Goodbye Jesus

Scientists Find A Hot 'super-Earth' And 60 More Planets, Boosting Chances Of Discovering Life

Fweethawt

That's wonderful news!

IF life is ever found, and I hope it is, it will be a sledgehammer to bible literalists who think WE are a privileged species on the only planet with life in the centre of the universe.

They might still believe in God but they will be forced to move away from "we are special"

• Like 3

IF life is ever found, and I hope it is, it will be a sledgehammer to bible literalists who think WE are a privileged species on the only planet with life in the centre of the universe.

They might still believe in God but they will be forced to move away from "we are special"

You really think so? The literalists among them won't even accept the different species that have existed among humans.

I guess Homo Erectus, Homo Habilis and Neanderthals weren't in the possession of souls. ;)

You really think so? The literalists among them won't even accept the different species that have existed among humans.

I guess Homo Erectus, Homo Habilis and Neanderthals weren't in the possession of souls. wink.png

Nahh I was bullshitting myself. Literalists are crazy nutters. There is no hope for them. No doubt (Like evolution) any discovery of life would be a conspiracy to destroy God. biggrin.png

No reason to get excited until the Aliens are extremely vetted Trump ain't letting them in the country, but Canada will, so everything should be okay.

Here's a link to the actual list of planets.

http://home.dtm.ciw.edu/ebps/planets/

If anyone's interested, I can explain what these stats mean and point out which ones are the most interesting, in terms of comparison to the Earth and to our solar system.

Please lmk.

Thanks,

BAA.