Problem With Forums

willybilly30

I am on many forums and long ago i was active

but, now that i got an ipad

seems the forums are slow or act really weird

i tried it on safari, chrome and firefox

i wish there was an app to stick ever forum i am in

i can only find apps that have their own special forums too join

that might be nice but, i have hundreds all accross the internet i would like to get back too

including this one of course

Since, this is a forum amd I hope i am not the only one with an ipad

ihope some one can help.

Goodbye Jesus

Websites must be built specifically to deal with the various device platforms. You have different versions for cell phones, Ipads/tablets, computers etc. in order for content and functions to display and work correctly.

If site is not built to show correctly on the various platforms then you get issues such as you describe.

Forums are an older social media platform. I still think they are better than new media platforms for serious discussion, but that's me. As a result fewer forums are built or upgraded to deal with all the different devices available.

Hope that helps.

(Source: My father is a website designer... as well as being a pastor!)

Websites must be built specifically to deal with the various device platforms. You have different versions for cell phones, Ipads/tablets, computers etc. in order for content and functions to display and work correctly.If site is not built to show correctly on the various platforms then you get issues such as you describe.Forums are an older social media platform. I still think they are better than new media platforms for serious discussion, but that's me. As a result fewer forums are built or upgraded to deal with all the different devices available.Hope that helps.(Source: My father is a website designer... as well as being a pastor!)

So, exchristian.net is not built for ipad? what do i do about it?

• Super Moderator

Works fine on a Kindle. Maybe Apple is the problem? Nah! Couldn't be!!! zDuivel7.gif

Works fine on a Kindle. Maybe Apple is the problem? Nah! Couldn't be!!! :Duivel7:

kindle works great with books. i wish i had one of those kindle ipad looking thins

apple sucks i guess

I'm not saying its the forum is not built for various devices, I'm saying that it could be the issue.

Of course the issue could be your Ipad.... I think florduh hit on it - Apple could be the issue.

(Disclaimer anti apple guy here)

I'm not saying its the forum is not built for various devices, I'm saying that it could be the issue.Of course the issue could be your Ipad.... I think florduh hit on it - Apple could be the issue.(Disclaimer anti apple guy here)

it maybe, i know safari don't know what to do with the internet it will refresh pages and all kinds of crap

someday i hope to find something better

using iphone ipad for this forum. no issues at all

what's the beef again?

Same here. What exactly is the problem and maybe we can troube shoot it for you.

It is working better than it was. but awhile ago it seemed slow.

Is it cause its late a night and some are in bed?

It was down for me too for the last couple of hours.

i am glad it is ok now.

Sounds like an internet issue, not an iPad issue. Sometimes it does slow down a bit. Sometimes, though, I find it does help to do a full shut down of my iPad. When it reboots it's fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like an internet issue, not an iPad issue. Sometimes it does slow down a bit. Sometimes, though, I find it does help to do a full shut down of my iPad. When it reboots it's fine.

rebooting iPad does seem to solve most problems