Goodbye Jesus

Do You Ever Wonder If Christianity Is True?

Fweethawt

How did you know what I was going to answer?

are-you-wizard.jpg

• Like 1

It does seem like the end times right now?? Donald Trump or Hilary may be that wolf in sheep's clothing that they talk about in the bible ..Wendytwitch.gif

One of them may be the Antichrist!!!  eek.gif

When I was younger I questioned whether Christianity was true.  That was a natural response to the religious indoctrination and related peer pressure I received as a child.

• Super Moderator

Define "true".

No

No. It's absolutely preposterous.

It does seem like the end times right now?? Donald Trump or Hilary may be that wolf in sheep's clothing that they talk about in the bible ..Wendytwitch.gif

Margee I just 'came out' to my parents and one of the first questions was "don't you believe in Armageddon, can't you see the world preparing for WW3?"

I said no, not the biblical one, humans are doing what humans do - just this time their weapons carry the potential to wipe the planet of life. That doesn't make the Bible true, nor the 'prophesy'.

I stopped short of pointing out to Dad that he has been calling every president the potential Antichrist or some-such since Bush biggrin.png

PS, Do you ever wonder if zoroastrianism is true? I didn't think so either :D

• Like 1

One of them may be the Antichrist!!!  :eek

My memory is a bit hazy, but doesn't the book of revelation say that the anti Christ would be an orange faced buffoon , with tiny hands, thin hair and even thinner skin

• Super Moderator

Sometimes I wonder if maybe, just maybe, some of those stories about Bigfoot and Nessie might be true. Christianity? No, I've done my homework on that one.

Castiel233

One of them may be the Antichrist!!! :eek

My memory is a bit hazy, but doesn't the book of revelation say that the anti Christ would be an orange faced buffoon , with tiny hands, thin hair and even thinner skin

You seriously need to read the Bible - Revelations clearly states a cruel woman would rise. This is clearly Hillary! tongue.png

And you can see folks how easy it is to take something in the Bible, then shoehorn in an event to make "prophesy fulfilled". They've been doing that since man started writing the Bible.

• Super Moderator

Every bit as much as I think Islam is true.

Sure... then I start wondering if BeeBop The Dancing Rabbit-Frog is real, too.

Or Woz The Magnificent, all-powerful ruler of Flushia, a planet shaped like a toilet.

Perhaps XChe8dej#6 equals spinach, too.

12 forgotten yesterday afternoon will you or not?

Yes.

Coo-backy-wa-do-mo-shekka-loo.

See? None of that shit makes any fucking sense, either.

One of them may be the Antichrist!!!  :eek

No, the blessed book describes our wonderful Savior as living in a light that is so white that no one can look upon it. He comes from the skies with a new name written on his thigh, and I saw in a prophecy that the new name was Trump.

All kidding aside, keep this crap out of the Lion's Den, 'k? 

Castiel233

You seriously need to read the Bible - Revelations clearly states a cruel woman would rise. This is clearly Hillary! tongue.png

And you can see folks how easy it is to take something in the Bible, then shoehorn in an event to make "prophesy fulfilled". They've been doing that since man started writing the Bible.

A Cruel Woman would arise? That's in Revelation?  I think you mean the Whore of Babylon.  Hillary is a little more evil than "Cruel Woman".

Again, must it come here? 

And you, young lady. You started this.  

Of course, you're the only one I would trust right now to tell me if I have lost my sense of humor over this, or if BAA and myself should get together to build a wall to keep politics out of the Lion's Den lest it get overrun with the Best Election Ever.

Me neither... smile.png

Not anymore now, but I did after I first deconverted.

Castiel233

A Cruel Woman would arise? That's in Revelation?  I think you mean the Whore of Babylon.  Hillary is a little more evil than "Cruel Woman".

Excuse me, I was tying this into how Christians take stuff from the Bible and shoehorn it to say "prophesy fulfilled" - that's actually gonna happen. There was no political speech in my post.

.... on reflection I believe I may be quoting an evangelist... who said it was in Revelation.... standby mission control.. oh yes here it is - here is the summary. Take note folks this is the teaching of the kind of church I have been involved in.

"Then there arose in the United States a most beautiful woman clothed in splendor, and great power was given to her. She was lovely of feature but there was a hardness about her that defied description. Beautiful as she was, she was yet cruel, wicked and cunning. She dominated the land with her authority, she had complete power over the people. The vision indicated that either such a woman would literally arise or that this woman of the vision was merely a type of an organization which is scripturally characterized by a female. Though the voice did not speak out and reveal who she was, he felt in his heart that this woman represented the rising Roman Catholic Church, and he inserted in parenthesis beside at the end of this vision which he had written out, (perhaps the Catholic church)." 6th 'vision' of William M Branham

So I do apologize, I got weird vision stuff mixed up with weird revelations stuff... but I could swear he tied it it into revelations .. yes the 17th chapter.... and yes that is the Whore of Babylon.

How does that tie into do I believe in Christianity? Well just look at that quote - that's Christianity.. or a form of it. Do you believe it? Me neither.

Oh stuff me, I've misread the OP question. I guess I still do wonder... but more a cursory thought like, well is there a God? I always come back to no, not that I can tell.

When I was younger, yes. All the adults acted like they believed it was true, so as a youngster you think, "Why would they lie about something that important?"

I wonder about lots of things. Not that though...

• 2 weeks later...

The only time I wondered if Christianity might be true was during my deconversion phase. Before that, due to my upbringing, I was 100% convinced that it was true. After my deconversion, I was and still am 100% convinced that it's not true. I've learned way too much to ever go back to even wondering if it may be true. It isn't. Period.

Castiel233

Excuse me, I was tying this into how Christians take stuff from the Bible and shoehorn it to say "prophesy fulfilled" - that's actually gonna happen. There was no political speech in my post.

.... on reflection I believe I may be quoting an evangelist... who said it was in Revelation.... standby mission control.. oh yes here it is - here is the summary. Take note folks this is the teaching of the kind of church I have been involved in.

"Then there arose in the United States a most beautiful woman clothed in splendor, and great power was given to her. She was lovely of feature but there was a hardness about her that defied description. Beautiful as she was, she was yet cruel, wicked and cunning. She dominated the land with her authority, she had complete power over the people. The vision indicated that either such a woman would literally arise or that this woman of the vision was merely a type of an organization which is scripturally characterized by a female. Though the voice did not speak out and reveal who she was, he felt in his heart that this woman represented the rising Roman Catholic Church, and he inserted in parenthesis beside at the end of this vision which he had written out, (perhaps the Catholic church)." 6th 'vision' of William M Branham

So I do apologize, I got weird vision stuff mixed up with weird revelations stuff... but I could swear he tied it it into revelations .. yes the 17th chapter.... and yes that is the Whore of Babylon.

How does that tie into do I believe in Christianity? Well just look at that quote - that's Christianity.. or a form of it. Do you believe it? Me neither.

Oh stuff me, I've misread the OP question. I guess I still do wonder... but more a cursory thought like, well is there a God? I always come back to no, not that I can tell.

LF, I'm the one that should apologize to you, and I do. I guess I just got jumpy because even though politics and religion are tied together, I didn't want to see the current US election arguments come here to the Den.

I do believe I jumped the gun, and I hope you take no offence at my post. 

duderonomy

LF, I'm the one that should apologize to you, and I do. I guess I just got jumpy because even though politics and religion are tied together, I didn't want to see the current US election arguments come here to the Den.

I do believe I jumped the gun, and I hope you take no offence at my post.

Not at all bud. I try and have a thick skin in the den and not take offense, or take things personally. As you can see, I fire back when I think I need to. smile.png

Totally agree with you - much of this site is full of politics in nearly every forum. In this case though, I think where it concerns people warbling about apocalyptic prophesises coming true then it is Den material.

Cheers dude, and thanks for your consideration.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...