Goodbye Jesus

What Do You Think Of Satanism?

willybilly30

I have studied many religions but, this one i think i really like.

I been reading The Satanic Bible and Talking to people on Satanic Philosopy abd Education about it.

I love the idea that we are human with human feelings and desires

Guess, what? That is ok, in this religion

I am bisexual..no problem

I am not married and have sex no big deal

I can do whatever i want to really cause it is natural

You are your own God

If course you know you can only blame your self you get in jail or do someone wrong and fell guilty

The Satanic Bible does have laws and stuff I agree with

I am not really Atheist but, they got Theistic Satanism I wish i knew more on that

But, Satans like a friend not a dictator God whose gonna burn you if you do wrong

I dunno i like Wicca and Buddhism too

But, not much of a problem some are into that

I do not like the Wiccan rede tho

I dunno it is really not acceptable..i bet they face predjudice and hate more than anyone

well, they do actually but, not sure more than anyone

Man, i got so much religious stuff in the house

I was into Christian Wicca but, I just don't like Christianty

Some of Jesus stuff is good but, i think i could fit it on one paper

Also, Satanism teaches basicly, to give people what they give you

You slap me on the cheek i slap you

makes more sense than turn the other cheek ever has

But, i dunno

Lavey don't believe in a God or afterlife

but, when i think about there is not much proof of it

So, why bother worrying about it?

I am still studying i have not made any decisions yet

I bet people here think they are evil and sacrifice babies or something

No they don't and I tell you one thing they are really nice people

I have met a few assholes but, nothing compared to Christianity.

just saying

Laveyan Satanism has always come across to me as a club for hedonists.  Some of their events give them an excuse to get naked and/or party.  I've enjoyed seeing them build statues in protest against Christian symbols violating the separation of church and state.

• Like 1

I suppose if you need to be part of a group or something that spells out a life path, or gives you emotional permission to be yourself. Satan is as fictitious as Yahweh or Ra, so anything they invented for their book is just humans trying to be something "other" than the invented Christian path.

"I bet people here think they are evil and sacrifice babies or something" No, we really aren't that stupid. Most of us are rather bright, and many of us are acquainted with the beliefs and practices of other paths.

Do as you will. I have found lately that I prefer to choose kindness over vengeance. My natural inclination towards dwelling on sour events or people only made me angry and unhappy. I choose now to purposefully let go of a lot of shit, if it isn't too significant to ignore. Some things require a hard response, but most of the stuff I get daily I can ride like a wave and keep going. I rest easier when I'm not mentally replaying sour events and dwelling on the attitudes of others I don't like.

• Like 5

I used to be a LaVey then later Theistic Satanist, but I just grew out of it. I went as far down the path as I could go, and then something else happened. The short of it is that it is just mashup of Ayn Rand, Nietzsche, Ragnar Redbeard, and a smattering of basic ritual magic w/Enochian borrowings. It is atheist-friendly and mostly a philosophy based on materialism + the idea of ubermensch, Satan seen only as a symbol of intellectual rebellion as it were. Oh, and they do wear black a lot, so that is a plus. Anyway, it's not about hedonism really, but rather epicureanism and resisting the status quo.

However, my spiritual path has taken me far away from this now and I've embraced Druidry as my spiritual nature allowed me to feel the connections between myself and others. There is no dogma with that either, but it doesn't have any of the skeletons in the closet that attach themselves to the name of Satanism. Mostly, my argument against the Satanists would just be that they seem to be unhappy and mean folks -- it even made me unhappy and mean, lol.

• Like 1

I would have to ask why join any religion? What's the benefit? Is it not better to find community around reality rather than made up stuff?

Personally if I did follow a 'spiritual' path I think I'd tend towards a mindfulness and peace with self and others belief. Some aspects of Jainism come to mind.

• Like 2

I would have to ask why join any religion? What's the benefit? Is it not better to find community around reality rather than made up stuff?

Personally if I did follow a 'spiritual' path I think I'd tend towards a mindfulness and peace with self and others belief. Some aspects of Jainism come to mind.

Satanism isn't really a religion in the atheistic sense, just a philosophy. It's not something you really join, it's just something you take as a creed. Theistically, it's basically a dogma-free endeavor and sort of roll your own but you could be anything a devil worshipper (NOT the Christian idea, as confusing as that is...), to someone who is agnostic but feels Satan as a "wellspring of hidden knowledge", etc. Neither believe in the Christian devil concept per se.

As far as joining things, I'm a non-joiner and pretty private about my spirituality but I align with certain things so I'm not hanging out to get friends. I signed up with a druid order in about April of last year, and got into it for a couple of months. Walked away, and came back a few months later. Now I know it's what I wanted, but at first I was just dabbling. :D Druidry is a philosophy, but also a religion if you decide that its expression is as such to you. Many of us are atheists, animists, Wiccans, and Christians as well -- it's not a contest, all of these ideas are allowed, no dogma either. Some syncretism as a individual druid sees fit. It is a manner of Neo-Shamanism applied to modern times, and as such isn't really a religion as a way to practice it. :D

It's not really that I need Druidry, it's just that what I would be doing would be Druidry even without it -- make any sense? :D

Totally, and as long as there not a dogma you MUST follow, I see no harm in it. I guess just for me, I don't see the point, but I could be coming off the back of my very recent deconversion so haven't... found myself yet? :)

Heck I might go SJW snowflake yet! (If I do, shoot me ok? It wouldn't be fair to let me suffer in such a way :D)

• Like 1

Laveyan Satanism has always come across to me as a club for hedonists.  Some of their events give them an excuse to get naked and/or party.  I've enjoyed seeing them build statues in protest against Christian symbols violating the separation of church and state.

I love the. Baphomet at the court house The SatanicTemple did.

It's like hey you going to bring your religion in there so, are we

Thing is Christians hate it so, much they back out

The Satanic Temple has done many things like this

Um what is so, bad about naked partying?

if yout doing it so much your not taking care of yourself i see that as wrong

but, if you can afford it and do it ever saturday i don't

I suppose if you need to be part of a group or something that spells out a life path, or gives you emotional permission to be yourself. Satan is as fictitious as Yahweh or Ra, so anything they invented for their book is just humans trying to be something "other" than the invented Christian path.

"I bet people here think they are evil and sacrifice babies or something" No, we really aren't that stupid. Most of us are rather bright, and many of us are acquainted with the beliefs and practices of other paths.

Do as you will. I have found lately that I prefer to choose kindness over vengeance. My natural inclination towards dwelling on sour events or people only made me angry and unhappy. I choose now to purposefully let go of a lot of shit, if it isn't too significant to ignore. Some things require a hard response, but most of the stuff I get daily I can ride like a wave and keep going. I rest easier when I'm not mentally replaying sour events and dwelling on the attitudes of others I don't like.

Don't really want to argue on Satan being fictious

I am interested how you let go of bad memories and hatred tho

I used to be a LaVey then later Theistic Satanist, but I just grew out of it. I went as far down the path as I could go, and then something else happened. The short of it is that it is just mashup of Ayn Rand, Nietzsche, Ragnar Redbeard, and a smattering of basic ritual magic w/Enochian borrowings. It is atheist-friendly and mostly a philosophy based on materialism + the idea of ubermensch, Satan seen only as a symbol of intellectual rebellion as it were. Oh, and they do wear black a lot, so that is a plus. Anyway, it's not about hedonism really, but rather epicureanism and resisting the status quo.

However, my spiritual path has taken me far away from this now and I've embraced Druidry as my spiritual nature allowed me to feel the connections between myself and others. There is no dogma with that either, but it doesn't have any of the skeletons in the closet that attach themselves to the name of Satanism. Mostly, my argument against the Satanists would just be that they seem to be unhappy and mean folks -- it even made me unhappy and mean, lol.

The Satanists in the group i am in seem very nice and very happy

Now, i do see an angry edgy person ever once in awhile

I like all that stuff you mentioned

But, Druidry sounds interesting i may look that up

I like the idea of mindulness and peace

i want peace

i guess i feel like i need guidance, a God to talk to, and i like rituals

believing i have power over my life

Totally, and as long as there not a dogma you MUST follow, I see no harm in it. I guess just for me, I don't see the point, but I could be coming off the back of my very recent deconversion so haven't... found myself yet? smile.png

Heck I might go SJW snowflake yet! (If I do, shoot me ok? It wouldn't be fair to let me suffer in such a way biggrin.png)

I can understand the issue completely, and see absolutely no reason to force it. I just followed my instincts and ended up where I am, but other people like cold logic. Personally, I see no reason to "preach my path" as I realize that the variables that have drawn me to it are non-existent for others.

The Satanists in the group i am in seem very nice and very happy

Now, i do see an angry edgy person ever once in awhile

I like all that stuff you mentioned

But, Druidry sounds interesting i may look that up

------------------------

Do whatever feels right, honestly. For the longest time the Satanism was that thing, but then I found there was a spiritual void in the material and the more I sought it or questioned about it, the more I was berated by my "peers". Eventually, I just rejected even what they had to say because I saw the rules and those felt like a dogma, but they weren't honest enough to admit it. biggrin.png

• Like 1

"I am interested how you let go of bad memories and hatred tho"

Choice is our most powerful ability. There are times when I find myself replaying some stupid event over and over, imagining myself responding this way or that, and when I become aware that I am letting it get to me, I turn my mind and emotions to something else like nature. My natural inclination to some stupid behaviors by others is to react with intense emotion, and that usually clouds my judgment and I find myself spending hours ruminating on it instead of turning my mind and emotions to something peaceful.

Examples,

1. I was driving to work and the left lane is backed up for a quarter mile going onto a bridge to the next state. Idiots will stop in the right lane and want to cut into line near the turnoff, making the rest of us have to slam on our brakes for their foolish rudeness. I can choose to blow a fuse and react, or simply go around and keep going to work.

2. I also have a coworker who is an asshole to me most of the time. The only time he isn't is if there is a technical problem we both have to deal with, then we work together fine and get it solved. I can let his attitude get to me and simmer, or I can ignore him and do my job. I did once bring it to my bosses attention because he was making a hostile workplace environment, and the next step was HR. That got his attention for a while.

3. I had a guy run his shopping cart into me a couple of times on purpose telling me to go faster. I could have shot and killed him at that point (and gone to prison). I played that twilight-zone scene over and over for about a year trying to figure out what the hell happened. I concluded it must have been someone from my grade school days that used to bully me and recognized me. Otherwise I can't fathom who would do that. But I really was ready to shoot him dead, but instead let it go and went home. Every time I fantasized about a violent encounter, I would lose in the outcome. Even spiritual cursing doesn't seem to do anything but make me dwell on stuff that I don't want to embody.

So I guess my path now is deciding what choices and emotions I want to embody, and taking steps away from the other choices. Anything that will take me away from my goal is wasted time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"I am interested how you let go of bad memories and hatred tho"

Choice is our most powerful ability. There are times when I find myself replaying some stupid event over and over, imagining myself responding this way or that, and when I become aware that I am letting it get to me, I turn my mind and emotions to something else like nature. My natural inclination to some stupid behaviors by others is to react with intense emotion, and that usually clouds my judgment and I find myself spending hours ruminating on it instead of turning my mind and emotions to something peaceful.

Examples,

1. I was driving to work and the left lane is backed up for a quarter mile going onto a bridge to the next state. Idiots will stop in the right lane and want to cut into line near the turnoff, making the rest of us have to slam on our brakes for their foolish rudeness. I can choose to blow a fuse and react, or simply go around and keep going to work.

2. I also have a coworker who is an asshole to me most of the time. The only time he isn't is if there is a technical problem we both have to deal with, then we work together fine and get it solved. I can let his attitude get to me and simmer, or I can ignore him and do my job. I did once bring it to my bosses attention because he was making a hostile workplace environment, and the next step was HR. That got his attention for a while.

3. I had a guy run his shopping cart into me a couple of times on purpose telling me to go faster. I could have shot and killed him at that point (and gone to prison). I played that twilight-zone scene over and over for about a year trying to figure out what the hell happened. I concluded it must have been someone from my grade school days that used to bully me and recognized me. Otherwise I can't fathom who would do that. But I really was ready to shoot him dead, but instead let it go and went home. Every time I fantasized about a violent encounter, I would lose in the outcome. Even spiritual cursing doesn't seem to do anything but make me dwell on stuff that I don't want to embody.

So I guess my path now is deciding what choices and emotions I want to embody, and taking steps away from the other choices. Anything that will take me away from my goal is wasted time.

I do that..replaying over and over what someone done and what I would like to do back.

Guess, it is pretty useless to do that

I like the idea of thinking of nature as you listed In the gods part communing with nature

nature is a beautiful thing I should not waste time dwelling in ugly things

I hope you can get away from your co worker somehow

I know a few people who follow Satanism, to different degrees, and they seem very happy, and that it brings them a sense of peace. It is very different, and definitely intrigues me. I think there are many ''belief systems'' where you can draw something from it that's good. 

I've read the Satanic Bible and the Satanic Rituals twice.  My overwhelming impression is that it tries to be something it is not.  For a basically humanist outlook that adheres to ritual simply to answer a human need, the rituals seem overdone and to assume a level on supernatural reality that is unnecessary.  Of course, it can be objected that no ritual is useful unless you believe it at the time.  In which case, the whole thing seems based on self deception at worst, and to be an undeveloped version of Chaos Magic at best.

I also get the impression that LaVey tried to be a sort of poor imitation of Aleister Crowley

Maybe I misunderstand and do LaVey and the LaVeyans an injustice, but it would not be for me as a religious/philosophical path.  Were I an atheist, I would pursue humanism for preference.  Were I interested in the practice of ritual without any religious underpinning, I would look into Chaos Magic.  In any event, by owning the name of "Satanist", I would be concerned that I'm yielding a point on the validity of Abrahamic monotheism generally and Christianity in particular.  There would be no concept of Satan or Satanism without it, after all.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've read the Satanic Bible and the Satanic Rituals twice.  My overwhelming impression is that it tries to be something it is not.  For a basically humanist outlook that adheres to ritual simply to answer a human need, the rituals seem overdone and to assume a level on supernatural reality that is unnecessary.  Of course, it can be objected that no ritual is useful unless you believe it at the time.  In which case, the whole thing seems based on self deception at worst, and to be an undeveloped version of Chaos Magic at best.

I also get the impression that LaVey tried to be a sort of poor imitation of Aleister Crowley

Maybe I misunderstand and do LaVey and the LaVeyans an injustice, but it would not be for me as a religious/philosophical path.  Were I an atheist, I would pursue humanism for preference.  Were I interested in the practice of ritual without any religious underpinning, I would look into Chaos Magic.  In any event, by owning the name of "Satanist", I would be concerned that I'm yielding a point on the validity of Abrahamic monotheism generally and Christianity in particular.  There would be no concept of Satan or Satanism without it, after all.

Not really, most Satanists do not believe in the Judeo-Christian interpretation of Satan. I considered myself theistic for awhile, and I felt the Bible was riddled with erroneous information so I didn't base any of my beliefs on it. (Still do, Satan or not... biggrin.png) Chaos magic still involves "a belief in magic", so there is a belief just not a dogma. People love throwing that word humanism around without realizing that it relies drastically on materialistic and reductionist hubris to define what amiable goals are or acceptable beliefs - aka forming a dogma based on other criteria. My personal experiences wouldn't be so easily contained, so I reject humanism. biggrin.png Really, I just reject dogma at all... :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect chaos magic rather requires a belief in whatever it is you are doing at the time that you are doing it.  To what extent any individual can maintain that sort of anarchic thinking is another matter.

I tend to agree with what you say about humanism - but still suspect that, were my approach atheistic, that would be the path I'd wander down, and it still seems to me to be at the heart of what LaVeyan Satanism claims to be, if in a somewhat extreme form which is more concerned with self interest than in being "amiable".

Be careful about your rejection of dogma, however.  I'm not questioning that as your position, but I have known people who have been surprisingly... dogmatic... about similar ideas. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, been on a long hiatus off forum. Come back, look at the spirituality section and find that the whole forum is locked down except for a Satanic thread. 

Wendyshrug.gif

Yup, no one has been active on the other threads for over thirty days. That's why we bump threads we want to stay active. You can still post new topics.

Wow, been on a long hiatus off forum. Come back, look at the spirituality section and find that the whole forum is locked down except for a Satanic thread. 

Wendyshrug.gif

Welcome back, Josh!  :)

Ok, thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...

Satanism is a religion.

As a christian I was terrified of it. Now I don't much care. I wonder if GW Bush is a secret society satanist. And who else at the top of US power? Probably a few.

And what is this Illuminati thing? It seems related somehow. Not sure. I haven't looked into it much.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't understand it until a few years ago, when a friend of mine who follows it, explained it to me. It seems interesting, and not at all ''evil'' which is a common misunderstanding. My friend who has followed this for a while, said he's never been happier and more at peace. I guess I view faith and spirituality as it should bring the person some type of joy, or peace in your life and it seems to have that component to it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.