Goodbye Jesus

What Do You Think Of Satanism?

willybilly30

Well, I say all Stainist can go to hell. :P <_<

I had to read that twice as I thought initially you were saying all Stalinists can go to hell...!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Satanism would not exist if it were not for Christianity. 

• Like 2

I find that the symbolism ruins it for me, never mind the actual tenets.

As a former Christian, I associate the concept of Satan with something very negative, because that's basically all Christianity defines it to be.

It's rather different from other things that Christianity rejects – I embrace self-interest, for instance, and I think sexuality and material wealth are both great, and all of these things are quite integral parts of human nature.

But Satan is nothing but a Christian symbol of evil. Not of humankind or of human values, but solely a symbol of that which Christianity rejects.

To see it through my eyes, imagine you had just left orthodox Judaism and were presented with an opposing belief system called Hitlerism, that promoted, surprisingly, personal freedom and peace on Earth.

It could be ever so nice, but the name and occasional use of nazi symbols would be a bit of a dealbreaker to a lot of people.

That's not to say I intend to make myself the judge of their ideology, whatever it may be.

It's rather that Satanism, by defining itself in terms of, not only Christian symbolism, but the part of Christian symbolism most loaded with negativity, reminds me too much of the parts of Christianity that ruined it for me to begin with.

On 3/11/2017 at 2:34 PM, Ellinas said:

I had to read that twice as I thought initially you were saying all Stalinists can go to hell...!

Damn commie satanists! They took away prayer in school and now we have Trump as president and vegetarians are making everything gluten free. What was the question again?

16 hours ago, Fuego said:

Damn commie satanists! They took away prayer in school and now we have Trump as president and vegetarians are making everything gluten free. What was the question again?

They took away prayer in schools and made em learn stuff instead. wtf. :)

• 2 weeks later...

RE: The OP

Not much.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.