Goodbye Jesus

Lying

Guest end3

Felt the need to share this here. If I shared it on FB it would be met with condemnation from the religious elites, and whoever else. Am appreciative of this place because it's a refuge for reality.

But as one of few Christians here, here goes....

Per my own personal opinion of major messages of the Bible, knowing one another is crucial to loving one another. I'm thinking the relationship is if God is Love, then Jesus knows God and asks us to then know him(Jesus), and finally to know others as He knows God(Love)....passing the knowledge of Love.

So the information we share with others, the reality of our lives and thoughts seem to play a vital role in someone knowing us....no facades, no walls, just trust and a base that is "me"....right down to the less than stellar stuff. Given this, imo, if we lie or deceive, then there is no base, no reality to know....just misleading stuff that hinders the process.

that's it....revelation over. Hope it might help...

Goodbye Jesus

Yes, honesty is important. I think someone who lies a lot becomes rather fractured as a person. In the end, you're caught in a web of your own lies.

Why would the "religious elite" object to this btw?

• Super Moderator

Lying is bad, m'kay?

• Super Moderator

"O what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."

- Bill S.

End, very admirable post there, and certainly something for all humanity to strive for. (Loving each other, honesty, not hiding behind facades etc)

I personally find the human tendency to 'put on a facade' as I tend to take people at face value. I don't have the knack of picking up social cues etc, therefore miss not only sarcasm, teasing etc, but also when someone is putting on a front that isn't really them.

However since the subject is 'lying' and as sub subjects honesty and deceit, how do you reconcile your personal views, which I think a good, with scriptures that indicate God is not above using deceit and trickery?

1 Kings chapter 22

20 And the Lord said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.

21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him.

22 And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

23 Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee

There are of course other versus wherein God says essentially that he will blind the eyes of the people so that he wouldn't have to heal them, or that he would send them a strong delusion that they wouldn't believe. 

Cheers

LF

• Like 1

Lying to ones self is the worst example of lying.

No?