Goodbye Jesus

Just another GA boy

DarkBishop

Hello everyone,

I've been a member of this group for..... a week I think? I am an Electrician from North Georgia. (The state not the country) 4 years ago I was a Bishop of the cult known as The Church of God of The Gospel Assembly, and offshoot of The Union assembly. Locals call the the Pratts because they were started by a man  named Jesse Pratt. I just recently lost complete faith and have a lengthy testimony in that forum if you wish to read it. 

I enjoy spending time with my family and anything involving guns. I also like most things syfy unless it's just really bad. I am also a very  big fan of the Walking Dead. 

Glad to be a part of this community.

Dark Bishop

• Like 1

Goodbye Jesus
  • Super Moderator

What part of Georgia are you in?  I'm down in Newnan.

8 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

What part of Georgia are you in?  I'm down in Newnan.

I'm in Dalton. I grew up the next County down in Gordon County. 

Welcome Dark Bishop.

Best spot on 'net for this genre and set of subjects to spend yer on.ass and on.line time. 
Whatever you need to say, post, think, or even just let go, this is the joint to be. 

Quite a few fellow travelers here at ExC. While no one person is exactly like another you will find that so many of we have cross stories, events, patterns and habits that will might find useful.

Wirepuller huh? Always in the way of a good concrete drop ya bastages! 

kevinL

Funny you should mention that skip. We just had an issue with a parking lot expansion lol

• Like 1

Welcome, glad you found us. 

Welcome aboard DarkBishop, and echoing the sentiment of many others - glad you found all of us here.

• Super Moderator
11 hours ago, SkipNChurch said:

Welcome Dark Bishop.

Best spot on 'net for this genre and set of subjects to spend yer on.ass and on.line time. 
Whatever you need to say, post, think, or even just let go, this is the joint to be. 

Quite a few fellow travelers here at ExC. While no one person is exactly like another you will find that so many of we have cross stories, events, patterns and habits that will might find useful.

Wirepuller huh? Always in the way of a good concrete drop ya bastages! 

kevinL

Easy there cowboy.  I was an electrian for 10 years myself.  It's one of the many hats I've worn between redneck and professor.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Easy there cowboy.  I was an electrian for 10 years myself.  It's one of the many hats I've worn between redneck and professor.

Where were you two when I needed electricals here? Couldn't hire freelancers or out of Local Hall for love, money or threat of nukes?
Good line of work when it is hot, going job to job. Either of youse need a change of venue consider Tri-Cities, Wa area.

Yes Prof, eye iz ah schmartas, displaced Soutron doing life in rural Eastern Oregon... :)

/end hijack of OP

kevinL

Nice to meet you DarkBishop. I am also a huge fan of The Walking Dead. Do you read the comics also or just watch the show?

Skeptical,

I don't read the comics. I would but I like the show so much that I don't want the spoilers from the comics. I know that there are differences but it's not all different. Like Glens death this season. 

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:28 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Wow how'd ya go from electrician to professor? It's biology professor too yes? Did you study biology early on then go back to it, or studied later in life?

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Wow how'd ya go from electrician to professor? It's biology professor too yes? Did you study biology early on then go back to it, or studied later in life?

One particular ailment which is common amongst us sparkies is a torn rotator cuff.  Mine got so bad I needed surgery.  Doc showed me an image of my shoulder--an MRI if I remember correctly--and I was fascinated beyond words at seeing my own innards as such.  Since I was laid up after surgery anyway, I decided to apply what brain cells the whiskey hadn't gotten to yet and went back to school (I had a college degree from back in the days of christ already).  Studied me some science; and the rest, as they say, is history.  

As an aside, I've also been a high school english teacher, an HVAC technician, a restauranteur, repo man, file librarian, freelance writer, pizza delivery guy, maintenance mechanic, research scientist, microbiology technician, clinical research scientist, bioanalyst, and loving father... as I said, many hats between redneck and professor.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

Skeptical,

I don't read the comics. I would but I like the show so much that I don't want the spoilers from the comics. I know that there are differences but it's not all different. Like Glens death this season. 

Y'all know that show is filmed down here in Newnan, right?  Town of "Woodbury"... a few miles up HWY 16.  The "factory", right downtown.  Ever want to see the sights, PM me.

• Like 1

Oh yeah professor. I know. I've been down to Senoia, Ga to take the little walking dead tour they have there. I might have to take you up on that offer when I decided to head that way next time. My wife and I have been talking about going back to try out Nick n Norm's new restaurant. I probably wont set foot in the walking dead souvenir shop again tho. I'm a cheap bastard and those prices aren't worth it LOL.