Goodbye Jesus

Recommended Books About Recovering from Christianity?

skysoar15

Does anyone have any preferably free resources about recovering from the effects of Christianity?

If it costs money, then so be it. But for now, free resources would be preferred.

I'm not aware of any quick fixes. You might check Amazon Books and/or google Religious Trauma Syndrome. Obviously you will find a lot of stories on this site about how people have dealt with the fallout that comes when you leave your faith. I haven't found anyone who said it was easy, probably because it isn't.

The indoctrination has to be dealt with, the loss of social structure, and family issues are also often a problem. All of that takes time to deal with & process. My experience & as well as others indicates it takes years to deal with all the negatives & indoctrination assuming you were a Christian for a long time or raised in a Xian family. 

• Like 1

Depending on what's your goal? Are you looking for something to distract yourself or looking for hope/spiritual thing to fill the hole?

I would actually watch some netflix show for entertainment and distraction. Stranger things and 13 reasons why are great shows..

If for filling the hole, I don't really have any idea. Read something positive I guess. Avoid books like 1984/brave new world. Maybe read Nightingale or All the lights we cannot see.

The hardest thing for me to accept is that there is no heaven, at least not Christian Heaven, I will do good things and make my life as meaningful as possible. If our life do not have a meaning, we can give it a meaning,

Sorry...

• 3 weeks later...

Leaving the fold by Marlene Winell is very good, also check out Leaving your religion by James Mulholland.