Goodbye Jesus

Girlfriend Left Me For Jesus Update 2

Simonion123

You may have read my previous posts, the original story is here http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/72167-girlfriend-left-me-for-jesus/#.WHkA2ld5rdk

ans an update here http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/73808-girlfriend-left-me-for-jesus-update/#.WHkaOFd5rdk

Well after many months of no contact from the ex today she sent me an email.  I have no real idea why she would send me this or what she hopes to get from it but I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

"Hi,

I hope you are well, I want you to know I am sorry for upsetting you and I cut myself off as I was exploring faith and your personal power and stuff was too dangerous for me at the time. I have found the truth now and I feel a lot more rooted in the happy god through Jesus, than being tossed about by Satan. If you ever want to talk or meet up I would like to as I want to tell you so much about the crazy experiences I have had! I am now married to a very lovely yet completely controlled Christian he is coming out of it slowly but I now understand your issue with human Christianity however messianic Christianity is the only real Christianity the rest is Satan. I wanted to check that you have found the real loving god and not stuck in Egypt with satanic gods. Crossover all other gods are selfish and self gratifying. I am only just getting to know the triune god who is love and joy!

Any way best wishes for the future you truly are the most amazing man I believe you will find your way and you will come out of so much spirituality stuff your salvation will be immense!

my life journey is to walk with god in love and joy! Hopefully I will listen now and I won't be a cause of pain in anyone else's life
God bless"

Jeff said you dodged a bullet in your last update thread. I second that here.

"The only real Christianity" she says - a bit of a No True Scotsman fallacy there me thinks. Everyone who has their particular flavor thinks theirs, and only theirs in the one true flavor.

Most of it I am just thinking WTF!?

"Happy God through Jesus" Hmmm obviously doesn't read the bible and is going of the equivalent of religious meth.

Ahh well, are you going to respond? Might be best not to? I don't know this woman but from that email, and your previous threads, I'd say she sounds slightly unhinged.

• Like 2

Yes I agree. It did quite disturb me when I first read it, I was also thinking WTF? I was interested in Egyptian gods for a time, that's where the Egypt reference comes from. 

We have a mutual friend, he has known her for a long time and also thinks she is nuts, he says the friend he used to know has "left the building".

I considered a few approaches to replying but something in me says to just leave it. There is really nothing to gain from telling her what I think. I've argued with enough christian to know it is a worthless and pointless pursuit. As for meeting up to hear her stories of god, I can think of nothing worse. She acted like a total c*nt when she left so the only reason for the email I can think of is that she is feeling guilty. 

Not replying at all is the simplest thing to do and perhaps the best.

Then there's the common, "Have a good life" reply, with optional "...Please do not contact me again" directive.

If you want to be quite naughty, you could direct her to the three threads here on ExC that you started.  That might generate some entertainment.

• Like 3

Yes I agree. It did quite disturb me when I first read it, 

Simonion, It's very heartbreaking when two people are breaking up and I'm so sorry that you had to go through all this. I followed the last thread when all this was happening.

She's already married?? First red flag that you escaped someone who could love so quickly after she was with you. That's a big, red flag as far as I'm concerned. It's the best for you not to even reply. Let it go, as hard as you might want the contact to get the last word in. She probably wants a reaction from you. Don't give it to her. Consider yourself lucky. Go find a nice woman who shares the same values as you do. 

I wish you the very best.

(hug)

It sounds like she wants to keep in touch so she can convert you.

• Like 3

Simonion, my first reaction to her letter was, "Holy sh-t." Especially her talking about being in the one true form of Christianity. As well as her being married already. Stay away.

• Like 2

It sounds like she wants to keep in touch so she can convert you.

All of that

• Like 2

To some small extent it sounds like she'd also like you to discover whatever variety of the faith she has discovered, so that you, too, can be saved in her eyes.

Either way, no reason to open up old wounds, I suppose. I would perhaps send a non-committal reply wishing her well, or, as someone suggested, no reply, depending on the circumstances.

• Like 2

Simonion, my first reaction to her letter was, "Holy sh-t." Especially her talking about being in the one true form of Christianity. As well as her being married already. Stay away.

Yeah, the marriage part was troublesome to me too. Simonion, you said that you haven't been in contact with her for many months. Forgive me if I'm forgetting the timeline from your earlier post, but what I'm getting from this is that she went from dating you to marrying a Messianic Jew in under a year. Forgive my crudeness, but I can't think of a better phrase to capture my sentiment than "that bitch is nuts."

I would add that she doesn't seem to have simply converted to any form of Christianity, but to a fairly small cult. At least if she were an evangelical, she'd be part of a faith which compromises a few absurd Christian doctrines in order to conform to the relative sanity of modern American culture. If she's part of a messianic congregation (or "synagogue"), you probably want to stay far away.

• Like 3

I think we have a bit of a consensus here among us - a rare thing among free thinkers :D

Simonion123, your ex has definitely very much shaped her new god in a manner in which she likes (Happy, loving, joy). Who among us doesn't crave these things? Her version of God just doesn't match with reality.

I echo Margee is feeling for you having to go through this, and I also echo the others when they say, as tempting as it may be, ceasing contact with a "wish you well, goodbye" email is probably the best option.

All the best.

LF

• Like 2

You may have read my previous posts, the original story is here http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/72167-girlfriend-left-me-for-jesus/#.WHkA2ld5rdk

ans an update here http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/73808-girlfriend-left-me-for-jesus-update/#.WHkaOFd5rdk

Well after many months of no contact from the ex today she sent me an email.  I have no real idea why she would send me this or what she hopes to get from it but I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

"Hi,

I hope you are well, I want you to know I am sorry for upsetting you and I cut myself off as I was exploring faith and your personal power and stuff was too dangerous for me at the time. I have found the truth now and I feel a lot more rooted in the happy god through Jesus, than being tossed about by Satan. If you ever want to talk or meet up I would like to as I want to tell you so much about the crazy experiences I have had! I am now married to a very lovely yet completely controlled Christian he is coming out of it slowly but I now understand your issue with human Christianity however messianic Christianity is the only real Christianity the rest is Satan. I wanted to check that you have found the real loving god and not stuck in Egypt with satanic gods. Crossover all other gods are selfish and self gratifying. I am only just getting to know the triune god who is love and joy!

Any way best wishes for the future you truly are the most amazing man I believe you will find your way and you will come out of so much spirituality stuff your salvation will be immense!

my life journey is to walk with god in love and joy! Hopefully I will listen now and I won't be a cause of pain in anyone else's life

God bless"

I would ignore it. Unless you want more emails with religious BS like that from her.

Then again you could send her a blessing in the name of Osiris, Anubis and Set just for fun.

• Like 3

just wondering completely controlled christian means though?

is it

shut the fuck up woman

lie in bed and wait for sex

completely controlled christian man means?

• Like 3

So ... I went back and read the two previous threads on this. Your initial thread started in April 2016.

She is now married to someone else. One of the things that came through in those threads was that she was looking for someone to marry. Someone Christian. I will bet they have married quickly so as not to have sex out of wedlock.

Her head is so far down the Christian ostrich hole that she is not going to emerge for several years.

I suggest you don't reply to her. But I am also thinking that she will follow up with another request. At that time, perhaps you give her a curt, "do not contact me"reply.

I cannot see that you will get any enjoyment out of a meeting with her and the looney preaching will drive you nuts. She is no longer the person you knew.

• Like 2

Ugh. I may have said earlier that I have been in her position, losing friends and relationships over my religion and thinking I'm doing just the right thing. However at least I never jumped into marriage like that...!

I say what others said already. Don't get emotionally involved. Don't meet up with her. If anything, reply with a request for no further emails.

• Like 3

She's a nutter.

Don't reply.

• Like 2

Bhim said it. "That bitch is nuts."

The Jesusy-Satan talk is a bit "normal" for recently converted christians. "On-fire" for god and all that grossness. I know, I was there.

But the battiness is how quick she went from you to him. Married in less than a year after coming out of another long term relationship? Jeezaloo, batman. Her little bit about "controlled" (I'm guessing she means "controlling") suggests she is likely in an abusive/manipulative relationship as well.

This is what religion can do to a person.

As for what you need to do? I personally like sd's suggestion above: reply with "we've been discussing your conversion here", but that's only because I'm a damn dirty troll. :D

It's best to just ignore her.

• Like 3

Okay, here is a further update! On talking to my brother about the email I received, he revealed that she had messaged him a couple of weeks ago! He didn't mention it as it was xtian bullshit and didn't want to bother me with it. 

Well for completion, here is that message:

"Hi xxxx can't figure out how to get in contact with Simon and don't want to cause him any upset any way! I hope you are both well and he is doing a lot better without me! I am sorry I had such poor judgement about Simon and I's relationship. I did want to say good bye to your dad too I just knew I couldn't make things any better. My faith in Jesus was opposite to Simon. However since investigating I am now aware of all the christians who are not following gods instruction and I was hoping you would pass on this link to Simon. I think this man talks about all the things Simon used to talk about but in the truth! Red letter ministries Brendon Barthrop. I have so much respect for your brother and I am so sorry I wasn't the right girl for him I whole heartedly thought I was at the time. I really hope he finds the love of god and Christ xxxx

Oh and sorry for the random message since I have learnt so much more I constantly want to tell Simon I just know it isn't my place for that I really hope he will listen to red letter ministries I think it will set him free into love joy and peace flowing through his life and others around him! Christ saves the real Christ is real xx our generation will see gods glory and the occult will disappear"

I checked out some of the videos she suggested, that guy is a fucking nutter!

Holy fuckcakes. 

Welcome to the christian mind-virus, people! Making everyone a mindless zombie since 33 AD.

My question is, saved from what? 

I really wish someone would've asked me that and pushed it when I was going through that nutter phase. "What, exactly have been saved from? A hell god himself created and will send people to if they don't love him? How, exactly, is that love? Would you torture your own child if they chose to leave you? No? Then why in the world do you love god for saving you from himself?"

• Like 1

This woman is strangely self-punishing, apologizing for not being "the right girl for Simon", he's so much better off without her and she can't fix anything. I wonder if she's always like that, or if it's Christianity's influence.

Anyway, you don't want a relationship with someone who sees you as an evangelism opportunity. Which she clearly does, since she can't stop talking about how you need to find Jesus.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Probably the least believable thing to me in this thread.  Bhim actually said, "That bitch is nuts".  The rest just sounds like normal religious delusions.

• Like 4

There is something a bit off about her messages.  I sense ulterior motives, a sense of regret, and emotional instability.   I would just ignore her for now.  If she pesters with more messages, you may need to set limits. 

Probably the least believable thing to me in this thread.  Bhim actually said, "That bitch is nuts".  The rest just sounds like normal religious delusions.

It's pretty incredible when people talk fairy tales and a group of people shrug their shoulders going, "meh, sounds like 'normal' fairy tale talk." I look forward to the day when fairy tale talk is viewed as the most insane thing a person can say.

There is something a bit off about her messages.  I sense ulterior motives, a sense of regret, and emotional instability.   I would just ignore her for now.  If she pesters with more messages, you may need to set limits. 

I do agree.

Here is my hypothesis: She is in an controlling and abusive relationship, remembers how well Simonion treated her, realized she might've fucked up, but can't go back because she's now infected with the christian-brain virus who see's everything through the lens of Jesus or Satan. 

I'm betting she is desperately hoping Simonion converts - so she can run back to him...or something.

IDK. Or she could just be batshit now. <- Probably the more likely scenario.

• Like 2

I read a bit of regret in her letter and she basically says she's not completely happy in her new marriage, so she reaches out to you for some comfort while making it all ok because she just witnessed to you about how wonderfully worth it all is because of jebus.,,,

How's that for a run on sentence?

She made her bed, let her live with the consequences.

Stay away from her. She is not stable based on how I read this letter.

You lucky

• Like 4

Well, I did admit to partaking in a rare moment of crudeness. In this instance, I believe decorum would have only diminished my ability to express myself. But forgive me for deviating from the norm. smile.png

Joking aside though, I agree with the recommendations of others regarding further contact with this person. Responses here range from suggestions that you send her one email to politely distance from her, to recommendations that you send no further response. Whether you choose to send her an email or not, everyone seems to have converged on a common suggestion that you maintain a great distance from her. And everyone on this board has been in your shoes to some extent or another, since at one point in our lives we'd all had to decide what to do with our former brothers and sisters in Christ.

Speaking for myself, I've never been romantically involved with a Christian. But when I deconverted, I personally took the approach of cutting off all contact completely. Whenever I contemplated my decision I would ask myself, "what can these people possibly offer me?" The only thing I realized they had to offer was either admonitions to return to Christ, or condemnations based on the belief that I cannot be restored to repentance, having once tasted the gospel. So I concluded that contact with these people, of any kind, would be detrimental to me, and I never spoke to them again.

Based on your own comments Simon, it sounds like you have no intent to maintain any sort of friendship with this person. Whether or not you choose to talk to her at all, I hope that my experience and that of your fellow ex-Christians is helpful in informing your decision.

• Like 3