Goodbye Jesus

Israel

ironhorse

• Super Moderator

Why doesn't the bible mention god blessing the Irish?  After all, they gave us Bono, Guinness, and Peterson Pipes, all of which have proven more useful than jesus.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Why doesn't the bible mention god blessing the Irish?  After all, they gave us Bono, Guinness, and Peterson Pipes, all of which have proven more useful than jesus.

Oh Professor, you know how it works. People pay the blessing forward and more good stuff happens.

Speaking of Guinness, do a Google search >> The story of God and Guinness

It's a good read.

8 hours ago, ironhorse said:

BAA, 

My first post in this thread:

A thread on all things Israel.

I thought I would start with this promised blessing from Genesis 12:

‘’…and all peoples on earth

will be blessed through you.”

I did NOT say this was the ONLY BLESSING in Gen.12:3.

I have stated that this blessings in Genesis 12 : 3 not only refers to the Jews but also to Jesus, the ultimate blessing.

Then you should go back and change the wording of your opening post, Ironhorse.  Here's all of what you wrote. 

Posted November 2, 2016 · Report post

I think we can agree that the world has benefited and been enriched by the Jewish peoples contributions and achievements in literature, music, technology, science, and medicine.

You did not refer to Jesus as being the ultimate blessing in your OP

Your OP still needs to be changed so that anyone reading it will not wrongly conclude that Genesis 12 : 3 refers only to the Jewish people.

Your OP directly connects Genesis 12 : 3 to only the Jewish and makes no mention of Jesus.

Please make the necessary change to your OP Ironhorse.

• 3 months later...

I am not enriched by the presence of Israel. It is an abomination, established by those given to superstition and by those who employed mass murder-Jews were the first to employ suicide bombing as a means of attack and murder. They continue to oppress the Palestinians. I find no merit in an Israel.

• 4 months later...

These are the last three paragraphs from Mark Twain article concerning the Jewish people first published in Harper's Magazine, March, 1898.

Twain was a agonistic and no friend of Christianity, but he did acknowledge the contributions

the Jews have and continue to make in the world.

If interested, a link to the entire article is posted.

To conclude. - If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one per cent. of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star-dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way. Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of; but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk. His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also away out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers.

He has made a marvellous fight in this world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it. The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed, and made a vast noise, and they are gone; other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, or have vanished.

The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality? 

https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1898twain-jews.asp

On 22/03/2017 at 7:04 PM, bornagainathiest said:

Then you should go back and change the wording of your opening post, Ironhorse.  Here's all of what you wrote. 

Posted November 2, 2016 · Report post

I think we can agree that the world has benefited and been enriched by the Jewish peoples contributions and achievements in literature, music, technology, science, and medicine.

You did not refer to Jesus as being the ultimate blessing in your OP

Your OP still needs to be changed so that anyone reading it will not wrongly conclude that Genesis 12 : 3 refers only to the Jewish people.

Your OP directly connects Genesis 12 : 3 to only the Jewish and makes no mention of Jesus.

Please make the necessary change to your OP Ironhorse.

(Bumped fro Ironhorse's attention.)