Goodbye Jesus

Lets debate

Jon

I don't mean to sound disrespectful to Jon, and I haven't followed everything he's posted, but is it possible he's a minor? I'd hate to see a kid get ripped to shreds or have most of the opposing arguments fly over his head if he's too young to really grasp certain concepts. Just a thought.

@Faithfulless I have also internally questioned Jon's age.

Certainly the quality of content posted thus far is barely year 9.

Lets face it, this is not going to be a debate based on what we have seen. This will be Jon making a few assertions with nothing to back them up, then LB will promptly nuke the argument, rinse and repeat until Jon gives up. (No offense Jon, but looking at the content and quality difference between your posts and LB's, you are just not ready for this. I haven't seen more than 4 lines in a single post from you.

I trust you will learn something here.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
27 minutes ago, Faithfulless said:

I don't mean to sound disrespectful to Jon, and I haven't followed everything he's posted, but is it possible he's a minor? I'd hate to see a kid get ripped to shreds or have most of the opposing arguments fly over his head if he's too young to really grasp certain concepts. Just a thought.

The other option would be to refuse and dismiss him because we think he's not up to the task. I don't know his age or the age of anyone else for that matter. Winners and losers both learn something from a debate.

• Super Moderator

1 hour ago, Faithfulless said:

For those of us that are older, we can all say, "I was young once and I was ignorant, foolish, unaware, etc."

I suspect Jon is not yet well educated in rational thinking, logic, evidence based reasoning, use of logical fallacies, how to write simply and coherently, etc.

To help him learn, and have a meaningful experience here, I would choose to keep it simple and focused with him.

1 hour ago, Faithfulless said:

Though I don't know for sure, I get the impression that he's rather young. Either way, he certainly comes across as simplistic in his thought processes. I definitely don't think he realizes how much in over his head he's gotten himself with the formal debate.

• Super Moderator

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.  1 Corinthians 13:11

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.  1 Corinthians 13:11

I see your quote from Paul and raise you a quote from Jesus. #Wreaked!

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Mathew 18:3

So which on is it TRP? To be a man and put away childish things, or to become like little children? :D

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I see your quote from Paul and raise you a quote from Jesus. #Wreaked!

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Mathew 18:3

So which on is it TRP? To be a man and put away childish things, or to become like little children? :D

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.  Philippians 2:12

12 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Third choice:  Grow always towards a well rounded adult while retaining childhood curiosity and wonder.

Thanks,people.You are infact less rude than some no all christians,this is to your credit.

• Super Moderator
10 minutes ago, Jon said:

Thanks,people.You are infact less rude than some no all christians,this is to your credit.

Thanks, people.  You are, in fact, less rude than some, not all (or, know-all?), Christians.  This is to your credit.

• Like 3

Are we to the point now that it's just correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation because there is nothing better to do with our boy Jon here? 

• Super Moderator
51 minutes ago, Travi said:

Are we to the point now that it's just correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation because there is nothing better to do with our boy Jon here? 

I was Pentecostal with the gift of interpretation.  I'm just doing the lord's work here.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I was Pentecostal with the gift of interpretation.  I'm just doing the lord's work here.

You're a good man TRP. A good man indeed.

• Super Moderator

lol

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 2:57 PM, florduh said:

Feel free to post your peanut gallery comments here. Anyone who would rather start another thread for that purpose, please feel free to do so. This is assuming Jon actually posts his opening in the Arena! 

I do have one suggestion for LB. Jon has 3 days from the start of the debate thread to post his opening argument, so I personally would recommend not repeatedly posting how many hours it's been in that thread. That's just my own opinion, of course, and perhaps others disagree.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
33 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

I do have one suggestion for LB. Jon has 3 days from the start of the debate thread to post his opening argument, so I personally would recommend not repeatedly posting how many hours it's been in that thread. That's just my own opinion, of course, and perhaps others disagree.

It's been 33 minutes since Citsonga wrote this post.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

This, this, deserves more than one like. I burst out laughing. Thanks TRP for making this wet gloomy day brighter :D 

*Munches popcorn and wonders when the debate is going to start*

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Citsonga said:

Well. I'm not the one who came here posting upwards of eight threads at a time, asking all sorts of inane questions and then ignoring the responses of others in an effort to go start new topics.

He's the one talking about being one of his god's "faithful foot soldiers" (his own words) - so if it's soldiers, that means battle. If it's battle, that means let's get to it already.

I've gone on record saying that he's either a troll or this is a lark for him - something to make him think he's really doing "the lord's work" by posting his grade-school, logic-deprived "challenges" to all of us, as if we hadn't not only seen those questions before, but ASKED them ourselves in our own journeys.

I'm ready to tangle.

Oh, and F.Y.I. - I haven't "repeatedly" anything, unless you think entire working days worth of hours in between MY OWN POSTS with zero response is "repeatedly". Now, go find the questions that IronHorse got asked... THERE'S repeatedly for you. ;)

• Super Moderator

I have to say, even if I'm not a huge fan of OrdinaryClay, he did at least show up when Bhim challenged him.  Maybe not in a big way, but he at least showed up.

• Super Moderator

The next post in The Arena thread needs to be from Jon. Eventually the thread will automatically lock if there is no activity.

Jon, not asking again. We can just wait until the debate thread locks, I really don't care.

Hey, Jon just posted a powerful opening argument. This guy knows his stuff. Holy cow. :)

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

Hey, Jon just posted a powerful opening argument. This guy knows his stuff. Holy cow. :)

Um... where?!?

2 hours ago, L.B. said:

Um... where?!?

Its a transcendental, timeless, immaterial argument that transcends time and space. You can't see it, you just have to believe its there.

• Like 4