Goodbye Jesus

Atheists at risk of dying out due to belief in contraception, study claims

Fweethawt

This "study" sounds like something pulled from the pages of a religious "science" book. :lol:

Atheists at risk of dying out due to belief in contraception, study claims

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/atheists-dying-out-contraception-claims-study-a7626846.html%3Famp

A new study has suggested that atheism is doomed because religious people have higher rates of reproduction.

Due to their lack of belief in contraception, religious believers are having more children than atheists, which could ultimately result in the end of atheism, the study suggests.

My take on this is -- religion makes atheists. Atheists don't make the religious.

• Like 1

Certainly a possibility, but it will also require that science becomes much weaker, and access to information is limited.

If we keep increasing knowledge, and discovering stuff that contradicts religion then either 1) people will become non religious, 2) the religions will change to the extent that it doesn't matter if you are religious or not.

It will also depend on the makeup of people. Many people are probably atheist but still go to church and never tell anyone. Some, like myself, will be raised in a very fundamentalist church/family, but will still ask questions, realise stuff doesn't stack up, and hopefully come across information that confirms their non belief.

Well it's pretty simple to me, atheists need to make more babies! I want to have lots of kids so one of them will be a success and I can mooch off them in old age and retire in style! The rest will do their own thing I figure. Plus it's extra insurance in case the economy tanks or social security goes away. Poor people need atheism and babies as much as the rest of society.

Hmm well unfortunately you and I can't get together and produce kids can we? :D

But great plan!