Some years later while milling around

Having a think about the world around

He decided "ah I'll have a son"

To save the world from what I have done

And so it is that we are saved

From our sins that he forgave

For by the apple eve did eat

And spoiled the garden oh so neat

That pissed God of so much that he decided we all needed saving through a rather long and convoluted process by which you believe Jesus dies for your sins that you committed before you were boooorrrrrrnnnnn.

THE ENNNDDDDDD!

• Like 4

I agree with all those who are saying she's not mentally healthy and that you must not get entangled with her again and just keep your distance. That said, I have been 'ghosted' in the past, i.e. Someone disappearing from your life for no apparent reason and it is very painful and draws out the hurt. It would be better to say something like 'Congratulations on your marriage. I wish you all the best but as we are now on different paths it would be better if you did not contact me and that we cut ties. Simon'

That way there is no confusion.

• Like 3

I would like to say thank you everybody for your thoughts and good advice. I have read and reread all that is written on this thread a number of times. I have thought of numerous replies I could send to her from argumentative, to friendly to straight telling her to f*ck off because i worship satan now but none of these would bring me any joy. 

I emailed her mother and forwarded the email as I am a little concerned for her mental health. Her mother is very intelligent and straight talking, she said that her daughter has been happier and more focused since joining the church but shares my scepticism and will keep her eye on her the best she can. She also said her new husband is very level headed so who knows. 

I will not be replying to the email at this time. I would actually love to talk with her but I know it wouldn't be the same, she cut me deep when she left and now she is bloody married so as someone wrote above I ask myself what can she possibly offer me? A load of religious claptrap of the most idiotic kind is the answer. 

The replies on this thread have helped me to process this as it did disturb me a little. You have reflected a lot of the things I was thinking as well as making me laugh about it. 

Thanks again everyone. 

• Like 2

Good job. Now go live happily without her. ????

Her mother is very intelligent and straight talking, she said that her daughter has been happier and more focused...

As an interesting side note, assuming that she really is happier and more focused, I've found that religion can indeed bring semblance of both, but especially focus.

When you have two simple goals:

1. Worship god in everything.

2. Convert others to worshiping god.

Focus is pretty simple. As far as happiness goes, having a security/comfort blanket of a black and white belief system, thinking and following leadership takes a whole load of mental stress off. Why, just listen to what your pastor tells you, the BIBLE tells you, and BINGO! Shut the brain down and be a zombie. For a lot of people, this leads to happiness. (Not also forgetting how having a strong tribal system supporting you can feel, at least initially)

However, with that said, I would rather be miserable with the truth than happy with a lie. I think accepting a belief just because it makes life easier/happier is a sign of moral or mental weakness. Thought I must say, I'm no more happier or sad now than I was as a christian.