Goodbye Jesus

And so it begins...

bornagainathiest

http://www.space.com/36360-black-hole-image-event-horizon-telescope.html

...and we won't know the result until sometime next year.

Thanks,

BAA.

*Begins evil laugh*

And I was just reading on a creationist website that much like their light time distance problem for a 6,000 year old earth, so was a big bang event horizon (Which I think is different from a black hole event horizon?) a problem for everyone else.

Science is beginning to unravel more mysteries. Like Neil Degrasse Tyson says "If that is the way you want to define your god, then your god is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance."

Yes, an interesting project. My expectations are that they will be surprised by what they see and also by what they don't see.  I believe what they will see will not have radio symmetry to it, unlike the simulation. I expect they will blame this on obstructed vision from our perspective, but instead the reason for this asymmetry will be that there are a number of smaller black-hole-like entities that orbit their mutual center of gravity, more like a disc than a sphere from our perspective. There are a number of clues to indicate that this may be the case, not only for our galaxy but for nearly all other Spiral and Lenticular galaxies, and for elliptical galaxies that have rotation to them as a whole. We'll see what they find, claim to have discovered, or don't find.

Did you mean radial symmetry Pantheory, or radio symmetry?

I ask because I understand what the first is, but not the second.

Thanks,

BAA.

Yes, thanks for the correction. I meant radial symmetry. I also don't know the meaning of radio symmetry :)