sample of a medical definition of proteins that bind cells and tissues together (the real thing):

The extracellular matrix is composed of three major classes of biomolecules:

1. Structural proteins: e.g. the collagen, the fibrillins, and elastin.

2. Specialized proteins: e.g. fibronectin, the various laminins, and the various integrins.

3. Proteoglycans: these are composed of a protein core to which is attached long chains of repeating disaccharide units termed of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) forming extremely complex high molecular weight components of the ECM (extracellular matrix)

Hammerhead sharks are kinda cross-shaped. Glory!

zDuivel7.gif

This kind of bs isn't confined to Christianity, Voice.

Check out this... 

...where bona fide NASA data is used to "prove" that Allah has written the name of His prophet, Mohammed on the surface of Mars.

Wendybanghead.gif

I don't know who it was who posted the most fucking brilliant reply to that laminin nonsense on these forums some time ago... but who cares?

So if laminin is so essential because it's holding us together, surely what makes laminin hold together is even more important right?

That would be a good old carbon atom. And you may remember from chemistry class (if you're not a morontheist because they clearly never saw a classroom from the inside) that carbon has 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons. 666... hmmm where did I see that before?

:fdevil:

carbon has 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons.

So life is inherently satanic?

Just to make it even more clear, Christians are going cuckoo over what the simplified diagram of what laminin looks like:

laminin.gif

This is more like what laminin looks like in reality:

laminin.jpg

As with most things biological, the reality is a bit messier than the simple illustrations.

Oh, and, just for good measure, sometimes things look like other things for no particular reason:

Things.jpg

• Like 1