Goodbye Jesus

Why the board change?

Citsonga

I'm curious what the reason was for changing the board.

With the old board I had my content page saved, and that's where I usually started from because I could quickly and easily see if there were new posts in threads that I had commented in. Now all I can find is a listing of my activity, but it gives no indication as to whether or not there are new posts in the threads I've been active in. I know I could click the "follow" or "notify me of replies" tabs in threads I post in, but I already get too many emails, so I really liked the content page on the old board.

Oh well. I'm not really complaining, but I am curious about why it was changed and I do definitely miss that old feature. Just sayin'.

• Super Moderator

I can't seem to track my reputation points anymore.  This is very important for an egotistic narcissist like myself.

• Like 2

I love the new change, fwiw. lol There are more options, too. :)

• Like 1

I'm autistic and hate changes. Consequently, I hate the new design. Sorry Dave.

On 2/26/2017 at 0:46 PM, Fweethawt said:

PC or mobile?

Both. Although I usually only post from a PC, I also read on my phone and in the past would occasionally make a short post from my phone.

Now I've discovered that I can't post at all from my phone. It doesn't give me any reply field and it doesn't give me the quote options for others' posts. If I click "Reply to this topic" at the top, it bumps me to the bottom but doesn't give me any field to type in.

It does show the "Edit" option for my own post on my phone, but if I click that, then the only fields it gives me are "Title," "Tags" and "Reason for edit." There's no field for the body of the post.

I am considering getting a new phone this year, so perhaps the phone issues will be resolved then, but for the time being I can only read the board on my phone.

On the positive side, I've found that the Activity page did indicate there were new posts in this thread that I started. It still doesn't show that there are new posts in some other threads that I posted in (which there are, as I can see if I navigate to them). I'm curious why that works for threads we start but not other threads.

On 2/26/2017 at 1:17 PM, Deidre said:

I love the new change, fwiw. lol There are more options, too. :)

Although there are new options, there have also been options lost. :(

• Like 1

I was wondering, too.  Is it because of the brouhaha over removing ToT from the new content page?

No choice folks.

Invision our Board builder and maintenance company codes upgrades in an effort to stay safe and relevant.

We are in an unfortunate for some "Take it or leave all our support behind, leave it" situation.

Here we are. We'll try to help our Community as changes happen.

Thanks for your patience.

kevinL 

• Like 1

Hey Kevin,  maybe you can help me with this:  on the Unread Content page, there are many options for filtering.  Great!  So I can select which Forums I want to see here.  But:  these setting don't stick (even though I click the Apply Changes button), so when I come back the next time, I'm seeing the darn News and Current Events stuff again.  

Also. I spent some time 'following' several forums.  But when I created an Activity Stream setup to show me followed content, only specific topics that I follow show up.  It seems like a Followed forum should count as Followed Content...

I appreciate your work on this site.  Instead of saying 'God Bless You', I'll drink a beer for you tonight, mkay?

TABA

TRP - it should be under your profile community reputation > Reputation activity.... except when I go to mine is says no activity.... which is rubbish cause its showing 463 rep points.

Website change - I understand change is necessary. If nothing changed we'd all be on the internet of '95... which compared to today was crap :)

I think in time we will learn how it all works and as it becomes familiar we will grow to love it like the old board.

PS be thankful - on a forum I was an Admin on for 7 years with a tight nit community the board needed upgrading. The owner tried but it was so old that it failed and he just took down the forum without telling anybody. It took six months to track down his email address and ask WTF happened. Meanwhile the community all but dissolved and we lost contact with each other. I only have contact with one person these days :( So yes, we are happy that the forum is still here and we are chatting about it! :D

Folks,

As we continue to have these changes filter in, they seem almost daily atm, we'll find and in implement. Noticing changes, or as above an inability to do what "ought'rbe" a simple set of selections, please let us know in this thread.

Not sure yet how to setup many of our new changes, as I am still reading my 85% of content manually throughout week.

Will try to have Staff find answers as rapidly ass possible making sure we all receive the cool new things this version offers.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

kevinL

• Super Moderator

FWIW, I'm still having trouble just getting pages to load and/or not freeze. The site never even appears until I refresh once or twice. At least I am logged in!  (Using Firefox and Chrome with equal lack of success.)

I suppose "progress" always comes at a price. (Was going to add an emoticon but they don't show up when I click on the icon.)

Meanwhile, crippling along. Slow and not easy. Apparently others have similar problems while some don't. Hang in there.

The colours are sort of dull since I last came here.

• Like 1

No complaints here, although I look forward to being able to filter the forums I want to view again in time.  I was just curious is all. Progress always comes with glitches!  Thankful for you guys, Kevin!

We're all in this together! I'm also trying to make my way around the new board. Let's all help each other!  :58:

• Like 1

Still trying to figure some things out. I'm mostly curious if formats like gifv/mp4 are supported now and how to go about posting those and not have it show up as a link as my example below does if it is.

https://i.imgur.com/VgB8Q16.mp4

Overall I don't hate it though. Runs pretty smoothly for me and outside of figuring out what has changed and what hasn't it's not been any trouble. I do like some of the new features, such as the ability to move media around in a post with the mouse.

Also curious about what syntax changes there are, and there are a few. For example, it took me a bit to figure out you have to hit Enter once after pasting a video link into a post in order to get it to display as embedded video rather than a text link.

Edit: I do miss the My Content page as well. That's not a deal breaker or anything, but it was convenient.

I have a suggestion... we should allow upvotes for Mods. The number of times I have to resort to +1 in a post is rather a lot.... someday's... other days I don't miss it :P:D (Cheeky critter ya say?)

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

TRP - it should be under your profile community reputation > Reputation activity.... except when I go to mine is says no activity.... which is rubbish cause its showing 463 rep points.

Thanks.  I don't seem to have the "Reputation activity" option, though.  Maybe it's just not available yet.

• Like 1

TRP - I found when I click on the green Community Reputation it will change to another, probably blank screen.

Down the left hand side there is a menu "Status Updates, Status Replies etc" If you click on "Posts" you should be able to see reputation given and received post by post. It seems to me that the forum now categorises reputation points according to the Type of content created: Posts, Blogs, Status updates etc.

However I haven't found a way to sort by "Most reputation", or to find out how many points a particular post has received.

Does this help?

7 hours ago, rjn said:

I'm autistic and hate changes. Consequently, I hate the new design. Sorry Dave.

I'm old and I hate change just as much as you do.

Sardonic? Check.

6 hours ago, Daffodil said:

I was wondering, too.  Is it because of the brouhaha over removing ToT from the new content page?

Yes. Yes it is. 

Politics ruined everything.

Sarcasm? Check.

4 hours ago, SkipNChurch said:

Folks,

As we continue to have these changes filter in, they seem almost daily atm, we'll find and in implement. Noticing changes, or as above an inability to do what "ought'rbe" a simple set of selections, please let us know in this thread.

Not sure yet how to setup many of our new changes, as I am still reading my 85% of content manually throughout week.

Will try to have Staff find answers as rapidly ass possible making sure we all receive the cool new things this version offers.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

kevinL

You picked a fine time to change your Avatar.

Not sure why this matters? Check. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, florduh said:

FWIW, I'm still having trouble just getting pages to load and/or not freeze. The site never even appears until I refresh once or twice. At least I am logged in!  (Using Firefox and Chrome with equal lack of success.)

I suppose "progress" always comes at a price. (Was going to add an emoticon but they don't show up when I click on the icon.)

Meanwhile, crippling along. Slow and not easy. Apparently others have similar problems while some don't. Hang in there.

Progress...crippling...slow...

Can still make innuendos concerning the politics of certain posters? Check.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mriana said:

The colours are sort of dull since I last came here.

That's my biggest bitch. The colors are missing. No options to personalise. 

Agreement about important (and I'm not even kidding) things? Check.