Goodbye Jesus

Fracture, An Ex-C Science Fiction Story

Voice

A mysterious obsidian statue with piercing stone eyes upsets the city, turns the University up-side-down, and hooks Belle, a pleasant, spiritual woman, calling her closer to God. She knows this statue. She knows its maker knows God. She wants to find them, but no one, not even the Network knows anything of who or where they are. Turning from her life partner, Gaid to a Network savvy player, she narrows the statue's origin to an isolationist community in uninhabitable lands. Gaid, her friends, her mentor, all question her resolve. How could she abandon everything and disappear this way? This isn’t Belle. Something is wrong.

Gaid suffers terribly the loss of Belle. Unable to listen to the perceptive words of Belle's telepathic mentor who intuits trouble, twists and loss of mind, loss of spirit, who implores Gaid's help to reach Belle again to no avail, Gaid's toes seek more each day the rims of treacherous, bottomless cliffs, inviting an answer on the other side.

Advanced as Gea’s new settlers are, so is one stowaway sect's secret religion and the Tomes founding it. The Tomes. The book of God. The history of the Body of God grown across worlds upon worlds, ages upon ages, visionary upon visionary. Analogous to fundamentalist Christianity and the Bible and its appeal, this science fiction work addresses what it means to question what is held righteous and true. They say the word of God is love. They say love. Who are the people who say love, who hold truth? Who judge and condemn worlds? Who murder and wage war in the name of truth and love? What is truth? What is love? Belle faces these questions today, to blood. 

Pre-release .pdf is yours for asking.

I know we have a couple of science fiction fans here.

fracturecover3.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A push. The cover is done. People are liking this. I'm checking my pm inbox. Who asks shall receive.

I'm interested! 

22 hours ago, CousinChimp said:

I'm interested! 

address to your pm. Thanks Cousin

• 9 months later...

This story was worked over and improved this year. It's fitting for ex-christians. It's free here, for the asking. 

Cousin, it's better. It's a new address.
Ask. This book is written for ex-christians.