Goodbye Jesus

God's Not Dead 3: The Fall of Atheism

skysoar15

Humor me. I had an off day from work.

(Exaggerated on purpose) 

Plot: A Christian husband and wife find a forum just like this one on the web. They dedicate one month to trying to convert them back to Christianity.

A pastor convinces them that it is possible by the grace of God. "Mountains will move is you have the belief."

Together, the main character rounds up 5 other Christians to infiltrate the online board.

They all join together for a road trip to meet the harshest and most militant atheists in person for the ultimate confrontation.

Main characters:

1.) Ryan- A Christian man in his 40s with a normal day job who discovers the Internet. Has two daughters who feel neglected by his quest to conquer atheism.

2.) Hannah- His wife who quits her job to support his quest. The two become part of a road trip to win the Internet. 

3.) Jim- Ryan's old college roommate turned missionary. His wife just died of cancer but he believes it was because God needed her for a higher purpose. 

He has an atheist son (Kyle) who got angry growing up that his mom and dad cared more about winning souls than taking care of him.

4.) Nikki- A college student who hears about the trip. After discovering the Internet and realizing that evolution might be true, she decides to join the road trip to debunk it. 

She becomes romantically involved with Jim.

5.) Greg- A hardass ex-atheist turned Bible thumper who loves to win arguments against Christianity and has a strained friendship with Jim. His wife "couldn't make the trip."

6.) D'Andre- Token black guy whose wife doesn't want him to go. He convinces her that it's "God's purpose." 

Plot Twist: Greg has been lying about being a Christian and secretly moonlights as one of the militant atheists on the website. He intentionally wants people to leave the faith and does it by being so much of a hardass Bible-thumper  that they'll want to run the other direction. Greg reveals that he's the reason why Jim's son doesn't believe anymore, and soon he will cause millions of others to leave the faith. Greg also reveals that his wife has continued posting in his absence under the same identity. 

Greg's response: "What, you think I actually believe in this shit? Me? How dumb do you think I am?"

Greg tempts Nikki to leave by claiming that it's a danger to her womanhood. 

A meeting in the park with Hannah causes all of her doubts to be vanquished. 

D'Andre believes they need to cast out Greg from the group. Jim and Ryan reluctantly agree. 

Meanwhile, Greg's atheist wife has been taking care of Ryan's daughters back at home.

Greg and Ryan get into a bloody, physical fist fight in the rain which causes Greg to shout: "God is evil! I refuse to worship him!!!"

Ryan: "So you do believe in him." 

Greg trembles and runs off into the dark road, never to be seen again.

Ryan looks up to the thundering sky with approval.

The rest of the gang approach the other militant atheists in person.

One long conversation about Evolution, Belief, the Fall of Man, and the Cross causes every single atheist to return to Christianity.

Greg returns back home via a bus ride with a gun in his hand.

Meanwhile, the entire Internet forum becomes littered with "God's Not Dead" posts. 

Ryan and Hannah return home to see Greg holding their daughters hostage with a gun.

Greg: "Tell me, Brother. How's God going to deliver you both from this?"

Ryan: "Your wife can't be okay with this."

Greg: "She just called the police. I'm having you arrested for physical assault and the murder of your two children."

Ryan: "What?"

Greg: "That gun has all of your fingerprints on it.

Ryan: "You won't get away with this."

Greg: "The entire justice system is filled with people like me. The entire squad here are atheists. Some of them I'm close to. You think they wouldn't turn a blind eye toward me?

Ryan: "You can't do this..."

Greg: "But you can end it though."

Ryan: "What?"

Greg: "You can end all of it by saying that God isn't real."

Ryan: "You know I can't do that."

Greg: "SAY IT! God's NOT REAL!"

Ryan: "I refuse to ever say that."

Hannah: "We're sticking with God."

Ryan: "So what's your move?"

(Girls still hostage at gunpoint)

Greg: "You would watch your children die if it meant sticking with that sociopath?"

Ryan: "That 'sociopath' is my Father! And He commands you to put the gun down in JESUS' NAME!"

Greg's hand lets go of the trigger. He begins to cry.

Greg: "I'm sorry, Brother. Forgive me." (weeps in his arms)

Ryan: "It's okay, your sins are forgiven."

Hannah- Are you alright, girls? (hugging them)

Daughter 1- Yeah...I'm okay. Thanks to God.

Daughter 2- I guess he is real after all.

Greg: "Yeah. I guess Got's not dead."

Greg's wife enters the room and sees a group hug.

Greg- Guess what, Honey? God is real and you can have him too...if you want Him? (opens his arms to welcome her).

Greg's wife begins to sob and rushes in.

Ryan looks again at the sky with approval. 

Ryan: "Thanks, Old Man."

(End Credits)

Stinger: The President of the United States hears about the Internet.

He walks into a room filled with important political figures all across the world.

President: "We have a problem."

(Shows them the once atheist forum)

Another leader: "We expected this."

President: "You don't mean..."

Another leader: "Yes."

(They pull out a mysterious switch)

Another leader: "Go ahead, Mr. President. Pull it."

The President slowly reaches out and pulls the switch.

(God's Not Dead 4- Judgment Day)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.