Goodbye Jesus

Easter Message

Castiel233

Every year, from the Pope on down, Christian leaders pray for peace in the middle east.

Every year.....

Those prayers go unnoticed and unanswered, yet come the next year, they offer the same prayers, despite a 100 percent failure rate.

Idiots

• Super Moderator

Faith. It always trumps reality. Always.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  James 5:16

Christian Leaders:

Prayer -0

Reality -1

"Lets stick with prayer"

Thoughts and Prayers = we give no fucks.

• Like 1

Like the gambler so far in the hole that they have to go one more time...  what if this was the time? 

• Like 1

Perhaps the Pope has insufficient faith...?

On 4/17/2017 at 6:27 PM, hockeyfan70 said:

I am stealing this. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2017 at 6:27 PM, hockeyfan70 said:

Well I think that is often the case, but I do think the words often come from a sincere sympathy and desire to help.  After all, we often offer the same kind of support to each other here, minus the prayers.  I have often seen new members express their relief and gratitude at being welcomed to our community and offered encouragement and support.  Human beings need encouragement from others.  While we realize that thoughts can only go so far and that prayers go nowhere, it does help to know there are others who care.  Who hasn't felt encouraged by Margee's 'hugs'!

Of course it it is important to offer more practical help as well, and we do that here as best we can, even it is 'only' in the form of pointing each other to resources that provide scientific, historical and other forms of support that may bolster the process of deconversion. 

On 4/22/2017 at 9:35 AM, ThereAndBackAgain said:

Well I think that is often the case, but I do think the words often come from a sincere sympathy and desire to help.  After all, we often offer the same kind of support to each other here, minus the prayers.  I have often seen new members express their relief and gratitude at being welcomed to our community and offered encouragement and support.  Human beings need encouragement from others.  While we realize that thoughts can only go so far and that prayers go nowhere, it does help to know there are others who care.  Who hasn't felt encouraged by Margee's 'hugs'!

Of course it it is important to offer more practical help as well, and we do that here as best we can, even it is 'only' in the form of pointing each other to resources that provide scientific, historical and other forms of support that may bolster the process of deconversion. 

I was thinking mainly about those tragedies where politicians say "our thoughts and prayers are with the families...." without any chance of them actually doing anything legislatively that would prevent the tragedy from happening. But I do get your point. It's like that recent SNL skit with Louis CK called "Thank you Scott" where he liked something on Facebook and feels like he did something.

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 9:23 PM, Fweethawt said:

Thought shall not steal... ^_^

...except when thou invadest Canaan. Then thou shalt kill, steal and rape the Canaanites. Glory to God most High!