Goodbye Jesus

Deleted...

Shinobi

The world is pretty messed up right now... I can't leave these posts up because I don't think they're helping anything. Sorry, family. :(

• Like 4

Hello, Shinobi, and welcome. I am glad that you were not sucked into becoming a minister. When I was in college, I was gung ho to become a minister. My mother warned me of the awful things that churches and church people do to their clergy. I dismissed what she said on the grounds that "she doesn't know the Lord." Later on I realized that she had been right. There is much that's dystunctional in the system of Christianity, and that dysfunctionality, alongside the normal human causes, has also as its cause the falsity of the doctrine. Big time. 

So stick around here, since I think you have much to contribute.

Peace, f

• Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 8:54 PM, ficino said:

Hello, Shinobi, and welcome. I am glad that you were not sucked into becoming a minister. When I was in college, I was gung ho to become a minister. My mother warned me of the awful things that churches and church people do to their clergy. I dismissed what she said on the grounds that "she doesn't know the Lord." Later on I realized that she had been right. There is much that's dystunctional in the system of Christianity, and that dysfunctionality, alongside the normal human causes, has also as its cause the falsity of the doctrine. Big time. 

Peace, f

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. Studing & researching the origins & evolution of the Bible & Christianity is what led to my deconversion too.

On 3/18/2017 at 11:40 AM, Geezer said:

Welcome aboard. Studing & researching the origins & evolution of the Bible & Christianity is what led to my deconversion too.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Shinobi said:

Hi, Geezer.  Nice to meet you! It sounds like we have a lot in common.  I honestly can't understand how anyone who has ever taken the time to seriously study the origins of Christianity, Judaism, and Middle Eastern religion in general could ever be convinced that those religions are anything more than human contrivances that were created by the various tribal leaders of the time in order to further their goals of  economic, political, and social control.  I also can't understand how any minister who has a conscience could go all the way through college and or seminary and not come to the conclusion that he or she will be nothing more than a snake oil sales person if he or she continues down the ministerial path...

When one starts to study subjects like documentary hypothesis, ancient religious and political history, and archaeology, it doesn't take long for that person to come to the conclusion that the Bible has no more academic and historical validity than the Agamas, the Quran, or the Bhagavad Gita.  There are definitely things in all of these books that can be used for historical reference, but they, like all other human literary works, are extremely flawed with inconsistencies, canon discrepancies, half-truths, and political and cultural biases.  For example, archaeological discoveries have been made that put a number of the stories found in the Old Testament into serious question.  It now appears that the ancient Hebrews were just as guilty of retelling history to justify their political decisions and to make themselves look good as any of the other cultures of the ancient past were...

In short, if the Old Testament falls apart in the historical and academic arena, the New Testament has absolutely nothing to base its claims on.  Christianity is just another cult that sprang from an older more established religion.  

I agree. Jesus is the parallel Moses in the NT that comes to save his people. The typology is obvious. Moses wanders in the desert for 40 years Jesus is tempted by the Devil in the desert for 40 days. The parallels are numerous throughout the OT & NT. Both Testiments are clearly fiction with fictional characters, but I suppose Mythology would be a better word than fiction. 

Christian Mythology sounds better than Xian BS. 

• Like 2

I like the way you rightfully refer to Christianity as a cult. One thing they really insist upon is to keep followers away from anyone else who might disagree and even disapprove of their beliefs. All scholars are liberal devils. All atheists are "fools" who don't believe. Those who understand there is no way in heaven or hell Jesus is coming back are "scoffers". So, welcome.

• Like 2

So nice to find another historian (or at least, someone who thinks and writes like one. Far be it from me to assume your studies).

Yeah, the Bible falls to bits once you start applying objective thought to it. So much for inerrancy and infallibility.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2017 at 2:32 PM, Syrus said:

So nice to find another historian (or at least, someone who thinks and writes like one. Far be it from me to assume your studies).

Yeah, the Bible falls to bits once you start applying objective thought to it. So much for inerrancy and infallibility.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2017 at 8:01 PM, FoundationOfUnity said:

I like the way you rightfully refer to Christianity as a cult. One thing they really insist upon is to keep followers away from anyone else who might disagree and even disapprove of their beliefs. All scholars are liberal devils. All atheists are "fools" who don't believe. Those who understand there is no way in heaven or hell Jesus is coming back are "scoffers". So, welcome.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shinobi said:

Hey, FoundationOfUnity.  Nice to meet you! :) Yes, Christianity truly is a cult, and I don't just use the term as an insult either.  By definition, it is in fact a cult - it's just a cult that got really popular over time. 

Time is one test of respectability for cults to become mainstream. But just to say hello and thanks. Most religions that have dominance are cults by the criteria of the definition. Cults vary is intensity of the characteristics of a cult but there is always an omnipotent leader who will kill or destroy or imprison all adversaries. The followers of the cults are slaves. The leaders despots and the glue is sado masochistic love with a promise of the best sex ever in some heavenly bliss. Ain't that true Ahlalalalalalala? Ain't that true some way Ya way? Ain't that true poppy Poop? the more the mock the more the merrrier and truth that cannot be refuted and is full of evidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all,

I'm new too. 

I've been looking for answers as well. Could any of you guys help me on where exactly to go to seek real answers? I can't obviously rely on Christian speakers anymore. I just want concrete evidence of evolution. 

I could Google it or I could ask the men/women on here who sincerely studied and fought for answers. I'm going to trust you guys over the rest of the internet. 

14 hours ago, skysoar15 said:

Hey y'all,

I'm new too. 

I've been looking for answers as well. Could any of you guys help me on where exactly to go to seek real answers? I can't obviously rely on Christian speakers anymore. I just want concrete evidence of evolution. 

I could Google it or I could ask the men/women on here who sincerely studied and fought for answers. I'm going to trust you guys over the rest of the internet. 

The University of California-Berkeley has a good introduction to evolution website at http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/home.php.  For information on human origins, the Smithsonian website at http://humanorigins.si.edu/ is a good resource.  I also read "Why Evolution is True" by Jerry Coyne and "The Not-So-Intelligent Designer" by Abby Hafer, and would recommend both books.  About to start reading "The Greatest Show on Earth" by Richard Dawkins.  I think concrete evidence of evolution is seen in several ways at the microscopic level, such as how the flu virus evolves to become resistant to vaccines and how bacteria evolves to become resistant to anti-biotics.  Note, I am not a scientist nor have expertise in evolution, so investigate everything on your own. 

• 3 months later...

Peace, f

Yes, my mum warned me the same things. The more that people being involved with religion or the more religious that person is, the more bitter attitude in them towards life and stigma to other people. This was not a lie, my mum observed it for a very long time. My mum stated that religious people tend to possess bitter,worry and angsty attitude than normal people. Religious people tend to think others as all wrong and in need for correction.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Shinobi. We are the same. I knew something was off with Christianity but I didn't really take the time to figure it out. Only when I decided to read about it, in a non-biblical way have I realized it's a work of fiction. English is my 2nd language and it's kinda hard to express myself fully but this pretty much sums up what happened to me. 

• Like 1