REBOOT

Wiretapping Trumpinocchio

56 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Why? What's to stop a deranged person taking control one day of the worlds biggest doomsday arsenal.

You are assuming that everyone else is the bad guy and the US are the ones to stop them. What happens when the hero turns into a villian?

No, not everyone else is the bad guy.  New Zealand is cool. The Aussies are cool, as are England, Japan (since we dropped the bomb), Germany (without Merkel), and a whole lot of other nations. There are a lot of good guys, but you have to admit that a lot of them look the the States to lead. That may or may not be a good thing to do on their part, but it's true.

But what do you mean by "when the hero turns into a villain"?  Do you mean an entire nation, or a person? 

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ANNOYING COMMERCIAL BREAKS IN THE CONVERSATION:

As with everything these days, the cost of keeping the Ex-C forum up and running has been rising. Inflation? In part, but the primary reason is this: As participation in the forums grows, costs increase. The Ex-C forums will remain free of charge to everyone, but if you believe this little corner of the Internet provides value to you or others, and you feel inclined to help keep us online, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a regular contributor. Contribution options appear under the "Upgrade" link above, and can be accessed by clicking here.

Oh, and as an incentive (no, you won't be given any bogus promises of eternal bliss), if you do become a regular contributor by signing up for any monthly or yearly patron package, this annoying ADVO will disappear.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled conversation...

8 hours ago, duderonomy said:

No, not everyone else is the bad guy.  New Zealand is cool. The Aussies are cool, as are England, Japan (since we dropped the bomb), Germany (without Merkel), and a whole lot of other nations. There are a lot of good guys, but you have to admit that a lot of them look the the States to lead. That may or may not be a good thing to do on their part, but it's true.

But what do you mean by "when the hero turns into a villain"?  Do you mean an entire nation, or a person? 

Both, because both is possible... and ask yourself what makes a villain? Remember no villain ever thinks they are the bad guy - they always think they are the ones doing the right thing, saving the people/country/world. It's all really a matter of opinion. 

The fact is unfortunately that the world is governed by motto might makes right.

PS; By everyone I meant everyone that are not part of the 'chosen' allies of the US (Or those that cow tow to US politics).

I just checked both of those links and did not see one single headline that read what you say it did. Seriously.

1 person likes this

Fwee.... I believe we can attribute that to a rather broad interpretation of the headline and associated articles wherein Reboot interprets it all as "Comey exposes crackpot".

The closest article I read to that is "Donald Trump Exposed As A Hopeless Conspiracy Theorist By Basically Everyone Who Matters"

We can interpret this headline as saying "Anyone who does not think trump is a crackpot doesn't matter"

My session of interpretations of interpretations is done. Au revoir and good fortune to ya'll :D

On 3/20/2017 at 6:43 PM, Fweethawt said:

I just checked both of those links and did not see one single headline that read what you say it did. Seriously.

Huffypost has a habit of changing headlines. Couple of hours after I read it they switched. I figure Arianna Huffington came back and edited LOL