Goodbye Jesus

In A Believer's Mind

lethargicsweetheart

Hey, good on you, glad to see you weren't another hit and run. I'll admit my response was a bit tinted by that possibility. Any abrasiveness on my part was aimed at Mr. Pascal's application of a false dichotomy as an argument for believing in Christianity without any actual evidence. As brilliant as his work in maths and physics may have been, I really don't like his wager.

Anyway, welcome to... Wherever the hell you are now. Go forth and amuse thyself. Learn. Strive to always be free of dogma. Or, you know, whatever. That can work too.

• Like 2

And after long weeks of contemplation, I came to the conclusion that my religion was, in fact, complete and total baloney.

Praise the Lard, and bless the holy farter, to quote Bro Jeff. You have seen the light.

There were so many things I was over looking, and logic often times escaped me, I'll admit.

Its an acquired skill, using logic to cut through the B/S we are taught as children. Hone this skill, use it often, and it will become second nature.

I posted this because I noticed several people asking others why they kept their faith, not because I was trying to evangelize- but in the end, the only thing keeping me religious at all was fear. Fear of hell, fear of change, etc. That's why I was so indecisive- when I joined this site I called myself an agnostic, then my family stepped in so I started doubting myself and changed it to Christian, but my heart wasn't in it. I was honestly, completely, 100% confused. So I decided I needed to figure out then and there what I truly believed, not my family. I posted this as kind of an experiment, to see what made everyone leave the religion and decide if I should, too. So, again, I say thank you. There is nothing I strive for more than to have a mind that is open about anything around me, and this website and the people on it have helped me with that more than anything.

Yes fear can cripple you. I'm so glad you have been able fight past it and evaluate things clearly.

I've been reading through different forums and testimonies and have yet to find a single unintelligent person on here.

Oh they exist, just hard to find wink.png hehe

Everyone is so full of passion and logic here. I love it. Thank you all for the comments, the constructive criticism, and the role you played in helping me make my decision. ☺

You are welcome, glad we could help another searching person, and I'm glad this site helped you like it helped, and continues to help me. I'd suggest sticking around, reading what others post, engaging in the discussions. You especially learn a lot from reading the Lions Den and the Science vs Religion forums.

• Like 1

And after long weeks of contemplation, I came to the conclusion that my religion was, in fact, complete and total baloney.

Praise the Lard, and bless the holy farter, to quote Bro Jeff. You have seen the light.

There were so many things I was over looking, and logic often times escaped me, I'll admit.

Its an acquired skill, using logic to cut through the B/S we are taught as children. Hone this skill, use it often, and it will become second nature.

I posted this because I noticed several people asking others why they kept their faith, not because I was trying to evangelize- but in the end, the only thing keeping me religious at all was fear. Fear of hell, fear of change, etc. That's why I was so indecisive- when I joined this site I called myself an agnostic, then my family stepped in so I started doubting myself and changed it to Christian, but my heart wasn't in it. I was honestly, completely, 100% confused. So I decided I needed to figure out then and there what I truly believed, not my family. I posted this as kind of an experiment, to see what made everyone leave the religion and decide if I should, too. So, again, I say thank you. There is nothing I strive for more than to have a mind that is open about anything around me, and this website and the people on it have helped me with that more than anything.

Yes fear can cripple you. I'm so glad you have been able fight past it and evaluate things clearly.

I've been reading through different forums and testimonies and have yet to find a single unintelligent person on here.

Everyone is so full of passion and logic here. I love it. Thank you all for the comments, the constructive criticism, and the role you played in helping me make my decision. ☺

You are welcome, glad we could help another searching person, and I'm glad this site helped you like it helped, and continues to help me. I'd suggest sticking around, reading what others post, engaging in the discussions. You especially learn a lot from reading the Lions Den and the Science vs Religion forums.

Yes, please stick around and continue reading.

Yes indeed, lethargicsweetheart might get to see more of your wondrous two word answers that about sums up Christianity.

Come on IH, you can do better than one line posts that don't answer anything.... I think. 

eh, don't fret, rjn and Outsider. It's all in the past. :) I'd have been an asshole in the same situation as well, probably. 

I will- maybe one day you'll free yourself as well, rather than pestering everyone for escaping. 

• Like 3

^hahaha. Brutal. I like you

@lethargicsweetheart:

I, too, apologize for being caustic and abrasive and acting like an asshole.

Whenever I feel like someone is just coming here to test the waters and see if their stupid Christian arguments can hold water, my reflexive anger gets set off - and it has a hair trigger.

I am glad you've been brave enough to make your decision - no matter WHAT the decision is - based on yourself, your own self-inventory and your need to answer to your inner convictions, and those alone.

We have been on very similar paths, it seems. I am glad you are making progress earlier in life than I did.

• Like 1

^hahaha. Brutal. I like you

Thanks haha 

It's all good :) In the past, life goes on, or any other cliches you can think of haha. I understood where you were coming from. It pisses me off when people can't accept other's religions as well. (cough cough, ih)

@lethargicsweetheart:

I, too, apologize for being caustic and abrasive and acting like an asshole.

Whenever I feel like someone is just coming here to test the waters and see if their stupid Christian arguments can hold water, my reflexive anger gets set off - and it has a hair trigger.

I am glad you've been brave enough to make your decision - no matter WHAT the decision is - based on yourself, your own self-inventory and your need to answer to your inner convictions, and those alone.

We have been on very similar paths, it seems. I am glad you are making progress earlier in life than I did.

It's all good, man. I understood your anger. I get pissed off about stuff like that, too. :)