Goodbye Jesus

Poem: "The Saddest Thing"

L.B.

"The Saddest Thing"

The saddest thing isn't that we've drifted more apart;

The saddest thing isn't this dull aching in my heart.

The saddest thing isn't what you will believe that I won't -

The saddest thing is that I see it and you don't.

I wrote that quickly this early afternoon - there are those here who struggle with life alongside a believing spouse. I certainly do. The problem is that even if she were to reject the stupid, useless beliefs she holds, we are so different as people in the first place - and I've changed so much. I don't know if a new life sans religion would even work for us together.

My gut feeling is heaviness; I can see that her insistence on her Sky Daddy is not only going to fail her by not fixing "us", but she'll also one day have to deal with Sky Daddy's utter inability to save her from the abuse and neglect of her "fellow believers". She can't see the forest for the trees right now, and that's the saddest thing to me. She can't see that religion is not working at all to help - it's what's ripping us apart.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hey man, I'm so sorry it's this hard for you, I really am.  I hope that being part of this community helps in some way at least...

• Like 3

@ThereAndBackAgain

it sure does help... I might go nuts or just disappear from my legitimate responsibilities if I didn't have this forum to vent on.

I just wish we weren't hurting so badly financially... it's killing me that I can't really care for my children like they deserve.

The religion getting in the way of the marriage sure doesn't help, either... she's "trusting the lord" and neglecting me.

• 9 months later...

I don't have a spouse but the poem resonates with me because of my family. Thank you for posting and thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Thank you. It resonates.

• Like 1

Thanx for posting the poem, @L.B.

Just had another convo with Mrs. MOHO last night regarding xianity and how I came to regard the Bible as fiction. She accepted none of my reasons and we came to the conclusion that we will always remain oceans apart. I really feel your pain but it's a little different for us. We'd be just fine - sans religion - but it's tearing us apart and it hurts. 

I really have a very deep disrespect for religion right now. I wish it would go away and leave us alone. 

• Sad 1