Goodbye Jesus

Ray Comfort Documentary "the Atheist Delusion" Is Every Bit As Stupid As You'd Think.

ContraBardus

"Atheism destroyed by one scientific question..."

Turns out that "question" is just the Watchmaker argument, and it 'stumps' several clearly under educated Atheists who probably failed middle school biology classes. They're California college students, and you can almost hear the gears grinding off the rust from all the weed and beer they've consumed. Well, that or shills, it's hard to tell.

**sigh**

To paraphrase it in a single bullet point...

"DnA is complex and has information stored in it, Books are complex and have information in them, therefore books and DNA were both created by someone, and that someone is obviously Jesus."

Yup, he's back to the banana again. Just wording it differently.

Even if he doesn't believe in it, he absolutely has to know there's a rebuttal for this argument because it's been thrown in his face so many times. He has to know how science explains evolution even if he doesn't believe a word of it. There are tons of books dedicated to why this exact argument doesn't work.

Once again, 'amazing scientific proof' amounts to 'the God of the Gaps' argument yet again.

He prattles on asking "Did DNA create itself?" Therefore, 'God'.

No, DNA did not 'create itself' chemistry created it. I expect he'd be dumb enough to ask 'what created chemistry then?', because he obviously doesn't understand what chemistry is or he'd know better than to make these arguments. That or he'd equate 'chemistry' with intelligence and call it 'God'.

So in short, as expected, there's nothing new here. Just the same stupid argument he's been making for decades now, only this time he's ironically being ignorant with books instead of bananas.

The World would be a dreary place without people like Comfort, that's for sure.

Right after hearing of that particular moron for the first time (through these very forums ;) ) I checked out asshole's "way of the moro... err, master" site. Took that set of questions it presented then. Of course, being a heathen, my replies weren't what the creators of the bullshit site expected, like, not at all - and as soon as that became evident the "questions" ended and the thing just plain told me - though in "nicer" words of course - "none of these questions we asked you matter anyway, you're an evil bastard without kissing hank's ar... embracing jeeeebus!!!!11!!!!!!oneoneone!!!!!eleven!!!!!!".

Yeah Comfort, yeah. Soooo convincing.

NOT.

:fdevil::lmao::pureevil:

Christians love to paint all atheists as young brainwashed fedora wearing college hipsters. They can't accept that the intellectual elite largely reject religion.

You will never see one of these documentaries include a believer debating with an actual opponent, such as an established senior neurologist. Just strawman after strawman.

XYZ is too complex for me to understand, therefore, god. 

Specifically, my god in particular, which I got from cultural and familial indoctrination + my own fantasies I make up in my head everyday. 

• Like 1

Let me add something to that dangit...

"XYZ is too complex for me to understand unless I actually try to understand but that would take some time and effort from my side, in sharp contrast to just claim I'm holier than everyone else due to being a kryyyyyyyschen™!!!!!"

Let me add something to that dangit...

"XYZ is too complex for me to understand unless I actually try to understand but that would take some time and effort from my side, in sharp contrast to just claim I'm holier than everyone else due to being a kryyyyyyyschen!!!!!"

I think you're underestimating stupidity.

Sure, some people could understand if they tried, but a lot of people really are that dumb.

For many, the problem is deeper than simply 'trying to understand' would fix.

With some for sure.

Interesting question would be, with just how many? Not that we'll learn that anytime soon... :shrug: