Goodbye Jesus

Next Time Someone Says "but Atheists Do Bad Things"....

LogicalFallacy

Tell them to watch this:

The Belgium King (Christian country) obtains ownership of the Congo, enslaves and ends up killing 15 million Congolese, and forcibly converting them to.... yup Christianity.

So if someone says Hitler was an atheist, you can say debatable, but let me tell you what religious people will do. 

Tell them to watch this:

The Belgium King (Christian country) obtains ownership of the Congo, enslaves and ends up killing 15 million Congolese, and forcibly converting them to.... yup Christianity.

So if someone says Hitler was an atheist, you can say debatable, but let me tell you what religious people will do. 

The fault in their assertion however is that Stalin et al did what they did out of paranoia and political motives, not because of atheism.

My favorite counter to the "atheist do bad things" is to point out that members of ISIS are not atheists.............. then sit back and watch a fundy's head explode.

• Super Moderator

Hmmm, the Crusades, witch burnings, priests molesting children, preachers molesting anybody, preachers scamming money from the poor, yep! Atheists must be bad!

Yep... take the years between 600CE to ... today

Between the spread of Islam which butchered it's way across the known world in the 7th century, the reprisal of the crusades, all the stuff florduh mentioned, Hitlers close association with the church, and Isis... and all and everything in between, I think its fair to say that any negative impact atheists have had is far less that negative impacts from religion.