Goodbye Jesus

Mistakes In The Bible

LogicalFallacy

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but this short Youtube vid is an excellent summary of one area of problems with the bible - Mistakes.

It includes insight from Prof R M Price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBryRvtde_o

By the way this only hits a few of the many mistakes in the bible - probably a more wet your appetite for those wondering about the accuracy and inerrant of the Bible.

BAA if you read this, there is a section on Adam and Eve and original sin in the video starting at 1:34 that may impact on our "In the beginning" discussion. It seems to overturn the notion of original sin, and the need for a saviour... so undermines much of the new testament. Thoughts?

Dr Price has authored a number of books dealing with the Bible & Christianity. The Christ Myth & It's Problems & The Human Bible New Testiment are must reads for those have questions about Christianity, the Bible, Jesus, & Paul.

Price presents evidence that Jesus & Paul are mythical characters in a mythical story. He provides real answers for why the Bible is so flawed, inconsistent, & contradictory.

Thanks LF!

I'll watch this asap and get back to this thread once I've considered things properly.

All the best,

BAA.

I found it mild at best.

Many believers are aware of the Yahweh/Jehovah pronunciation difference, it didn't affect belief at all.

The "miss the mark" reference was also common knowledge in my congregations. Again, it didn't affect seeing the fruit eating as sin, since they disobeyed a direct command.

If pagan temples couldn't be converted, then how could the pagans that built them? Again, not an issue.

The replacing of a pagan pantheon with Mary and angels is pretty common knowledge also, though many Catholics would say it was not intended that way. Most Protestants see it that way, and thus Mary is not emphasized, nor are particular angels.

The virgin/maiden word problem is also well known, and is glossed over by believers who say "How is it a sign for a maiden to be pregnant?" Because they want to latch onto it as a prophecy of Jesus, they insist it MUST mean virgin in that case. I think the original intent was putting the prophecy on the 2nd part of the sentence about his name being called Immanuel, which believers also see as a prophecy.