Goodbye Jesus

How odd is Christianity

Castiel233

OK, so we have an invisible being who knows what you are going to do years before you do......

He is very very angry and vengeful at the things He has made.

He owns everything and always will, but we can increase His happiness by eating crackers on a Sunday and telling each other that we are miserable and unworthy. He also likes it when we give His representatives money, preferably lots of it.

He is pro life and pro family, despite being a mass murderer and never having a family (and telling us to abandon ours)

He loves us so much that he intends to send 99.99999 percent of us to a very nasty place after we die.

He is the very pinnacle of love and purity despite being the author of darkness and evil.

He answers prayers like 000000000.1 percent of the time, despite His promise to answer all of them that are asked in His name.

He likes us to pretend that we are drinking His blood when we drink wine.

He is the Prince of Peace who has caused wars all over the world.

• Like 3

I've kind of excepted that the bible is just a bunch of rationalization to rationalize the nonsensical. My anger more lies in feeling like the people that brought me into the fold weren't really interested in me, but rather just wanted to convert and control me.

• Like 1

There are an estimated 42,000+ current versions of Christianty. How is it possible for everyonr to read the same Bible & come up with that many different versions of the same religion? I realize the Bible is a collection of terribly flawed stories & concepts but C'mon 42,0000 versions of the same religion that all came from the same book? 

Now that might just qualify as being a miracle! 

All this actually makes sense, to me at least, if it is remembered that we are dealing with the ancient Jewish national concept of deity - i.e, the one whom they considered looked after them and to hell with everyone else.

True, they had to assume some national affront to their god to explain the hard times.  But, in the end, Christianity is based on a cult that values one relatively small group of people over and above all others.  It has never outgrown its' roots, and, therefore, does the same.

Well, that's how it seems to me anyway...

On 3/8/2017 at 11:42 AM, Garry said:

OK, so we have an invisible being who knows what you are going to do years before you do......

He is very very angry and vengeful at the things He has made.

He owns everything and always will, but we can increase His happiness by eating crackers on a Sunday and telling each other that we are miserable and unworthy. He also likes it when we give His representatives money, preferably lots of it.

He is pro life and pro family, despite being a mass murderer and never having a family (and telling us to abandon ours)

He loves us so much that he intends to send 99.99999 percent of us to a very nasty place after we die.

He is the very pinnacle of love and purity despite being the author of darkness and evil.

He answers prayers like 000000000.1 percent of the time, despite His promise to answer all of them that are asked in His name.

He likes us to pretend that we are drinking His blood when we drink wine.

He is the Prince of Peace who has caused wars all over the world.

When I look at it from the perspective that humans invented this God and all his character traits, attributes, statements, actions, rules and laws, I can spend time wondering and researching why certain humans did that and continue to this day maintaining it.  That research seems closer to reality than pretending the sky fairy actually exists in the first place.

Very very Odd.

I just had a Christian proclaim that god is antagonistic, and doesn't want people to know the truth. I'm like why the hell would you want to worship that kind of arsehole??? Very very odd.

How can can such a being deliver true justice if the being has intentionally hidden the truth from others and have antagonised them so they'd reject the 'truth'? The god being described is a psycho.

• Like 2

You forgot the part about how he has a creepy obsession with what we do with our private parts!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Daffodil said:

You forgot the part about how he has a creepy obsession with what we do with our private parts!

Daff,

I've always found it bazaar how a being that supposedly created life, the universe, and everything in it, including human contentiousness, could be so unbelievably focused on reproductive organs. 

The folks that wrote that crap into the book must have had some SERIOUS hangups! Probably suffering from micro-penis.

• Like 4

Actually, Christianity was apparently a brilliant idea. How else could it have endured for two thousand years & still have a billion + members? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geezer said:

Actually, Christianity was apparently a brilliant idea. How else could it have endured for two thousand years & still have a billion + members? 

Marketing genius...of a self-serving, diabolical mind!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Geezer said:

Most historians I've read attribute it to stupid Constantine.  If he hadn't endorsed it, it probably would have faded into oblivion.

1 hour ago, Daffodil said:

Most historians I've read attribute it to stupid Constantine.  If he hadn't endorsed it, it probably would have faded into oblivion.

Constantine embraced Christianity for purely political reasons, and I feel certain you know that. 

I always thought the blood rituals in the OT were bizarre. Genesis 15 asks Abram to get a cow, goat, ram, dove and pigeon. All specifically 3 years old, and butcher them leaving the split carcasses in a row.

Or the sprinkling of blood on people and altar with some dabbed on body parts for good measure.

Can you imagine a blood soaked priest, gore covered knife in hand, sacrificing animals on an altar and this scene being considered good Christian teachings?

The bable, especially the OT is SO bizarre that, a few years ago, the pastor at Mrs. MOHO's church informed the sheeple that they were abruptly leaving their study of the OT and moving directly to the NT. My take on this is that the people and events of the OT are not only creepy, weird, and violent but a parallel can also be drawn to goings on in the Middle East today.

At least one listener was thinking "WTF? Why would I want to associate myself with the shitheads that are senselessly killing innocent people wholesale today?"

3 hours ago, Wertbag said:

I always thought the blood rituals in the OT were bizarre. Genesis 15 asks Abram to get a cow, goat, ram, dove and pigeon. All specifically 3 years old, and butcher them leaving the split carcasses in a row.

Or the sprinkling of blood on people and altar with some dabbed on body parts for good measure.

Can you imagine a blood soaked priest, gore covered knife in hand, sacrificing animals on an altar and this scene being considered good Christian teachings?

The OT is so damn metal! If them metalheads only knew, they wouldn't be roleplaying satanism, they'd be die hard dominionists!

• Like 1