Goodbye Jesus

Christianity-It is simply cruel

Castiel233

Break it all down and what is it.

That we are created without our consent.

We are cursed for a crime (if you can call eating magic fruit a crime), that we did not commit.

We have our thoughts and actions watched every day by an invisible being who both loves us, yet is filled with regret for making us. Who is also vengeful.

We are given a book to guide us. Its authors are mostly unknown, the times and places it was written are not exactly known. It is filled with error and contradictions. 

Its leading two subjects are the Father and the Son, one of whom had the other murdered to appease His own wraith. Both are the same person, although. 

Many of its other secondly characters  are racist, murderous and sexists. Moses commits genocide, yet is respected as a great lawgiver. 

It convicts us of thought crimes and requires us to enslave our mind to a being we cannot see.

We are told we are worthless, sinful and deserve to be tortured for ever......simply for being alive.

It makes promises that  are not real and discourages intellectual growth and well being.

Without it we might  have conquered many more diseases, we might have working space ships and off world colonies.

It has been the enemy of liberty, of real justice, of human worth and happiness.  It has enslaved humans both in mind and literally. It has raised the flag of war and of conquest.

It is wicked and cruel.  

• Like 7

You know what I find especially cruel?  Everyone who receives the Christian message has an opportunity to accept and become "saved", but those who fall outside of the message through time and geography do not get the same opportunity.  Lived and died just before the Christian era?  Spent your whole existence at a location separated from those who could provide you with this message? Sorry, Charlie.

• Like 5

Right now, at this very moment, as christians are singing and dancing and praying, many of their friends, loved ones and family are burning for eternity in hell-fire. I never thought that when I was a christian. I subconsciously put that thought out of my head!!

Nice god.....

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Margee said:

Right now, at this very moment, as christians are singing and dancing and praying, many of their friends, loved ones and family are burning for eternity in hell-fire. I never thought that when I was a christian. I subconsciously put that thought out of my head!!

Nice god.....

That is a disconnect of which the christian believers are oblivious.  It's good that you are not codependant upon or enabling towards their emotional and psychological dysfunctions.

4 hours ago, Castiel233 said:

[Christianity] is wicked and cruel.  

Yes, at times it is wicked and cruel.  Perhaps a more simple and full description is that it is just plain silly.

• Like 2

I still cannot be around a certain person; when my beloved grandmother (a lifelong Catholic) died, this asshole asked my mother, "was she a Christian?".

When my mother responded that her departed mother was a Catholic, this shithead replied, "Ohh..." with the most pitiful, condescending look on his face.

According to his imaginary friend in the sky, my grandmother deserved eternal torture in hell, and this dickhead was certain she was experiencing it.

I can't be around him... I'd break his face.

Fuck Christ-inanity. It's bullshit from stem to stern and no reasonable person gets anything out of it except hurt and disappointment when the magical bullshit fails to deliver.

• Like 1

You know what's funny, I read in a Christian book that evolution is bad because "survival of the fittest" is so heartless. Just think about that.

6 hours ago, L.B. said:

I still cannot be around a certain person; when my beloved grandmother (a lifelong Catholic) died, this asshole asked my mother, "was she a Christian?".

When my mother responded that her departed mother was a Catholic, this shithead replied, "Ohh..." with the most pitiful, condescending look on his face.

According to his imaginary friend in the sky, my grandmother deserved eternal torture in hell, and this dickhead was certain she was experiencing it.

I can't be around him... I'd break his face.

Fuck Christ-inanity. It's bullshit from stem to stern and no reasonable person gets anything out of it except hurt and disappointment when the magical bullshit fails to deliver.

I was visiting in a United Pentecostal service one time (before I even got saved - I was there because someone told me the music was so good ) and  a lady was wailing in the pew. Everyone knew she had lost her sister and they were all laying hands on her. The pastor gave her condolences and then asked her, ''Was your sister saved''? And the lady shook her head from side to side to indicate, 'no'. Then the pastor said, I'm so, so sorry for her soul. I remember thinking what a horrible thing to say because I did understand that she was insinuating that her sister was now in hell!!! :( How awful!! Creeped me right out....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Margee said:

I was visiting in a United Pentecostal service one time (before I even got saved - I was there because someone told me the music was so good ) and  a lady was wailing in the pew. Everyone knew she had lost her sister and they were all laying hands on her. The pastor gave her condolences and then asked her, ''Was your sister saved''? And the lady shook her head from side to side to indicate, 'no'. Then the pastor said, I'm so, so sorry for her soul. I remember thinking what a horrible thing to say because I did understand that she was insinuating that her sister was now in hell!!! :( How awful!! Creeped me right out....

That's sickening, Margee. There was no need at all for the pastor to ask that, no matter what she thought about salvation and the afterlife, and no excuse whatsoever for making the woman suffer even more.

If I can ask, what made you decide to convert, having seen that? This is just my feeling, but if I hadn't walked out immediately, I at least would never have gone back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lilith666 said:

That's sickening, Margee. There was no need at all for the pastor to ask that, no matter what she thought about salvation and the afterlife, and no excuse whatsoever for making the woman suffer even more.

If I can ask, what made you decide to convert, having seen that? This is just my feeling, but if I hadn't walked out immediately, I at least would never have gone back.

Lilith, that definitely took me back, I admit it.  And I was very spooked when she got up to the pulpit and slammed her fist down over and over and over again, screaming out Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!  It was like I was hypnotized. These people did not cut their hair or wear any makeup and the ladies never wore pants so I knew it wasn't the place for me.There I was with my mini skirt on, full makeup, bleached blonde hair, bright red lipstick and high heels. I was sooo out of place!! Lol

But other things in that service were enticing. She also preached that night about god having a plan for everyone of his 'born again believers. I was so young and naive. I was probably 19 years old when I went to that church with a friend. My friend and I were church hopping at that time and were going to all these places that spoke in tongues, clapped their hands, fell to the floor talking to god, thanking him for what he was doing in their lives and I truly thought I was missing out on something big. It wasn't too long after that, that we found the Pentecostal church we would go to faithfully for years. I was hooked on the high.

4 minutes ago, Margee said:

My friend and I were church hopping at that time and were going to all these places that spoke in tongues, clapped their hands, fell to the floor talking to god, thanking him for what he was doing in their lives and i truly thought I was missing out on something big. It wasn't too long after that, that we found the Pentecostal church we would go to faithfully for years.

And this was in Canada?  I thought that shit only happened in the South.  Thought all Canadian Christians were Anglican or Catholic.  You know: polite Canadian religion. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Margee said:

Lilith, that definitely took me back, I admit it.  And I was very spooked when she got up to the pulpit and slammed her fist down over and over and over again, screaming out Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!  It was like I was hypnotized. These people did not cut their hair or wear any makeup and the ladies never wore pants so I knew it wasn't the place for me.There I was with my mini skirt on, full makeup, bleached blonde hair, bright red lipstick and high heels. I was sooo out of place!! Lol

But other things in that service were enticing. She also preached that night about god having a plan for everyone of his 'born again believers. I was so young and naive. I was probably 19 years old when I went to that church with a friend. My friend and I were church hopping at that time and were going to all these places that spoke in tongues, clapped their hands, fell to the floor talking to god, thanking him for what he was doing in their lives and I truly thought I was missing out on something big. It wasn't too long after that, that we found the Pentecostal church we would go to faithfully for years. I was hooked on the high.

Oh. The pastor's comment must have seemed like an anomaly.

19 minutes ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

And this was in Canada?  I thought that shit only happened in the South.  Thought all Canadian Christians were Anglican or Catholic.  You know: polite Canadian religion. 

Nope. They're some real nuts here. (and I was once one of them!!) Lots of fundi churches! 

16 hours ago, Lilith666 said:

Oh. The pastor's comment must have seemed like an anomaly.

Yep Lilith. I was born and brought up in the (boring) United church, so these churches were like dance halls to me. Parties!! The music was always great too! And they danced up a storm!! That's was first enticed me! The jumping around and waving their hands in the air and hand clapping was the biggest high in the world to me cause I'm a real emotional person!  Lol

To add:

Are you saved?

Saved.........

By God, from God.....

weird............

• Like 1

So much cruelty stems from Christianity because it's God is cruel. 

We are told we are wicked and sinful by a being that murders humans because basically He doesn't like them........despite making them. 

• Like 1

We are told we are wicked and sinful by a being that murders humans because basically He doesn't like them........despite making them.

Ohh, but Garry... if you're a TrueBeliever™, then you know that god made people JUST SO that he could hate and then destroy them. Don't you READ YOUR BIBLE?!?

"vessels of wrath PREPARED BEFOREHAND FOR DESTRUCTION", it says. This god made millions of people, including some of the most disgusting, hideously evil people ever to live,

and LET THEM do all the fucked-up shit they've done... THEN he's going to destroy not only them, but millions and millions and billions of others, too. All completely arbitrarily.

Fuck gods, especially that piece of cosmic dried dog shit.

Over the past 5 years both my parents have died.  Neither were "saved" in the terms of the Brethren church with which I have contact.  Fortunately, for the sake of peace, harmony and my not being arrested, no-one was stupid enough to try to tell me that they were in hell.  In fact, everyone was notably silent.

The day before yesterday Mrs E's uncle died.  A lifelong "Brethrenite".  Much prayer was said for his recovery, all to as much avail as you might expect.  And then, yesterday, Mrs E and I did our duty going to visit his widow.  Other visitors from the assembly turned up and busily told said widow how her husband was in so much better a place, seeing the glory of the Son of God.

I suppose their view of my parents is confirmed by the relative silence as to their deaths.

Yes, this is a cruel doctrine.  It divides humanity according to the caprice of a supposed all powerful god who created humanity simply to have the pleasure of throwing away the vast majority of them - simply because he can.  Hitler was a saint by comparison.  But, in one sense, the cruelty doesn't bother me.  It's just a badly thought out piece of mythology.  What does bother me is the wilful blindness of those who can see this laid out before them in terms, insist they believe it and still wax emotionally lyrical about the goodness and love of god despite knowing (as they would see it) that they have loved ones screaming in hell.

For their sakes, and for mine, may they never mention my parents.