Goodbye Jesus

What In The Actual Fuck?!

LifeCycle

Who the fuck asks for prayers to the very deity that allowed the tragedy to happen? What in the actual fuck are you praying for? To reverse time and undo it all? For comfort? Comfort from knowing your D-bag deity that could have stopped it, but didn't so he could see you  suffer and grovel? 

I want to ask these people what they're praying for when they post this shit on BookFace. Because I really want to know. I know I always prayed for comfort for the families dealing with the loss of whatever or whoever it was they lost. Because that's all I was ever really taught to do.

No, I'm not going to "like" your post asking for prayers... If you asked me to drop-kick your deity in the face for his silence and inaction... I would have "liked" that one.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, LifeCycle said:

Who the fuck asks for prayers to the very deity that allowed the tragedy to happen? What in the actual fuck are you praying for? To reverse time and undo it all? For comfort? Comfort from knowing your D-bag deity that could have stopped it, but didn't so he could see you  suffer and grovel? 

I want to ask these people what they're praying for when they post this shit on BookFace. Because I really want to know. I know I always prayed for comfort for the families dealing with the loss of whatever or whoever it was they lost. Because that's all I was ever really taught to do.

No, I'm not going to "like" your post asking for prayers... If you asked me to drop-kick your deity in the face for his silence and inaction... I would have "liked" that one.

Continuously boomeranging back to the same deity that  treats humans worse than shit, and then having the audacity to force them to gravel under the threat of eternal torture, can be likened to the battered spouse that keeps returning to a horribly abusive husband because she knows of no were else to turn for safety/comfort/source of living.

Makes it positively clear what kind of assholes wrote both old and new testicles. Also makes it clear what their ultimate goals were, eh?

• Like 5

This is one of the areas of irritation that cut the final ties of my religious apron strings.  You have two devout Christian families traveling by car down the highway.  They both end up in terrible car accidents.  In one car everyone survives.  In the other, everyone dies.  What do their fellow believers say?  In the first case:  Praise god for sending his angels to cover them with protection!  In the second case:  God must have had some devine purpose in taking them home so soon OR God works in mysterious ways.  It is not for us to question him.  Either way, god gets a free pass. WTF!  Where were the angels when the second car got hit?  Why does he save one but not the other?  What a capricious asshole!

• Like 4

I love the families standing in the ruins of their homes saying "God saved us from the tornado!"  Why the hell did He send it in the first place?

It is one thing I've often repeated to the religious, it doesn't matter which god you pray to you will suffer the same amount of crime, illness, accidents and hardship in your life.  Christians have the same life expectancy as everyone else.  He really doesn't help his followers at all. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Daffodil said:

This is one of the areas of irritation that cut the final ties of my religious apron strings.  You have two devout Christian families traveling by car down the highway.  They both end up in terrible car accidents.  In one car everyone survives.  In the other, everyone dies.  What do their fellow believers say?  In the first case:  Praise god for sending his angels to cover them with protection!  In the second case:  God must have had some devine purpose in taking them home so soon OR God works in mysterious ways.  It is not for us to question him.  Either way, god gets a free pass. WTF!  Where were the angels when the second car got hit?  Why does he save one but not the other?  What a capricious asshole!

Why, because of the mansions he has waiting on them! Don't be shortsighted.

Of course, that begs the question of why THEY get mansions today, or whether invisible death mansions actually exist in the sky, or whether mansions should really be the goal anyway, but whatevs!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Daffodil said:

Yup! And how about the act of doing what your deity wants you to do, but you end up dead? I've told this story here before so I'll make it brief. It was the final straw that broke my Christian camel, spirit animal's back. Grandma and Grandpa in separate car. Their kids and grandkids in the car behind them travelling down the highway to church on Easter Sunday. Another couple also going to church traveling perpendicular to them. The driver of that car has some health issue... Floors it, passes through intersection and onto the highway and T-bones Grandma and Grandpa. Both die. Driver of out of control car also dies. Kids and grandkids watch it all happen right in front of them. This happened a couple of miles away from my house.

I wonder what kind of prayers they asked for after all that? Ugh

You're not even safe doing the shit you're deity seemingly wants you to do. Thanks God!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
9 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Why, because of the mansions he has waiting on them! Don't be shortsighted.

Of course, that begs the question of why THEY get mansions today, or whether invisible death mansions actually exist in the sky, or whether mansions should really be the goal anyway, but whatevs!

Depending on how good a christian one is, the long-awaited for mansion could be 

7-9.jpg

But at least there are some pretty flowers....so don't complain.  

See the link for other mansion possibilities.   Apparently the competition among christians never ends.  "Look at my house.  I always KNEW God loves meeeeeeeeeeeee more than you.  Neener Neener Neener!"   :P

http://www.raptureready.com/mansions-in-heaven/

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Wertbag said:

I love the families standing in the ruins of their homes saying "God saved us from the tornado!"  Why the hell did He send it in the first place?

Natural disasters, gotta love 'em. I suppose they don't ask themselves the purpose of tornadoes, hurricanes or earthquakes that hit uninhabited areas.

Guess their god missed, was practicing, or was taking out some bad trees and rabbits.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Daffodil said:

This is from yesterdays news of 14 church members killed in a tragic bus accident coming from a retreat. All of them died in the bus accident. Here's what the pastor says.....''To be absent from the body - is to be present with the lord''.....

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2017/march/texas-church-mourns-13-seniors-killed-in-choir-bus-crash.html

• Super Moderator

I heard this story from a pastor when I was in Northern Ireland.  

A young missionary he knew personally, had gone to some far-flung village in the remote jungles of Africa.  His wife didn't want to go.  Aside from not really wanting to give up the comforts of home and such, the missus really had a bad feeling about going.  She had led a sheltered life and wasn't sure about living the life of adventure her husband seemed to want.  But being the dutiful, godly wife, she went... against her better judgment.

She was gang raped by the natives on their first day in the village.  Brutalized, tortured, and forced to submit by a dozen tribal "warriors".  She never recovered mentally or emotionally from the trauma; and ended up dying a few years later of a sexually transmitted disease she contracted from one of her attackers.

The husband continued to "minister" to the tribe for years, eventually gaining a few half-hearted converts and starting a small church in a mud hut on the outskirts of the village.

With a straight face, the pastor telling me that story ended it by saying, "Isn't that a tremendous testimony of the awesomeness of god!?"

I had no comment then; I still have no comment now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Margee said:

This is from yesterdays news of 14 church members killed in a tragic bus accident coming from a retreat. All of them died in the bus accident. Here's what the pastor says.....''To be absent from the body - is to be present with the lord''.....

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2017/march/texas-church-mourns-13-seniors-killed-in-choir-bus-crash.html

"Called home to Jesus".  And he chose to call them home in a terrifying, painful way.  Undoubtedly some of them died slowly on the pavement in terrible pain.  What a nice way to "go home"!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

A young missionary he knew personally, had gone to some far-flung village in the remote jungles of Africa.  His wife didn't want to go.  Aside from not really wanting to give up the comforts of home and such, the missus really had a bad feeling about going.  She had led a sheltered life and wasn't sure about living the life of adventure her husband seemed to want.  But being the dutiful, godly wife, she went... against her better judgment.

She was gang raped by the natives on their first day in the village.  Brutalized, tortured, and forced to submit by a dozen tribal "warriors".  She never recovered mentally or emotionally from the trauma; and ended up dying a few years later of a sexually transmitted disease she contracted from one of her attackers.

The husband continued to "minister" to the tribe for years, eventually gaining a few half-hearted converts and starting a small church in a mud hut on the outskirts of the village.

With a straight face, the pastor telling me that story ended it by saying, "Isn't that a tremendous testimony of the awesomeness of god!?"

?

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 4:20 PM, Margee said:

That's really just as sick way to glorify death and tragedy. And thanks God for taking these people from their loved ones so abruptly and painfully! 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 5:21 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Wow.. That's horrible. Ultimately, she was pressured by a religion (a lie) that stole from her and she paid the highest price for it. Unbelievable and just fucking sad. :( 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 1:17 PM, Sybaris said:

Natural disasters, gotta love 'em. I suppose they don't ask themselves the purpose of tornadoes, hurricanes or earthquakes that hit uninhabited areas.

Guess their god missed, was practicing, or was taking out some bad trees and rabbits.

I remember asking my mother once why did God send a tornado so close to us? 

Her response? "How do you know it was God!? It could be the devil who sent it. It didn't hit us, so God protected us. Don't you ever question God again."

Ironically enough, she begs me to go to church on Sundays now. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 6:36 PM, Daffodil said:

?

My reaction exactly. Simply sickening...

• Like 1

Some people manage something constructive when they post thoughts or opinions, but then there's the useless rubbish that accomplishes absolutely nothing. One thing I saw recently was "God please heal cancer victims, share if you're against cancer!" I don't even have anything to say about that that hasn't already been said.

• Like 1

I know a young couple who suffered two miscarriages in the past six months.

I don't hang around their crowd, but I will hear through the grapevine what asinine justifications for "god's glory" they get given.

Fucking unbelievable that they have to force themselves to believe that there's an invisible deity who is either causing or allowing these terrible things to happen. What a monster it would be if it was real.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2017 at 5:23 PM, buffettphan said:

Depending on how good a christian one is, the long-awaited for mansion could be 

7-9.jpg

But at least there are some pretty flowers....so don't complain.  

See the link for other mansion possibilities.   Apparently the competition among christians never ends.  "Look at my house.  I always KNEW God loves meeeeeeeeeeeee more than you.  Neener Neener Neener!"   :P

http://www.raptureready.com/mansions-in-heaven/

Why is the TP on the outside of the door? 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Vigile said:

Why is the TP on the outside of the door? 

and it's locked LOL!

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

I (laughingly) wondered why the poor user was locked inside with the TP outside too.  Then I shrugged and said to myself "Considered the source... those Rapture Ready folks are beyond cuckoo!"   :49:  :lmao: :49:

ETA:  Maybe that's their way of punishing the not-so-good christians  -- leave 'em in a outhouse with no TP for all eternity. Sounds like a version of hell.  :lmao:

• Like 3

They don't NEED toilet paper... their whole problem is that they're FULL of shit, not trying to get rid of it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sybaris said:

and it's locked LOL!

. . . on the outside?  That's just all kinds of wrong!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard people praising God for preventing a death of one of their relatives.

This relative in particular believed in Christ.

It makes you wonder why they're so happy that he/she has been spared, when clearly the better option would be that they spent eternity in Heaven.

Sure, a normal person would agree that it's better that the person be alive here on planet Earth.

However, Christians don't think like normal people. For them, eternity with Jesus is the goal.

So it always baffled me why people bothered to even pray for a believer to get well when it'd be honestly better to pray for their death.

If somebody is in a coma, yet he/she believed in Christ, then it's better for them to just spend eternity with Jesus than try to wrestle them back to this shithole.

Could it be that they're just selfish people like everybody else who don't want to see loved ones die?

But in the context of Christianity, death for a believer means a secured eternity.

So either they're entitled bastards praying for a healing that would cause somebody to be forced here on planet Earth...

OR they're unsure about the whole Heaven thing to begin with.

• Like 2