Goodbye Jesus

Open Address To Ex-Xtians

MoreThanYouSee

Yawn. The o.p. was post number 1. I predict a hit-and-run troll.

The OP is very long.

Does it go beyond saying that we:

did not truly understand the gospel

were hurt by mean people at church

are mad at God

were not really born again

lean unto our own understanding

and...

really want to sin?

"I am nobody special ...  But because He cares even for you, He sends this message to you today."

The "nobody special" at the beginning of the paragraph disappears by the end, to be replaced by God as the purported writer of this very long message. OK.

If the OP gives any evidence that the unique claims of Christianity are true, some kind person please let me know. 

• Like 1

Yawn. The o.p. was post number 1. I predict a hit-and-run troll.

Mebbe so, older.

But at least MoreThanYouSee had enough faith in Jesus Christ to post in the Den.

Whereas chrisassaf didn't... http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/74112-honoring-parents/#.WBZn8i2LSpo

He tried to sneak his beliefs in via the Totally Off Topic area and hasn't shown his face since Florduh moved that thread to the Den.

Ashamed of Jesus, perhaps?

Luke 9 : 26

26 Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

But because He cares even for you, He sends this message to you today.

Thank you sir or ma'am for your wall of evangelism.

I have spoken to Jesus recently and he told me that regular praise and adulation are not important to him. Nor is reading the bible, nor going to church nor fellowshiping with believers or obsessing about sin (which does not exist). He did, however mention that he is a most complex being and is nothing like the character portrayed in the bible. He thought the concerns of the bibleGod character were trivial compared to reality. He even went so far as to say that it was not important to even have a personal relationship with him. That's what Jesus told me. So I'm not sure who you've been speaking with.

MoreThanYouSee,

Welcome to the Lion's Den. 

Christianity is wicked, wicked stuff.....

Pro rape, pro murder, pro slavery, anti woman, anti family, anti life, anti liberty , anti wealth, anti medicine, anti science.

Now Christianity could be true, I will grant the possibility. I get that people love Jesus, with sincere love and devotion......but that love is misplaced, the love of a trembling slave, kneeling before a violent ogre is no real love at all.........

Then of course we get onto to all the nonsense in The Bible, the lies, the failures. It has been said before, but I shall repeat it it:

Snakes and donkeys do not speak human.

Time travel is unlikely to have been used to convince a minor king he was dying from a boil.

Spit and magic water are not likely to cure medical ailments 

Despite Biblical promises, believers cannot raise the dead, or fly, let alone turn water into wine 

God is not the author of confusion..........hundreds of different sects and numerous different Bible say otherwise, as does the "whole sending people strong delusions, so that they will believe lies........

Also.........When asked why he spoke in bullshit (sorry, parables and riddles), Jesus replied it was so that people could not understand and he wouldn't have to save them.....from his dad......nasty, nasty stuff. 

That aside, taking the Bible as completely true (for a moment) it's author, god, assures human beings that he intends to eternally torture 99.99999999999 percent of them, because a rib woman ate enchanted fruit at the urging of a talkative serpent. "Many are called but most of them are told to sod off", I think is the text 

But not you thou, I am sure you are one of the 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.1 percent that is getting a magic ticket to the forever magic fun land in the clouds

Anyway. must dash, pagan stuff to do.

• Like 5

You wrote such a long tome when to convert almost everyone on ex-c is so much easier than that!

Want to know how easily you could win almost all of us back for Christ? Simply point us at a scientific study showing a statistically significant result comparing Christian prayer to milk jug prayer. That's right. You pray to Jesus and I'll pray to a milk jug. If we can show that your prayers are answered more than mine, I will give Christ another long hard look.

(Hint. This study has been done more than once, and the milk jug didn't lose.)

• Like 1

I am nobody special. I had an Emmaus road experience. I thought I knew Christianity and Christ, until He met me on that road and showed me how He appeared throughout the Scriptures. Why me? I have no idea. I can only say we are not all the same parts with the exact same gifts.    ...   Oh, some will call me delusional.

To speak for myself, I too had lots of experiences that I ascribed to Jesus personally calling or leading or being with me.  Looking back, my take is that's because I wanted to believe it.  Nothing ever happened to me that could not be explained by my own mind intentionally deciding that Jesus (or the Holy Spirit, or Satan) was involved in my own thoughts and circumstances.  Now, I need something more miraculous to convince me; and I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Dear MoronISee:

You said:

I also don't care if certain days on the Christian calendar coincide with ancient pre-Christian holy days.

There are on this forum who ignore me and will tell you to ignore me. There are people here who tolerate me because I am full of bile and anger and venom.

These people, every one of them, has heretofore been more supportive to me, a total stranger, than 99.9% of Christards I spent my life around, my life on, my life for.

I am one of many who DO care if certain days on the churches' calendars coincide with pre-Christard holy days.

Those imperialist motherfuckers (and little-boy-fuckers, to this very day) killed and enslaved thousands upon thousands of indigenous people on every fucking continent on Earth.

The way to get out of their torments was to agree that you would sacrifice your culture, language, religion or lack thereof in the name of conforming to the will and whims of sadistic fuckers who operated at the behest of, and on the payroll of, dominionist assholes who wanted every piece of land they could steal so they could pillage more resources.

Now, then... as to your presence here.

You say you don't care about contradictions, then you go on to say that the reason any contradictions SEEM to exist is because, once again, we just don't see things right, or don't have an imaginary friend living in our head to teach us truth.

You say you're hoping that some of us will "try again", with our own viewpoint instead of one we've been indoctrinated into.

Your own book says you're not allowed to do that. Then again, you say you have a ghost in your head who teaches you right when the millions of books and sermons that disagree with you in some way were ALSO supposedly inspired by a friendly ghost.

You know what you're doing? You're proselytizing. Ask anyone who posts here what I always come around and say to the proselytizers.

Simple. Shut the fuck up about trying to get anyone here to believe your bullshit, and I will be more or less inclined to leave you alone.

Be one of the rare Christards with a backbone and stay and post here, and I will formally invite you to debate. None of the other shitheads who called themselves Christians on here have ever taken me up on that.

Understand, however, that I am a former pastor and evangelist, a Bible student and a manic person with a very high IQ. All those things combined mean I will dissect your religious bullshit like so many dead frogs in a school lab, and I will have zero qualms about being personally offensive and rude and blasphemous the whole time, because your fake god's morality doesn't mean a thing to me.

Alright, now it's your turn. Turn off the Billy-Graham-Crusade videos you have your "saving souls" jerk-fest to, and actually interact with the REAL questions you will be bound to get asked by people even smarter and more studious than me.

By the way... you know that "snark", etc await people who... blah, blah, blah.

You're fucking right, it awaits. You're coming here to do something that will likely trigger powerful reactions in people who spent years being abused and abusing their own sanity in the fucked-up cult you call Christianity. Expect nothing even remotely approaching civility from me.

"I'm not one of those who is bothered by Xmas..."

Goody for you, dipshit. You're SO open-minded and easygoing. No wonder we all left the faith... we never met The World's Most Interesting Christard!

"I cannot convince you with reason of what I have experienced firsthand."

That, asshole, is because you cannot prove by use of reason things which are by their definition UNREASONABLE, you fucking twat.

I am half looking forward to shredding your idiotic religious beliefs which seem to require that you shove them under our noses, but honestly, my greater desire is that your sojourn here is over already, or is soon to end.

Go masturbate to your serve-the-king-on-your-knees fantasies somewhere else, you emasculated moron.

• Like 7

One post? That was brave of him. 

What shall we write on his epitaph? 

Guest Furball

If he cares even for me, then why did he put the tree in the garden in the first? 

Think about it. Oh wait, christians don't think, that's why they're christians. 

Guest Furball

MoreThanYouSee,

Welcome to the Lion's Den. 

Yes I second that! We need more uneducated loons in here telling us how much god love us inspite of the fact that the bible says that it's god who hates us and put us in this hellbound condition in the first place. If you lack critical thinking skills, possess a general intolerance for reality, and just flat out refuse to learn any truth about your false man made beliefs, not to mention if you're a cherry picking christian like the others on here, then please come back and discuss your embarrassing myths. 

MoreThanYouSee,

You're beliefs are motivated by fear and, perhaps an addiction to the euforia that engulfs one who is under the spell of the indoctrination. This is temporary to one degree or another.

The relief that comes with the realization that xianity is a myth and that you are not going to burn in hell for ever, is more permanent. As is the myriad of emotions and experiences that accompany enlightenment and the associated freedom. This is because the latter is real.

There are people and other resources here, or found via this site, that can assist you with losing the shackles of the indoctrination. I beseech you to avail yourself of some of them.

Have a lovely day!

Man. I've been known to be somewhat long-winded from time to time, but that was some next level shit right there.

tl;dr: I believe, and you should too.

• Like 1

1 post + 39 responses = hit-and-run troll. He's probably excited to see how he stirred up the nest.

In the wild he would have been a deer wandering into a pack of wolves. I think we totally and utterly shredded any semblance of Christianity he had.

Our work here is done.

1 post + 39 responses = hit-and-run troll. He's probably excited to see how he stirred up the nest.

I hope he sleeps well tonight, well assured he's saved yet another soul gone astray. He is pleased with himself, and so is God. 

To those who have never believed, who have never been Christian, but are here because they wish to participate in a community that opposes Jesus Christ, Christianity, Jebus, Biblegod, doG, RaptorJesus, or simple, foolish people, I only ask that you consider your way this day and ask yourself why you continue to allow yourself to be defined by something you either hate or are simply convinced does not exist.

I oppose Christianity because it is immoral at its core -- eternal punishment for finite crimes, requiring acceptance of a human sacrifice to escape that punishment.  Christianity has also set the progress of humanity back many centuries by attacking science and human rights, and even today there are numerous believers interfering in the lives of non-believers.

The existence or nonexistence of your alleged god is not the issue.  It's the real-world behaviours of certain believers that I despise and oppose.

At least I've given you something different from the same old pleas.

Nope, just the same tired old crap that we usually get from god-botherers.

If you have not heard all this before it is merely because God does not place many restrictions upon salvation: There is no IQ test to gain everlasting life. But because He cares even for you, He sends this message to you today.

No, mortal, *you* are the one sending this message.

I am also not interested in everlasting life and unequivocally and eternally refuse the sick and demented "salvation" that your cult offers.

• Like 1

You never addressed those who left Christianity because of their search for the truth, and the more they searched the more they found that their once held dear beliefs were built on the quicksand of faith and misinformation. You speak of those who left because of pain caused by religion, but you didn't speak of those who literally found their souls ripped out as they realized they could no longer believe in God because of the weight of evidence against God.

That's exactly what I was going to point out. How convenient for him to do the typical Christian apologetics approach that completely ignores the fact that there are sound, logical reasons to leave the faith. I wasn't hurt by the church or looking for an excuse to sin or any of the other things claimed in the OP. I read, studied and memorized the Bible as a fervent believer desiring to grow closer to God. That was my whole passion. I was completely stunned to my core when I started discovering that Christianity has enormous flaws that completely destroy it.

Just for the record, I privately messaged MoreThanYouSee ten days ago and so far... no response.

His post counter remains set at 1 and he's opted to make the Last Active function on his profile page, 'Private'.

Which means that nobody can tell if he's even paid a return visit to Ex-C since starting this thread, two weeks ago.

These omens suggest that he is a textbook hit-and-run troll.

Thanks,

BAA.