Goodbye Jesus

Tennessee Woman Freed After Coat Hanger Abortion Attempt

Fweethawt

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38586216

Tennessee woman who had faced murder charges for trying to end her own pregnancy with a coat hanger has been released from jail.

Anna Yocca, 32, was released on Monday after spending more than a year in jail after the incident, which led to charges of attempted murder.

She was released after pleading guilty to a lesser charge of attempting to procure a miscarriage.

The 2015 attempt led to complaints about access from pro-choice groups.

And then the kid was born premature and now needs medical care for the rest of his life. From the article.

In related news, family attempts at-home tonsillectomy with dad's pliers.

Some... people... are...halfwits!

I need a drink... coffee will do.

1. Use birth control.

2. Move away from Tennessee.

What else can I easily solve today?

• 2 weeks later...

1. Use birth control.

2. Move away from Tennessee.

What else can I easily solve today?

A lot of abortions are due to failed birth control. Plus a lot of people I know in the south are desperate to leave the hellholes (their words, not mine) but can't afford to do so.

Expect more cases like this as religious fanatics continue to make laws to close abortion clinics and defund Planned Parenthood. As it is, 96 percent of Tennessee's counties have no abortion clinic.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. She may not have had the money or local access to an abortion. Moving to another state isn't easy, and could take more time than she had to get the abortion. Furthermore, I highly doubt anyone is so eager to stick a coat hanger inside herself, with no useful medical knowledge, judging from her probable socioeconomic status. Frankly, calling someone stupid for making a desperate decision that you yourself have never had to encounter comes off as extremely arrogant.