Goodbye Jesus

Apathetic God

I remember the soft, sweet, feeble, helpless chirping of the dying baby Robins my neighbor killed in their birdhouse because I fed his dog some grass.

I remember sitting at the table, crying, bleeding out the side of my head, being called a little s*** faced w***er for knocking over a board game.

I remember the cold, cruel, evil laughter from outside one night; nobody ever found out what happened to the people across the street.

This is not a good world. This is not my world. I don't want to live here, but the choice isn't mine.

Eventually I cracked. There's only so much a person can take. I began to question everything and Christianity got caught in the middle. Why did God let me walk into preschool with a face full of bruises? Why did we have to move each year leaving behind all family and friends? After reading some of the Bible and reflecting on life, it slowly became clear that God doesn't exist. We have to make our own lives.

Good without God. Happy without God. There is no God.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Hi Fireseeds, I eventually found that it was the "buddhist" approach that opened up new possibilities and potentials. Not...."life sucks, so there is no God", but "life sucks, why?"

There seems no need to come to conclusions, more the need to LOOK, to try to understand.

• 5 weeks later...

I can come up with reasons bad things happen

ever religions got them

some things are so horrible what reason is good

i get tired of making excuses for God

maybe, he don't exist i sure can't see any evidence

How many fertilized human eggs end up in spontaneous miscarriages?

Yahweh is into abortion big time. Why? Because he wants more angels?

Meanwhile, down here, if someone decides that some internal tissue needs to be taken out, the religious right says she and her doctor are murderers. 

Yahweh got there first.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

How many fertilized human eggs end up in spontaneous miscarriages?

Yahweh is into abortion big time. Why? Because he wants more angels?

Meanwhile, down here, if someone decides that some internal tissue needs to be taken out, the religious right says she and her doctor are murderers. 

Yahweh got there first.

God has committed more genocide than any human on the planet ever has, combined, if you buy into the buybull's bullshit. Even nearly wiping out the human race and he is excused because "he is god and he owns us and anything he does is good." 

That right there is the rationalization of an authoritarian and a moral relativist. Murder is wrong - from god or humans.

If I were ever to go back to religion (with evidence that the supernatural is real), I would become a gnostic. While many of their beliefs are just as irrational as any other religion, at least they got the story of god right on - he's a murdering, bumbling, egotistical man-child idiot.  

Now that I'm an outsider... It baffles how people can make excuses for God. This world is shit for many, many people and animals. No biblical promise excuses it.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem of suffering might be the greatest argument against the existence of a loving, omnipotent, and compassionate God there is. Suffering is universal, indiscriminate, and brutal.  

For those you wanting to know just how far a Christian will go to justify evil and suffering see here http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/criticisms_evil_suffering.html

It's also good for those who debate Christians so you know what arguments they will come up with.

I note that this guy also manages, as do many xtians, to do wonderful gymnastics in which 'evil' proves there is a moral god.

The problem with this argument is, that like mathematics 'proving' God, evil is a human concept applied to that which we find morally reprehensible. The only thing evil proves is that humans can come up with concepts to explain phenomena. The subsequent argument that for there to be an objective evil there must be an objective good also fails. (Note William L Craig is fond of this argument) Again they are using human concepts and trying to use it to point to the existence of an external being.

In the end the entire argument falls over because if you want to have your all powerful, all knowing God, then you also have a God who knowingly and intentionally created evil, or at the very least, knowingly let the circumstances happen in which evil could flourish.

However, bear in mind evil is only a concept we apply to humans because of our higher conscious. We don't say a parasite is evil - it is simply acting on its nature. We say evil humans are evil because they have the capacity to know good from bad, and do bad anyway, some to the extent we call it evil.

• Like 1