Goodbye Jesus

So, an Elder Gentleman Approached Me With a Tract Earlier Today.

skysoar15

The man looked like he was in his early seventies.

Poor guy could barely walk, but he kept it in stride.

He handed me a blue little tract and asked if I had a minute to talk.
Not having the heart to tell him no, I heard him 'explain' to me the Gospel.

In his eyes, I just got saved.

Sort of humorous when you think about it.

He had such a loving look in his eyes. 

Must be the Easter holidays. An elder woman handed me a tract yesterday evening. 

• Super Moderator

Last week I had a couple of old lady JWs knock on my door for the first time in years. They handed me a tract, I took it, said thank you, and shut the door as they began their speech. I figure for every tract I throw away there's one less person to be confronted with that crap. 'Tis the season I guess.

• Like 4

My birthday is next month, so I'll be due for my annual tract included in a card from my grandmother, bless her heart. She really is sweet, just misled. I don't know what she expects to accomplish since she knows I was raised in church, was a devout believer and knew the Bible well, thus meaning that there's nothing in the shallow little tracts that I haven't already heard a bazillion times. I guess it's just something she feels that she needs to do and hopes that they'll give me the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

• Like 1

I sincerely wonder if any of the folks above would be nearly as gracious if the tables were turned and they received an atheist "tract" from you guys.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, ConsiderTheSource said:

I sincerely wonder if any of the folks above would be nearly as gracious if the tables were turned and they received an atheist "tract" from you guys.

blank_atheist_pamphlet-vi.gif

• Like 2

I had someone (a fairly fundy Christian) tell me she believed it was rude to refuse proselytizers, especially if they were older as it was a matter of respect for elders. I don't happen to believe I owe people anything other than the basic courtesy I would offer anyone else just because they happened to be born earlier. Certainly not listening to patronizing drivel about their knowing better than I do what I need to be thinking.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
9 hours ago, Burnedout said:

If you ever get JWs knock on your door, and they want to come in and try to proselytize you, just tell them they have to say the pledge of allegiance first.  That is a BIG no no for them.  They will NEVER come back. 

HA!  I like that and will try it next time.  I used to tell them I was catholic and they would practically run away.  I guess catholics weren't worth their trouble.  :HaHa:

We like to park in the Mormon church parking lot to watch the city fireworks show on July 4. They are very inviting and it's free. One year, they were giving out water so I took one. That's when they asked me if I'd fill out their questionnaire. Since I was parking in their lot and drinking their water for free, I felt obligated to do so. The questions were basic stuff about do you know the story of Jesus, want a relationship with him, and if you'd want to visit their church. I wrote no and that I was an atheist. I then put it in the stack. As I walked off, I looked over my shoulder and saw that they were reading it. Oh well. 

I have heard that asking the JW's to join you in a prayer to Satan is one good method of keeping them away...